Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Grosse Pointe will soon become a communnity of two different classes.. if you can afford the private schools, and the very large and nice homes, than you will be in one group, if you live in the average modest bungalow and are going to rely on public schools, you are in the other group... the public schools system in GP will continue to decline, as seen in the lowest testing results in schools like Poupard and Parcells, and lower scores at GPNorth HS vs. South HS. The rich that can afford the private schooling and care about their kids education will increasingly pull their kids from the public schools exasperating the decline. Unless you are moving into the 500K+ area of housing in the Pointes... long term prognosis from me isnt good.... [[im in the woods, i just bought, i have kids in the system, would have never bought if i already didnt have kids in the schools, think by the time the last graduates it will be similar to when my parents moved out of the eastside of detroit)......

I agree with Bham, but at a lesser amplitude.

Because of its location, the Pointes have been disadvantaged by the decline of Detroit to a greater extent than a lot of other suburbs. Now that Detroit's decline is slowing/ending/turning around [[depending on your level of optimism and how important you think it is that a lot of neighborhoods aren't getting any better) that disadvantage is likely to diminish. But sprawl in SE Michigan isn't over, and Detroit still has lots of issues, especially on the east side. There will probably be continued improvement moving up East Jefferson, but how long that takes to get over to Mack I wouldn't guess--it isn't the main path of redevelopment, that's for sure. On the other hand, the more that downtown improves and becomes more of a center of employment and entertainment the more beneficial for the Pointes, regardless of what happens elsewhere in the city.

Does Richville has public housing? I tried to look around and I don't see any.