Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Shai_Hulud View Post
    ... So no, the current state of DPS is not a valid reason to further maim public education and democratic process in the name of experimentation. It would be impressive if someone managed to do a worse job than Lansing. However, I don't believe we can afford to burn up another decade of students, or at least black students, in the name of "experimentation."
    Good post.

I'm all in favor of experimentation but only if there's a way to guarantee recovery should the experiment fail. Otherwise the "experimenting" is merely a preemptive excuse for putting others at risk.

It's Orwellian.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Good post.

I'm all in favor of experimentation but only if there's a way to guarantee recovery should the experiment fail. Otherwise the "experimenting" is merely a preemptive excuse for putting others at risk.

It's Orwellian.
    I don't think DPS students are at risk. "At Risk" suggests that they MIGHT incur harm.

DPS is a proven problem. No risk. It is reality.

You want a guarantee? You have it now. There's a near guarantee that DPS students will graduate at very low rates obtained while spending very high per-pupil amounts. There's your guarantee.

Experiment. Sometimes amazing things happen. [[And sometimes EAA happens -- but its probably isn't much worse that DPS) So experiment!

There needs to be a final showdown about DPS. The emergency management and bizarre bureaucratic goings-on have to stop. The kids are dropping out and many graduates are far behind their peers who get sent elsewhere. This is a public health crisis.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2