Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Our lights stayed on thankfully. But tree limbs everywhere. And folks driving way too fast for the ice underneath the snow last night.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    And I'm also without power.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    And folks driving way too fast for the ice underneath the snow last night.
    Oh baloney! Didn't you ever watch those truck commercials? They're sliding sideways, wheels spinning, mud and crap going every other which way? Hoo-hoo-hoo-hoo!!! [[1.5% apr)

stop the snow!

I thought El-Nino means a mild winter? Not starting off like one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    I thought El-Nino means a mild winter? Not starting off like one.
    Really? One snow day does not make a trend. The last months worth of way above average temperatures hasn't been Mild enough for you? We had record temperature days at the beginning of the month. The highs were running 15 degrees above the average high just 2 weeks ago.

It's going to be back in the high 50s by Thanksgiving day.

I would consider this an extremely mild fall.

Quote Originally Posted by devman1983 View Post
    I looked him straight in the eye and said "F. You." Felt great.
    Make sure to remember that one so you can share it with your grandkids one day.

Jerk.

And now it's all going to melt by Thanksgiving. Dirty slushy puddles alert!!

Quote Originally Posted by ndavies View Post
    Really? One snow day does not make a trend. The last months worth of way above average temperatures hasn't been Mild enough for you? We had record temperature days at the beginning of the month. The highs were running 15 degrees above the average high just 2 weeks ago.

It's going to be back in the high 50s by Thanksgiving day.

I would consider this an extremely mild fall.
    And it has been.

Many people seem to forget that just a few week ago, we had several consecutive days with temps well into the 70s [[record-breaking warmth for November).

Could be worse. We could be in Baltimore or Boston where it changes hourly-thaws, freezes, etc. You're slippin', they're slippin', folks getting impaled on giant icicles falling from triple decker houses.

No. A nice heavy drift of fluffy snow that comes down and stays down is not going to pitch me over too bad [[at least we aren't in Buffalo-the other "B" city). Yup, getting snowed in for days-even weeks-gives ya' plenty of time to pace the floors and get to know yourself a little better.

The only thing that kills us is we all still have to commute, and that salt is never doing our roads too much good in the long run.

Michigan Blizzard of '78

I lucked out that year. All I had to shovel was a small length of sidewalk. When I finished, there were two neat vertical walls over my head on either side of that sidewalk.

Kinda pointless though because it was clear no one would be driving anywhere.

I lucked out as well. Lived at the North Campus Co-ops at University of Michigan
    at that time. The place was socked in, no buses, no classes for at least one day.
    Did not have to shovel. I recall studying some of the time and hanging out with
    friends the rest of the time.

This looks promising for Michigan this winter:
    Winter 2015-16 Temperature Outlook Update: Considerably Warm North, Chilly South.
    The strong El Niño event currently underway is a big player in the winter forecast. Stronger El Niño winters tend to favor cooler conditions across the South with warmer than average temperatures in the North.

With this El Niño the strongest in 18 years and nearing its peak and considerable agreement from computer model guidance, there is increasing confidence in such a temperature pattern.
    Thanks, El Niño!

As far as I know there's only two things anyone can do about the weather....1)talk about it and 2) wait for it to change...and it surely will...

Drove past my favorite golf course today about 2pm ish. There were cars in the parking lot and I saw 5 or 6 groups out there. Couldn't have been too wet because they let riding carts out. Not too bad for the end of November.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2