Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    Good luck to them. you can still request 'well done' at these places, right?
    You can, at your own risk. According to Anthony Bourdain's first book, grill cooks believe anyone ordering well done steak is clueless, so they feel justified giving them the nastiest piece of meat in their bin. That might be true - better order medium well just in case.

Walked by the park today and to my surprise the park had been replaced by a large event "tent". Security said "no pics" but I discretely snapped a few. It appears though that the park will be completely redone and they want some input from the community. My guess is that they already have a Gilbert Approved design ready to go.

As for the tent I am 99% sure that it is for a grand opening event that Lear is putting on next week. Beyond that I wonder if they will keep it up for winter programing like they tend to do with Cadillac Square.

Name:  unnamed-3.jpg
Views: 1798
Size:  30.4 KB

Name:  unnamed-2.jpg
Views: 1808
Size:  46.0 KB

Name:  unnamed-1.jpg
Views: 1821
Size:  48.3 KB

Name:  unnamed.jpg
Views: 1832
Size:  51.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    Walked by the park today and to my surprise the park had been replaced by a large event "tent". Security said "no pics" but I discretely snapped a few.
    Huh? How can a private security guard tell you to take no pics on a public sidewalk of a street scene? That makes no sense.

Good for you for not heeding security. It's our constitutional right to take photos from public sidewalks, despite what security says.

http://content.photojojo.com/photo-technique/tips/legal-rights-of-photographers/

P.S.: I've had private security try to tell me the same.

Yeah I have run into issues in the past and since it was just some quick phone shots I decided not to get into a debate with them. They do love to push photographers around though, so it is always good to know your rights.

How dare you take pictures of a public park from a public street. Troublemaker!

This views from the just completed Griswold apartments.

http://detroit.curbed.com/2017/2/10/...wntown-detroit

Quote Originally Posted by MSUguy View Post
    This views from the just completed Griswold apartments.

http://detroit.curbed.com/2017/2/10/...wntown-detroit

Oh man! I hope someone has an eye for those mural ads in the foreground and on the Farwell building. Those should be brought back.

All of those ads are going to be covered up by new construction.

Looks like Gilbert's micro apts are about done with the exterior work too.

Good to hear about...

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...-park-district

If you can't get into the link, Google the headline.

"DDP selects Toronto-based firm to modernize Capitol Park district"

That firm has some pretty solid designs, full of green space and not concrete. Capitol Park is going to be incredible in 2-3 years.

The Farwell is getting a painted advertisement today.

Name:  2017-10-09 12.06.59.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  193.7 KB

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3