Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2015-16 Pistons

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Whoa! Anyone else just catch the Piston ~4 Overtimes~ win against the Bulls in Chicago? I'm getting to like this team more and more.
    Great game, Reggie Jackson is da-MAN!

It was a great win, especially after watching the Wings lose in OT again. It seems odd to me the way they run the pick & roll every time down the court because it makes the rest of the team stand around and watch too much but the Bulls seemed, for the most part, unable to defend it. Had the Pistons simply hit 75% of their free throws though the game would have been over much sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Yes !! The Pistons are growing on me also. All they need to do is add better depth to the bench. The starters are playing too many minutes. Hopefully, they can do that by the trade deadline. SVG is doing a great job bringing them along.
    Brandon Jennings is playing his first game in over a year with Grand Rapids farm team and should be back in January. If he can even play 85% of where he was when he tore his achilles, the bench depth will be greatly improved. I feel a bit sorry for Steve Blake who has done well and will lose minutes but are worse fates than riding a bench and making millions. Plus if Jennings is quite back it is nice to know he is there.

Brandon Jennings is playing his first game in over a year with Grand Rapids farm team and should be back in January. If he can even play 85% of where he was when he tore his achilles, the bench depth will be greatly improved. I feel a bit sorry for Steve Blake who has done well and will lose minutes but are worse fates than riding a bench and making millions. Plus if Jennings is quite back it is nice to know he is there.
    Don't get too attached to either as they're both likely gone at the end of the season although they might keep Blake one more year as a 3rd stringer.

Whoa! Anyone else just catch the Piston ~4 Overtimes~ win against the Bulls in Chicago? I'm getting to like this team more and more.
    Caught it live, at the United Center. I can happily report a lot of frowns on the faces of Bull's fans leaving the stadium. I high fived a couple of kids in Pistons hats on my way out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dbest View Post
    Caught it live, at the United Center. I can happily report a lot of frowns on the faces of Bull's fans leaving the stadium. I high fived a couple of kids in Pistons hats on my way out.
    Lucky you, that game will be a future "Hardwood Classics" game on NBA-TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Lucky you, that game will be a future "Hardwood Classics" game on NBA-TV.
    It was a great game, Chicago fans up in nose bleeds are good people. Everyone was having fun watching the marathon.

I would have not minded a 5th OT considering you would then be talking about something even more rare. Can't beat a win like that though..

My brother[[Bulls fan) bought our tickets at the beginning of the season.

I'm really excited about the direction of this team. They start finishing close games with regularity then we might be looking at a top 4 team in the East. Compound that with how good this team is at home and they could put some scare in the East.

Hey Cinci_Kid: Were you a big Maxiel fan? He always gave us some good hustle and played bigger than he was...

I was on my phone and saw that it was a one point game with less than a minute left in regulation, so I figured I'd flip on the TV and watch the end. Over an hour later, it was finally done and I was very happy to have witnessed a bit of history in the making! That was really fun to watch, and you know things are turning around for this franchise in that they actually came away with a win. Had they been in this game last year, even if went to the 4th OT, they probably would have lost. You get the feeling that these guys are really learning how to win.

Quote Originally Posted by sirrealone View Post
    Had they been in this game last year, even if went to the 4th OT, they probably would have lost. You get the feeling that these guys are really learning how to win.
    Give me chills thinking about this team possibly being really good again in the near future...

The Pistons have proven they are at the very least a competitive team again. Yet the Palace is less than half full most games. I'm curious, if the team continues to improve to a 45+ win team, do you think the crowds will return or have a large percentage of people decided they won't go to the Palace unless it's a really special event? Are fans on this forum boycotting the Palace in hopes that lousy attendance forces Gores to move downtown in a couple of years?

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    The Pistons have proven they are at the very least a competitive team again. Yet the Palace is less than half full most games. I'm curious, if the team continues to improve to a 45+ win team, do you think the crowds will return or have a large percentage of people decided they won't go to the Palace unless it's a really special event? Are fans on this forum boycotting the Palace in hopes that lousy attendance forces Gores to move downtown in a couple of years?
    Detroit has some of the most fickle fans in sports. I'd say its going to take a playoff run to get people interested in this team. A lot of people are still stuck in the 2004 era and are unfamiliar with the current team, with the exception of some basic knowledge of Drummond. Once everyone buys in to Reggie, Dre and Stanley as the future of this team, I think we'll see fans return.
    The Palace has been more than half full this season, with a few notable big crowds. Plus, who wants to deal with I-75 traffic to go to an arena by a former garbage dump, pay $15 in parking to see an 8 seed? Not this fanbase haha.

The lack of crowds has nothing to do with the Palace itself or the new arena going up downtown. The Pistons don't have the diehard following of fans that the Tigers, Lions, and Red Wings do where they'll turn up in good times or bad [[though Comerica Park was a pretty quiet place for most of the early 2000's, just saying). People like the Pistons when they are good and don't care about them when they're not good. They haven't been good in a long time, so the attendance is not surprising. But, it is going up. Personally, I used to get offers quite regularly from a few sources to get free tickets, and I've had not a one this year. The tides are turning slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by sirrealone View Post
    The lack of crowds has nothing to do with the Palace itself or the new arena going up downtown. The Pistons don't have the diehard following of fans that the Tigers, Lions, and Red Wings do where they'll turn up in good times or bad [[though Comerica Park was a pretty quiet place for most of the early 2000's, just saying). People like the Pistons when they are good and don't care about them when they're not good. They haven't been good in a long time, so the attendance is not surprising. But, it is going up. Personally, I used to get offers quite regularly from a few sources to get free tickets, and I've had not a one this year. The tides are turning slowly.
    The only tide turning is people in Oakland Co. no longer willing to travel to A.H. for games. To that I say: "Bring that shit downtown!"...

Gores has had the Palace naming rights for sale going on a few years, the business world could care less. Think that would be the case if his building were downtown? Doubtful.

The Pistons may have been losing for the better of 10 yrs, but during that time Downtown Detroit has been winning. Gores needs follow the Fords lead and ditch the suburb setup.

Final Score: Pistons 93 Heat 92 DEEETROIT BASKETBALL !!!!!!

This team is so much fun to watch, hope they can keep it going tonight in the A-T-L.....

Final Score: Pistons 93 Heat 92 DEEETROIT BASKETBALL !!!!!!
    Another gutty road win after going down 18 in the first. Chris Bosch and Wade had great games for Miami and I couldn't help wondering where we might be, while they were ripping us a new one in the first half, if we had drafted either of them instead of Darko.

Another gutty road win after going down 18 in the first. Chris Bosch and Wade had great games for Miami and I couldn't help wondering where we might be, while they were ripping us a new one in the first half, if we had drafted either of them instead of Darko.
    On the other hand, how many teams are wondering how they passed on Drummond and let him slip to no. 9? He was rated 1 or 2 by most people until he got a rep for being a bit lazy in college. He may be the hardest worker in the NBA. At least Dumars got that pick right before being shown the door.

On the other hand, how many teams are wondering how they passed on Drummond and let him slip to no. 9? He was rated 1 or 2 by most people until he got a rep for being a bit lazy in college. He may be the hardest worker in the NBA. At least Dumars got that pick right before being shown the door.
    As well as Caldwell-Pope. His shot is inconsistent, but he plays good defense. Once he puts it all together, he'll be a very good 3 and D 2 guard.

Congrats to the 2015-16 Pistons for making the playoff for the first time in six years.

A fun young team.

Congrats to the 2015-16 Pistons for making the playoff for the first time in six years.

A fun young team.
    In just 2 seasons, SVG has turned the team around. Now all they need to do is get a borderline all-star that commands double teams, and can get his own shot, work on Drummond's FT's, so he can stay in the game during crunch time, and strengthen the bench, [[which is a weak spot, starters play too many minutes) and they should be a perennial playoff team.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2