Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Crème Soda
    Root Beer
    Rock & Rye

I like all the flavors in the glass bottles with real sugar. I really like their cola but wish they would add this to the glass bottle/real sugar lineup.

My favorites were orange and root beer.

It'd have to be Red Pop.

Quote Originally Posted by Now&then View Post
    It'd have to be Red Pop.
    I'd agree, unfortunately I can't drink any pop anymore. That stuff was always good with pepperoni pizza [[one of the few miraculous things that can actually improve Domino's "quality" of cardboard-er, I mean, pizza).

As I've stated before, I feel bad for other distant cities that would only carry the crummiest flavors [[Cola, Orange, and Grape) and complain about what a sh*t drink it is. What?!-No Red Pop, Rock & Rye, or Ohana Punch? No wonder they get a bad first impression of it.

Redpop, cream soda, and 60/40. They used to have a flavor I liked called Frosh years ago, but I don't see it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    I'm not sure they've made their whole production using cane sugar, but the Throwback versions of Pepsi's offerings do. Thought only the Mexican-made Coke in the smaller glass bottles was non-HFCS...but it has been years since I checked them out.

Cheers!
    Mexican Coke products of Coke, Sprite, and various flavors of Fanta are all made with regular sugar. You can find them most places, but if you go to a grocery store like Kroger, you have to look in the Mexican/ethnic food aisle to find them as opposed to the pop aisle.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    I know Pepsi has gone back to selling its pop with actual Sugar. Also, both Coke & Pepsi are experimenting with a variant of pop that has Stevia.

But it's funny because people have been drinking the pop with fructose for so long that they can't even tolerate the real/ natural stuff.
    For Coke, it's called Coca-Cola Life, and for Pepsi, it's called Pepsi Next. They're both made with a blend of sugar and stevia. Coca-Cola Life is pretty good.

rock/n/rye

Rock and Rye mixed with vanilla ice cream is the best.

Quote Originally Posted by eastland View Post
    Rock and Rye mixed with vanilla ice cream is the best.
    I've never tried that, but boy it sounds interesting.

It's gotta be Rock n Rye. Lots of companies make the other flavors [[admittedly not as well), However, nobody makes Rock n Rye. It is smooth, just sweet enough, and has a distinctive, indescribably pleasant kick. Rock n Rye is Faygo's masterpiece. I just wonder what a Rock n Rye highball with real rye would taste like.

Yeah, speaking of-[[and I'm not trying to instill temptation into those going to meetings, here), anyone got some good cocktail recipes using Faygo they want to share?

My fav was Arctic Sun followed closely by Rock N Rye and Creme Soda

Quote Originally Posted by kathy2trips View Post
    It's gotta be Rock n Rye. Lots of companies make the other flavors [[admittedly not as well), However, nobody makes Rock n Rye. It is smooth, just sweet enough, and has a distinctive, indescribably pleasant kick. Rock n Rye is Faygo's masterpiece. I just wonder what a Rock n Rye highball with real rye would taste like.
    Of course, as you may or may not know, Rock n Rye the pop was named for, and flavored after, a once extremely popular alcoholic drink from the pre-prohibition era that was made with a base of rye whiskey and rock candy, aged together for a few months. My grandfather long kept a big jar of that stuff [[the booze, not the pop) aging with orange peels, cloves, and cinnamon at the back of his kitchen cabinet for a little holiday celebrational tipple on Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I do wonder though what your Rock n' Rye and rye would taste like [[perhaps with a little lime added). Pretty damn good I suspect, particularly with some smoother rye.

http://gardenandgun.com/article/drinks-rock-and-rye
    Last edited by EastsideAl; October-30-15 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by G-DDT View Post
    Yeah, speaking of-[[and I'm not trying to instill temptation into those going to meetings, here), anyone got some good cocktail recipes using Faygo they want to share?
    60/40
    Tequila [[a decent plato will do fine)
    A splash of Angostura bitters
    Lime
    Rocks

My sister's college favorite was Ohana and Southern Comfort. Horribly sweet stuff.
    Last edited by EastsideAl; October-30-15 at 11:26 AM.

The Secret Stash of two liter jugs is 18 to 1 in favor of Faygo vs. Diet Pepsi.
    Favorite flavors in descending order:

Cola/Diet Cola
    Orange
    Root Beer
    Ginger Ale
    Red Pop

I was present at the making of two different annual batches of Lithuanian Home Brew Krupnikas [[alcoholic medicinal liqueur) made by a Lithuanian family friend. The second
    batch was made more quickly, with more cooks in the kitchen, and didn't taste as good
    as the first.

Hey, Al! Your family holidays must have been pretty cheery! Takes me back to when Nonno used to make "funny fruit" in a Ball jars! We'd put some in the fruitcakes and eat the rest! Yum! Zzzzz!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2