Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Arts & Scraps

Default Arts & Scraps

My son said this would best go here. I just have to tell folks about a place we tracked down and visited on the East side. It was in a rather large fenced in enclosure, and the helpful ladies there were happy to take the donations we gave them of sewing goods.

For $4.50 they will give you a bag [[$8 for a large bag) to fill with whatever [[they have bins of threads, buttons, fabrics, rubber stamps, etc.) want from there. They are packed with stuff. Maybe you will find some ideas for you and the kids to make some items for the holidays. Or maybe if you are an artist, something might impress or inspire you.

They will take a lot of donations off their hands, so check out this listing on what they take. http://www.artsandscraps.org/Also, they can use volunteers and probably someone to teach courses there.

My partner is a huge supporter of these folks.

They get all sorts of samples at the firm she works with downtown, and when they clean out the library it all goes to Arts and Scraps.

She cannot say enough good things about this group...