Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    I just heard from a little birdie that the charges against the 3 low-level employees will likely be dropped soon.

Take that FWIW.
    hmm, didnt want them to take the stand and give the 'just following orders' defense?
    point who gave you those orders...

ok charges dropped?

maybe feds will swoop in, doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by compn View Post
    hmm, didnt want them to take the stand and give the 'just following orders' defense?
    point who gave you those orders...

ok charges dropped?

maybe feds will swoop in, doubt it.
    The reason I'm hearing is that they don't believe the water department purposely caused the problem and was only at fault to the extent of being behind the game in treatment.

It's a very ambiguous reason if true, which will raise more questions:

1. 2 of the 3 men charged didn't work for the Water Department. So how exactly does that reasoning relate to their charges?

2. When they say "the water dept is at fault only in the sense of being behind the game in treatment and did not purposely cause problems," are they implying that the problems were actually caused by decisions made at a higher level and charges will be filed against those at a higher level?

3. Did these 3 men who will have the charges dropped against them in fact give testimony [[or essentially "sing like canaries") that helped them reach that conclusion?

I suppose the State of Michigan reaps what it sows, right?

Too bad people like me who must pay taxes despite not voting for this type of governance and the people of Flint will end up being collateral damage because of it.

Gov. Rick Snyder's legal tab $6,500 per day

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loca...-day/84859358/

So he thought it was absolutely critical [[like his slightly less disgusting colleague who the people of Wisconsin have the misfortune of being stuck with) to declare a State of Emergency ASAP for something that happen EVERY SINGLE YEAR around Memorial Day as if it's a really shocking and unexpected event.

Yet, it took him 3+ months AFTER he "CLAIMS" he knew about the lead problems in Flint to declare a State of Emergency, even as children continued to be lead poisoned and people were dying and getting sick from Legionnaire's disease

Snyder declares energy emergency over gas supply woes

http://www.freep.com/story/money/business/michigan/2016/05/24/snyder-declares-energy-emergency-because-gas-woes/84868788/

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    So he thought it was absolutely critical [[like his slightly less disgusting colleague who the people of Wisconsin have the misfortune of being stuck with) to declare a State of Emergency ASAP for something that happen EVERY SINGLE YEAR around Memorial Day as if it's a really shocking and unexpected event.

Yet, it took him 3+ months AFTER he "CLAIMS" he knew about the lead problems in Flint to declare a State of Emergency, even as children continued to be lead poisoned and people were dying and getting sick from Legionnaire's disease

Snyder declares energy emergency over gas supply woes

|http://www.freep.com/story/money/business/michigan/2016/05/24/snyder-declares-energy-emergency-because-gas-woes/84868788/
    The article says: "She said this is the first time Snyder has declared an energy emergency for gasoline since he took office".

Now that all the loud voices are receding, we can look back and see that this is a bit overblown. Flint had, and has far more problems than just this. And a administrative failure on the part of many levels of government that briefly elevated blood lead levels back to their 2011 level is terrible, but not the worst thing about Flint. [[See the famous chart, showing peak Snyder levels at about 7% vs. 50% in 1993, from the back-to-nature, environmental think tank 'Mother Jones' of which Michael Moore was editor.)

I believe that lead levels are a big problem worldwide. I find the link between lead levels and violent crime to be compelling. It is unacceptable that we haven't solved this problem. Yet I just don't see that this Flint issue is anything but a political attack on my boy Rick.

Snyder engaged in Flint to solve Flint's problems. That lead levels in blood rebounded briefly is unacceptable. A government that ignores Flint's problems is worse. And Snyder did not ignore Flint. That's the criticsm. That he faced the problems and appointed an EM. He engaged, and tried to reduce waste to help get Flint on its feet to serve its residents. If you look to criticize unintended disastrous consequences in urban America, you don't have to look far. Yet its better to have our leaders try than to sit back and do nothing for fear of criticism from their base. The republican base in Michigan did not want Snyder to spend time on Flint and Detroit's problems. Yet he did. He would have been smarter to stay out and let Flint collapse of its own weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    The article says: "She said this is the first time Snyder has declared an energy emergency for gasoline since he took office".
    And? what's your point?

Yet I just don't see that this Flint issue is anything but a political attack on my boy Rick.
    I too supported Snyder, and think he hasn't done that bad of a job, until the Flint debacle. You have been especially vociferous in your voluminous comments on this thread, defending him at all costs. However this one comment of yours was very unfortunate of you to post... because now, in retrospect, all of your comments on this thread sound like the comments one would expect of a shill....

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    I too supported Snyder, and think he hasn't done that bad of a job, until the Flint debacle. You have been especially vociferous in your voluminous comments on this thread, defending him at all costs. However this one comment of yours was very unfortunate of you to post... because now, in retrospect, all of your comments on this thread sound like the comments one would expect of a shill....
    We are so lucky to have words like 'shill' in our language. I realized that I kinda knew what it meant, but thought I might be missing some aspect of it that might make the feel bad. Looked it up, and found that accomplice is a good synonym. Except that you have to add in an association with the other. Pay isn't crucial, but enticing or encouraging is.

I do want to entice and encourage consideration of My Boy Rick's [[MBR) actions. I do think he did what he did in pursuit of the best for Flint's citizens. It turned out badly, to be sure. And the optics of it are so bad as to effectively eliminate him politically. So you got me on entire and encourage. I'd be proud to be associated with MBR, but beyond voting, am not.

Here are my two shillish comments for the day.

1) The economic health of Flint is far more important than the small, temporary upward blip of lead caused by a mistake. Focusing on the water is a political theatre.

2) Lead pipe elimination has been ignored by decades by everybody. Heck, Flint's been ignored by everybody. We're only talking about this because MBR bothered to do something not done by anyone. He tried to do something for Flint -- even if it was unpopular [[EM and rationalizing water supply).

I am proud to be an unpaid, and unassociated shill for MBR who has done more for Flint anyone in decades. Snyder's still around. Where's Michael "Roger" Moore.

Sticks and stones.

Why is it every time I see this thread pop back up the most recent poster is Wesley Mouch? This idiot has a hard on for defending Tricky Dick Snyder. Dude, we get it you love you some Snyder but please stop minimizing those of us who have been harmed by this crisis. To describe what is happening here in Flint as a "blip" is fucking offensive. Lead poisoning is no joke man, the cognitive affects it has on children is no blip. Until you have been poisoned for 2 years, had your already depressed home value drop yet another 25% then you can speak. I have said it before but, once again, go fuck yourself.

http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/...art_river_home

Putting this one here. [[My sincerest #*wince*#.)

I do not know exact particulars. Ms. McDay is a high achiever who was tasked
    with helping to reform DWSD, a job no easier than being in the Army Corps of
    Engineers back in the day, installing the TVA. [[May she always remain a high
    achiever.)

More charges are being announced today at 11:30am.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    July 29, 2016
    Schuette, Flint Water Investigators to Announce Second Round of Criminal Charges

Friday, July 29, 2016 at 11:30 A.M.
    Attorney General Bill Schuette, Special Counsel Todd Flood and the Flint Water Investigative Team will announce criminal charges relating to the Flint Water Crisis.

Happenings Room at Harding-Mott University Center
    University of Michigan – Flint
    400 Mill St, Flint, MI 48503

Editor’s Note: Doors to Happenings Room open at 10 a.m. RSVP and onsite check-in will be required and media credentials must be shown to attend. The u-drive at Harding-Mott University Center will be available for satellite truck parking. Parking for media is available in the parking garage adjacent to the Harding-Mott University Center.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/new...rges/87699876/

Flint — Attorney General Bill Schuette on Friday filed charges against six state employees with misconduct in office charges related to their alleged roles in Flint’s water being contaminated with toxic lead.
    Genesee County Judge Nathaniel C. Perry III authorized charges Friday morning against three employees in the Department of Health and Human Services and three employees in the Department of Environmental Quality, including fired municipal water chief Liane Shekter Smith.
    ... more at link above

The buck stops where?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    The buck stops where?
    Although the 'blame stops here' is a reading of the phrase made popular by President Truman, the actual meaning is more nuanced.

see the always accurate wikipedia entry: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buck_passing

It was as a call to take responsible action rather than avoiding problems in the hope others would.

Although the 'blame stops here' is a reading of the phrase made popular by President Truman, the actual meaning is more nuanced.

see the always accurate wikipedia entry: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buck_passing

It was as a call to take responsible action rather than avoiding problems in the hope others would.
    I will repost, W.M: "Don't blame me, I'm just the governor."

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    The buck stops where?
    The bank accounts of your Governor's lawyers and PR firms...

Default Poisoned Water | NOVA

Total duration 54 minutes:
    What exactly went wrong in Flint—and what does it mean for the rest of the country? Available on YouTube for a limited time.
    Last edited by Jimaz; June-06-17 at 09:30 PM.

Published today:

Flint Water Crisis Caused a 'Horrifyingly Large' Increase in Miscarriages
    A new study on the Flint water crisis, co-authored by Dr. David Slusky, finds that fertility rates decreased by 12% and fetal death rates increased by 58% compared to other cities in Michigan
    They go into some detail about how they reached their conclusions.

The conclusions certainly seemed clear cut and horrifying
    but then there's this:

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/inde...art_river_home

I wouldn't want to be the one just expressing a generalized
    doubt about the study - say, that it needs to be peer reviewed.
    The matter is serious enough that if there was some doubt
    I would be very specific and emphatic about what the doubt
    was.
    Last edited by Dumpling; September-28-17 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumpling View Post
    The conclusions certainly seemed clear cut and horrifying
    but then there's this:

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/inde...art_river_home

I wouldn't want to be the one just expressing a generalized
    doubt about the study - say, that it needs to be peer reviewed.
    The matter is serious enough that if there was some doubt
    I would be very specific and emphatic about what the doubt
    was.
    Link repair: 'Serious concerns' about study claiming Flint water increased fetal deaths

Your link was accidentally bit by the DYes censorbot — not your fault.
    It contained the forbidden Yankee Underscore Tango trigraph.
    This problem can be circumvented by laundering the URL through TinyURL.com.
    Last edited by Jimaz; September-28-17 at 09:59 PM.

Thank you Jimaz for the good link to the article I wanted
    to send readers to.

If there were ONLY TWO research studies on the fertility and
    fetal problems, this one which showed significant problems,
    and one from within DHHS which showed NO problems, I would
    tend to agree with this one based on what has been previously
    learned in careful peer reviewed research. Peer review would
    certainly be welcome of course.

Most folks in Metropolitan Detroit don't really have a clue where their drinking water in their kitchen actually comes from.

http://ars.els-cdn.com/content/image...001731-gr1.jpg

Are you 100% positive you know......really.....remember systems are redundant, have loops and overlap..........

Perhaps you saw Keith Matheny's article in the Free Press on Friday ?
    http://bit.ly/OpenChannel

The truth is, they don't want you know exactly.
    Less chance for "issues"

Might want to scroll down through this document
    https://fas.org/sgp/crs/terror/RL32189.pdf
    Last edited by O3H; September-30-17 at 04:05 PM.

https://news.engin.umich.edu/2017/07...use-of-crisis/

The researchers found that the interior crust of some of the Flint lead service lines looked like "swiss cheese" after the corrosion occurred.
    Last edited by Dumpling; October-02-17 at 05:37 AM.

Ok, now let's work on getting his ass charged for lying under oath.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/new...ges/106354570/

Urban adviser: Snyder told of Legionnaires’ in 2015

Panel wants Snyder to explain disease comments

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/new...res/106558624/

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast