Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

^^^ "recovering from Coleman Young's North Korean-Maoist-Sovietesque dark ages..."

I think Coleman would laugh-out-loud at that, followed by one of his eh' colorful metaphors......!
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-21-15 at 02:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post

Harper Woods is already a canned ghetto hood. Neighborhood street crime is on the rise during the last 10 years. I remember 15 years ago I was walking Kelly Rd. to Eastland Mall for the first time. The business district was nice, beautiful and filled with white people. Now its getting messy, fewer storefronts are covered up and more middle class black folks move in the Harper Woods in accelerated numbers. Harper Woods is next victim of suburban white flight. Next to Oak Park, Southfield, Eastpointe and Lathrup Village. Grosse Pointe Woods, St Clair Shores. Roseville, Warren is next on the list by the next 20 years. Detroit is recovering from Coleman Young's North Korean-Maoist-Sovietesque dark ages, more black families are moving to the suburbs in greater numbers. Black flight will never end, its the beginning.

If black folks want to come back to Detroit 30 to 50 years later, it's going to be very hard to buy a home. New neighborhood sub-divisions and block clubs created by middle class white folks want them to show that they have a job, income and good credit points. Because they will not sell their home to anyone who is living on subsidized welfare checks and food stamps. A cheap cookie cutter subsidized welfare supported suburban home will do. So for all of you black folks who are still living in Detroit neighborhoods, keep your part of the area black. When you all leave your hood, gentrification comes in and you all will not come back.

Danny, you have such a way with words......

Quote Originally Posted by MicrosoftFan View Post
    I'm not talking about downtown, that area is making huge strides. I'm talking about your run of the mill Sherwood and Davison, Lynwood and Hubbell, or Junction and Vernor. We're seeing a ton of development in the Downtown and surrounding neighborhoods, and "what is happening in the neighborhoods" is being thrown around a lot, but what will the neighborhoods look like in 2030, 15 years from now?

I'm interested to hear your opinions.

Thanks,
    MicrosoftFan
    If you're going to try to list some random West side intersection at least get it right - the spelling of the road is LINWOOD, Linwood is not near Hubbell at all - Linwood runs parallel to Hubbell and they are about 3 to 4 miles apart. If you had said Linwood and Joy [[Western end of the Atkinson Avenue and Boston-Edison District and the Sacred Heart Seminary - those areas will rise), or Linwood and Fenkell [[Pilgrim Village - will continue to fall apart, unless U of D or Focus Hope invests in the neighborhood), you would have been okay.

In 2030 Detroit once ghetto hoods will become mostly white:

1.Gilberttown Detroit [[84%white)

2. Brush Park

3. Orleans Apts. and Condo Housing

4. Cass Corridor [[ with some diversity)

5. Woodbrige

6. Factory Districts south of Hamtramck

7. Most of New Center Area

8. Corktown [[ 68% white)

9. half of SW Detroit barrio hoods.

As for the rest of Black folks will still be dominate in most Detroit's ghetto hoods north of I-94 FWY west and Northwest of Grand River Ave. east of I-75 FWY. [[Lafayette Park area will still mostly black) about 72% unless housing polices from new owners change. About half of Detroit's black population will be the inner ring suburbs. Occupying near Detroit border cookie cutters and wood frame [[Hillbillly-esque) neighborhoods.

Half of SW Detroit barrio-hoods. Will be remain Hispanic, some of them will be moving further past Tireman and W.Warren streets to the west side [[What's left of it). Some to Dearborn [[ If the Arabs don't them out.). And some them will move to downriver suburbs From Lincoln Park to Southgate. They will their next goal.

By looking at Woodward and the M-1 light rail system. Woodward and its business district will be booming with people walking about.
    Last edited by Danny; October-22-15 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    My childhood home, 13960 Steel, just north of Schoolcraft, still survives, but thanks to Google street view, if I sat on the front porch today and looked across the street, this would be what I see.
    That's what happen if you let poor welfare folks and food stamp people into your neighborhood. You get an instant ghetto filled with hopeless people pacified on government subsidies. Detroit has been doing that practice since the 1930s By the 1960s it gotten worse.

Today Detroit land bank has an ideal. Let poor folks buy or squat an almost wrecked Detroit shack, fix 'em up, pay cheap taxes, go the housing counseling. by next year the home is all yours.

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    If you're going to try to list some random West side intersection at least get it right - the spelling of the road is LINWOOD, Linwood is not near Hubbell at all - Linwood runs parallel to Hubbell and they are about 3 to 4 miles apart. If you had said Linwood and Joy [[Western end of the Atkinson Avenue and Boston-Edison District and the Sacred Heart Seminary - those areas will rise), or Linwood and Fenkell [[Pilgrim Village - will continue to fall apart, unless U of D or Focus Hope invests in the neighborhood), you would have been okay.
    Oops, I mean Lyndon and Hubbell.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2