Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Man robs a bank, points a gun at a man while doing so, and gets a magazine unloaded into him.

Pretty straight-forward. This isn't about 11K, it's about someone threatening to kill you by pointing a weapon at you.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    Well yeah, he kinda did.... he emptied his magazine and IIRC that firearm has a a 10+1 capacity. He fired as many as 11 shots and only managed to wing the guy with three. He hit A LOT of something else....just luckily not other people.

aim center mass, squeeze the trigger....

yea, because, according to the reporting, the perp was fleeing when the citizen started blasting away, apparently with his eyes closed.
    Yes, center of mass would have been an improvement.

No no mug shots yet...hmmmmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    A dangerous thought. A lapse in morality. So quick to judge.

You may be right that his life will be complicated. Less clear is that his moral compass is broken.

There seems to be little in our sad media about what really happened. The News says:
    When I find myself on the receiving end of a bank robber's gun, I hope you aren't the only person around.
    I hope that either one of us is never part and parcel to any type of an armed robbery. I'm sure it's a terrible thing to experience. As far as I'm concerned, I have my share of foibles but drawing my weapon and pulling the trigger isn't one of them unless there is absolutely no other alternative available to me. It just isn't worth it to me to be a hero and try and save some bank $11000.00. Let the guy just take the money and I'll just go on about my business. If I injure or kill someone completely innocent by accident, I would have a way harder time living with that then turning my back when someone walks off with some financial institutions $11000.00, I really don't give a shit about that. If you feel that that is a lapse in morality, that's fine, you're entilited to your opinion, I think my morality is completely in check.

Once again, it's not about 11K. The robber pointed the gun at the citizen.

Shooting someone in the back is the sign of a coward. If this guy really had balls he would have drawn mono-a-mono. Clint, and all of the other gun fighters back in the day, would not approve.

Dood unloaded his clip and only hit on three of his shots.

Dood is damn lucky he didn't pin some innocent to the panel.

Welcome to the new normal. Sue both of them; send them both to the pookie.

Charlie Bronson is dead; there is no more Dead Wish.
    Last edited by Baselinepunk; September-24-15 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baselinepunk View Post
    Shooting someone in the back is the sign of a coward. If this guy really had balls he would have drawn mono-a-mono. Clint, and all of the other gun fighters back in the day, would not approve.

Dood unloaded his clip and only hit on three of his shots.

Dood is damn lucky he didn't pin some innocent to the panel.

Welcome to the new normal. Sue both of them; send them both to the pookie.

Charlie Bronson is dead; there is no more Dead Wish.
    There were no customers in the bank. No one gives a shit that the robber was shot while leaving [[note complete lack of protests). There are 5 felony charges against the robber. There are none against the citizen. If you want Normal turn on the news; there were another half dozen shootings in Detroit last night.

With the exception of this forum, the vast majority of people I've talked to just wish the guy had better aim.

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    Once again, it's not about 11K. The robber pointed the gun at the citizen.
    once again, the citizen didn't unload on the guy until the guy had turned to leave the building.... the threat was over. At that point is was ALL about 11k and being a vigilante.

and let me be clear... I'm fine with the outcome. Just noting the outcome could have been a lot different and it's the reason for the regime of laws that define when people can use deadly force and when they can't.
    Last edited by bailey; September-25-15 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gpwrangler View Post
    If you want Normal turn on the news; there were another half dozen shootings in Detroit last night.
    How is this one any different that most on the news when you really break it down? They are usually over money or disrespect or threats against someone. This one just comes with a smidgen of legal cover for the shooter.

I can think of very few things I care less about than some thugs shooting each other over who gets to sling what on which corner of the ghettohood or who "disrespected" whom. Why? Because I don't live there and it doesn't affect me.

I am a bit concerned that behind me at the bank..or the store...or the Starbucks is some senior citizen with a few hours of CPL training, an itchy trigger finger, and delusions of Charles Bronson dancing in his head just waiting to unload in the general direction of a petty thug making off with chump change.
    Last edited by bailey; September-25-15 at 07:56 AM.

I can think of very few things I care less about than some thugs shooting each other over who gets to sling what on which corner of the ghettohood or who "disrespected" whom. Why? Because I don't live there and it doesn't affect me.
    Exactly, Then how about letting us that do live there deal with it. We can post all the feel-good morality we want, but then there's the real world to deal with.

There were no customers in the bank. No one gives a shit that the robber was shot while leaving [[note complete lack of protests). There are 5 felony charges against the robber. There are none against the citizen. If you want Normal turn on the news; there were another half dozen shootings in Detroit last night.

With the exception of this forum, the vast majority of people I've talked to just wish the guy had better aim.
    I don't care about the guy who robbed the bank either, I know you're not supposed to rob banks. What I'm questioning is the call made on the part of the shooter. From what I've read I wouldn't have done it. Not saying I'm positive he made a mistake either. Just doesn't sound like something I would have done, for a few reasons.

Did I miss the part where this guy was turning to leave and shot in the back? All the coverage I've seen or read indicates that it was threatening robbery -- and that the robber was pointing a loaded gun at innocent clerks and customers.

Click on Detroit:
    As the teller turned to go get a banker to help Mann, Mann pulled out a handgun and pointed it at the teller. Mann then also pointed the gun at a customer who was in front of the teller and told him to put his hands up, according to the complaint.
    This has nothing to do with $11,000 -- which I agree would be worth letting go -- and everything to do with a dangerous person who was as likely as not to threaten or kill someone with the gun he was actively using in the commission of a crime.

Glad you agree, softie, that you're not supposed to rob banks. Do you also agree that you're not supposed to point a gun at people and threaten them?

Its perfectly OK for you to decide that an armed and dangerous person goes out into the world to potentially shoot someone as he flees, or then gets in a car and kills some kids while speeding home. Perhaps he'd kill someone else's kids, and not yours.

But back to my question... is there evidence that he was shot in the back?

"Did I miss the part where this guy was turning to leave and shot in the back?"

Yes, you did.

Reading is Fundamental; I highly suggest it.

You guys can piss and moan all you want. Only one person was charged with anything, and no one is protesting or rioting. Unless you know more than those at the scene it's not gonna make any difference.

"Unless you know more than those at the scene it's not gonna make any difference."

So sez the Cowboy who acts like he was there . . . . .

"
    Mann then also pointed the gun at a customer who was in front of the teller and told him to put his hands up, according to the complaint."

Wait --- What??

Cowboy said there were no customers in the bank.

"There were no customers in the bank."

Yikes -- Spin cycle set to overdrive .....
    Last edited by Baselinepunk; September-25-15 at 10:44 AM.

Oh come on, give the old fart the benefit of the doubt, he was just a little slow on the draw that's all.

Plus he did not shoot the bad man in the back. He did wing him pretty good.
    As for the number of hits and misses that seems to be average for the cops too.
    As far as I can tell the bad man made a couple of mistakes on this job.
    Ask the bad man if he had it to do all over again what he would change.
    Last edited by Dan Wesson; September-25-15 at 10:57 AM.

Robber's back was to the shooter as he was leaving when he was shot.

What's to say that shooter was aiming for the back and is such a bad shot he only hit him in the extremities?

Nope, to me -- shooter had poor grouping and couldn't handle the recoil as he went through his clip.

Popular thoughts are that shooter was a keen shot and was able to wound the robber. Some even contrast that the shooter has better aim than trained Fuzz.

What if my Mom was walking outside the bank when Hopalong Cassidy decided to take matters into his own hands, and got hit by that bullet that went through the window?

Would folks still be raising a statue of the shooter?

Folks -- when the next time happens, and some innocent gets winged or blasted, I hope y'all stay consistent in your messaging that this is a good thing.

Listen -- I will be the very last person to defend a criminal. But what I don't like is everyone singing the shooter's praises for his irresponsible gun play.

I own quite a bit of arsenal myself; and this shooter [[along with all of the Tea Bagger, open-carry gun fucks out there) gives us responsible gun owners bad press.

You wanna go shoot somebody?

How about hitting Syria -- plenty of targets over there. I'm sure they would be more than happy to oblige.
    Last edited by Baselinepunk; September-25-15 at 11:27 AM.

"Unless you know more than those at the scene it's not gonna make any difference."

So sez the Cowboy who acts like he was there . . . . .

"
    Mann then also pointed the gun at a customer who was in front of the teller and told him to put his hands up, according to the complaint."

Wait --- What??

Cowboy said there were no customers in the bank.

"There were no customers in the bank."

Yikes -- Spin cycle set to overdrive .....
    scoreboard: one person charged. No one injured.

My work here is done.

scoreboard: one person charged. No one injured.

My work here is done.
    Keeping score, are we?

Glad to see you've reduced this down to a game, now.

Ummmmm, robber was injured.

One person charged, so far . . . .

Be careful walking past any banks on your way back to the Ranch, Hoss.

Well yeah, he kinda did.... he emptied his magazine and IIRC that firearm has a a 10+1 capacity. He fired as many as 11 shots and only managed to wing the guy with three. He hit A LOT of something else....just luckily not other people.

aim center mass, squeeze the trigger....

yea, because, according to the reporting, the perp was fleeing when the citizen started blasting away, apparently with his eyes closed.

Smith & Wesson M&P Shield 9 mm, which hold eight rounds,not that it really matters but as many as 11 shots sounds much better and dramatic.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...layErrorView_Y

Short barrel 9 mm high kick.

It is easy to say aim center mass and squeeze until you are in that situation under stress and with seconds to make that decision,it takes a lot of practice and even at that,real world and what you see on TV are two different things.

From WEREPORTUM daily .... The robber had thought all was going to plan until he turned around pointing his AR15 loaded with depleted uranium deposit rounds at the old man in the wheelchair,it was at that point he noticed the twin Browning 30 caliber vintage WW2 machine guns mounted on each side of the wheelchair and at that point realized it was one of those days he should have just stayed in bed.

Police on scene are still counting the spent casings which is believed to be in excess of 5000. We will update as more information is received.
    Last edited by Richard; September-25-15 at 02:24 PM.

Keeping score, are we?

Glad to see you've reduced this down to a game, now.

Ummmmm, robber was injured.

One person charged, so far . . . .

Be careful walking past any banks on your way back to the Ranch, Hoss.
    Robber doesn't count.

If I was scared of anything I wouldn't have moved here. I'm all set.

DetroitBoy Guest

You guys can piss and moan all you want. Only one person was charged with anything, and no one is protesting or rioting. Unless you know more than those at the scene it's not gonna make any difference.
    Is there any more news coverage on who was charged? I can't find any new articles in the paper or on TV stations.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitBoy View Post
    Is there any more news coverage on who was charged? I can't find any new articles in the paper or on TV stations.
    http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/in...concealed.html

It's not real clear from the story but I wonder if the guy who was forced behind the counter is the same customer who ultimately shot the robber. There is a copy of the indictment in the story.
    Last edited by Gpwrangler; September-25-15 at 05:35 PM.

DetroitBoy Guest

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/in...concealed.html

It's not real clear from the story but I wonder if the guy who was forced behind the counter is the same customer who ultimately shot the robber. There is a copy of the indictment in the story.
    The guy who shot him came out of the bathroom when the robbery was in progress and had the gun pointed at him. Not much news coverage on this since it happened. Hope they let us know when he will get his commendation from the city. They really should have a parade for him. He's a real hero!

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitBoy View Post
    The guy who shot him came out of the bathroom when the robbery was in progress and had the gun pointed at him. Not much news coverage on this since it happened. Hope they let us know when he will get his commendation from the city. They really should have a parade for him. He's a real hero!
    Seriously, a parade?

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A parade [[also called march or marchpast) is a procession of people, usually organized along a street, often in costume, and often accompanied by marching bands, floats or sometimes large balloons. Parades are held for a wide range of reasons, but are usually celebrations of some kind.

Detroit Boy, you're probably correct in your thinking. My apologies.

I can only imagine what 8 or 9 rounds of 9mm +p HP's do to your unprotected ears in a bank lobby.

You got ringing and ear drum damage for sure.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast