Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Same Old Lions?

Quote Originally Posted by Downriviera View Post
    Exactly. And heres my BOLD ASS PREDICTION; Lions by 3. The Pack is realing with 2 straight losses. The Sunday Night Football commentators said the game against the Lions is the perfect cure. The Packers will buy into this, therefore this is a trap game for them. Lions are loose and have nothing to lose. Watch for Ziggy to be all over Rodgers. Winning at Lambo is our Superbowl. Go Martha! Go Lions!
    Good job Downriviera. Very astute solid prediction. Now I ask is this common? If so there is a town out in Nevada where you are going to have a lot of fun.

Glad they won there for the first time in 24 years, but they damn sure tried to give the game away, like they usually do. Next up the RAAAIIIDDDAASS !!

With the matches scheduled for Sunday and Thanksgiving back to back, that won't be much prep time between games. If the Lions should lose one game-- or both-- will the "feel good" momentum about the team stop? Will the "love fest" with Mrs. Ford abruptly fall apart?

Hiring a president who knows nothing about pro sports to run the Detroit Lions–oh yeah, that ought to work. What could possibly go wrong? Great national selection vetting, must have dusted-off Mayhew's draft methodology.

When the press conference attendees were asked if THEY could think of anyone more qualified to run this NFL team, each reporter pointed to another reporter.
    Last edited by Smirnoff; November-21-15 at 11:27 AM.

Could the Plant Manager from the Wayne Assembly Plant be the Lion's new GM?

Name:  2015-12-04 00.35.18.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  74.7 KB the way she goes, boys

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Seriously though. Sell the team. Move it to Los Angeles. Bulldoze Ford Field. And lets all try to forget there was ever a football team that existed here.

same old lions

I texted my son, who was at the game, at 9 when they went up 17-0.
    OK. How are we going to blow this one?
    Him back at game's end:
    Fuckin knew it
    As soon as the clock hit zero and Rogers was still standing
    Yep. Same old Lions. Who else could blow a 20-0 lead at home?

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Yep. Same old Lions. Who else could blow a 20-0 lead at home?
    The Lions will now be part of every future "The 10 Biggest Collapses in NFL History" sports program. I've followed the Lions for over 50 years, but I think this game convinced me to spend my time more constructively.

I didn't know that the Lions had a Thursday game. Oh well. I enjoyed The Wiz! anyway.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7