Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Thread: Same Old Lions?

Hybrid View

I fell asleep before this happened so I was spared the disappointment, frustration, and anger that would have likely made for a much less restful night.

And I'm glad for that.

The bottom line is that while this was a blatantly bad call, once again the Lions put themselves in the position of having a bad call impact them by having a poor performance on the field. I've seen multiple people out there say that they've now been affected by bad calls in 2 of their last 5 games, and isn't 40% just ridiculous?

Be that as it may, but let's look beyond the bad calls. In the Dallas game, they were up 20-7 midway through the third quarter. Between that and the bad call, Dallas scored on all three drives, and Detroit did absolutely nothing on their possessions. You stop them or match them on a score and the bad call might never happen or matter.

Last night, they scored exactly three points on offense for the entire game leading up to the final drive. I get that Seattle's defense is good, but if you score just one field goal throughout 52+ minutes of play, you deserve to lose. Gruden was making fun of them, calling their plays and predicting the outcome throughout the game. They do something...anything...on offense, and again, the non-call might be a non-issue.

And let's not forget that while Lions fans are outraged that this has happened two times in five games now, that the Lions not only did their part to lose those games, they blew another one. Up 21-3 against the Chargers going into halftime, you don't lose that game, but the Lions did and they didn't need any help to pull that one off.

It is true how teams consistently hire the 'opposite' coach as the one they fired. Caldwell just stands there passively no matter what, but I'm pretty sure that Schwartz would have died of a massive heart attack last night had he been on the sidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by sirrealone View Post
    I fell asleep before this happened so I was spared the disappointment, frustration, and anger that would have likely made for a much less restful night.

I'm pretty sure that Schwartz would have died of a massive heart attack last night had he been on the sidelines.
    I read this out loud during lunch break today at work. Well, it was off to the rodeo! The discussion switched to UM.

These first four games really seem like pre-season football. My guess is that they'll eek out a win here and there, probably go 4 and 6 rest of the way [[minus any analysis about this). But with so many divisional games left on the books... I will be watching. Go Lions!