Than again, if there is a massive mistrust of any media piped into one's domicile, I can sympathize.

We no longer live in an age where TV guides and printed scheduling of programming is readily available. This makes folks trust that the programming or information they get by internet or satellite or whatever means is as consistent and as objective as the same programming that someone the next block over gets. It's one thing to have an obvious time delay between DirecTV and an HD signal-interpreter antenna [[with different programming available), but what if you are not getting the same show as a person with the same provider? ...Bear with me it's a wild theory, but just as our lives become more sectioned off, isolated, and compartmentalized [[much like the cubicles at work, or better still, how social media and the internet is actually making folks more homebodies than outgoing social types), how can we trust what is fed to us media-wise [[barring radio, of course)? It would involve hacking to the extreme [[or at least programming options-we are unaware of-as a power wielded in high places), but even as I write this, I'm looking online and seeing a number of articles about hacking into one's TV signal, satellite signal, etc., and if not for the very least, to spy on someone to get an idea of their viewing habits. It would also be akin to the fantasies of films like "The Game" [[ugh), "Amelie" [[Ugh), the Ocean's films, and a whole bunch of spy and "what is reality" films [[one of such escapes me, but it is a fine example).

If-if-IF I were an entity that wanted to toy with someone I could get a peg on someone'e viewing habits. If I had the technology to pipe even the slightest suggestions [[as brought up by everyone from the Fortean Times to guys on DY) into someone's sleeping skull, I could create a bias or an inclination in them to think about some random out of the usual thing to pop into their head and stand out [[like Donald Duck and a feeling to sit down and watch TV at 6 in the evening), then I could cause a plumbing back-up to occur in the morning that would require a plunger. When 6p. rolls around, if I wasn't already aware of any objective broadcasts coming, I could hack in and create my own broadcast, so that when they turn on the TV, they see Donald Duck struggling with a dang plungerhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XshFNMiKZI0.

Which all sounds a lot like the "shrimp, plate, or plate of shrimp" discussion made in the car yard in the film "Repo Man"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ToUAkEF_d4, and seems more sinister like Philip K. Dick and less innocuous than the discussions of coincidental events made by the Subgenius or Arthur Koestler [[or the precog. dreamwork of J.W. Dunne).

This all could create bafflement, a feeling of creepy and overwhelming solipsism, or a delusionary trust in one's own "precognition" that they "have" [[at that point, one could then feed them any crazy series of foreboding events that stall up or route there life someway or even turn them into some crazed cult leader); either way, they'd seriously be questioning what is "reality" as more and more uncanny coincidences and serendipities start escalating. Why, hacking in the right media of someone susceptible enough could play up one's fears enough to think that some hopeless terrorist event or political trend involving Obama or Trump is formidable and the only way out is to take up arms and start shooting. There was an Avengers episode called "Death's Door" involving trance drugs and recreating De Ja Vu from one's one inseminated nightmares to make them feel as if things were leading up to a catastrophic event [[thus, preventing the signing of a Peace Treaty). Heck, there was even a MASH episode that had Hawkeye thinking he was the last one to avoid by all extremes of get pranked by his roommate as he "watched" everyone else get it [[which later became the similar plot to a stupid Robert Anton Wilson book).

Once again, all fantasy and speculation, but it would be creepy to think of a time down the line where every automated aspect of one's life [[your credit, your internet, the very thermostat on your house) is toyed with by sources you may not perceive or prevent in their devious endeavors