Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Crime and criminal justice industry in Detroit.

How massive is the economy based around the processing of suspects and convicts in Detroit?

Looking at the murder rate alone, the importance of resolving crimes of that nature must mean that the resources, and budgets allocated to finding the guilty are massive. If the Police must find suspects and charge them for every serious offence perpetrated in the city, the cost must be a very heavy one to bear. Any statistics on the size of the economic burden of crime on finances?
    Last edited by canuck; September-08-15 at 11:25 PM.

idk. I got the shit kicked out of my by the bus stop near rosa parks on friday. Didnt even see it coming. I second im standing there, the next second im getting stomped on. Got me for my wallet and phone. Police tried to take a report... like that would help anything.

Sorry to hear that, Rex.

I hope they didn't hurt you too bad. Was it one or more shitheads hit on you? I'm just glad you are alive.

I'm also very sad to hear that, Rex.

After my first major encounter with crime the hardest part was feeling a sense of fear when passing by people similar in age and appearance as the perp, at night. That was a lot of people. Fortunately that fear faded away. If anything the episode made me stronger person now. It's understandable if you feel any fear like I did. I hope you heal.

And I hear you about filing the police report. It's worth doing. But it was unproductive for me too.

In fact, it added insult to injury. We provided a detailed description of the guy who mugged us down to the color of his hat. Minutes later the police said they found and were holding someone matching the description. But it was nearly an hour before they finished the paperwork and other things they were doing at the crime scene. Then they drove us to id the suspect. They had him positioned with his legs spread and hands against the roof of a police car, surrounded by police, some of them with their guns drawn. We were Penn students, and this was on Walnut street, basically in the middle of campus. The sidewalks there are full of Penn students. And we immediately recognized he was a fellow student, and a friend of my girlfriend's. He was at least three inches taller than the description we provided, and was wearing the wrong color hat. They put down their guns and said he was free to move. He collapsed on the ground and cried.

I can't imagine what it did to him psychologically to be held like that, for so long, and in front of so many of his friends and fellow classmates. My girlfriend and I were of course the primary victims that night. But he was an innocent victim too.

I hope they find whoever did this to you, and take him/them off the streets. But most importantly, I hope you recover. Stay strong.
    Last edited by bust; September-09-15 at 10:30 PM.

It's mostly young black males with no daddies to take of them are doing the thug hoodie crimes in Detroit ghetto-hoods. When it's over from 50 cents to your expensive sunglasses. Folks will rob, shoot, kill and take for treasures. It's the great land piracy trend in Detroit. Only you have to do is be at the wrong place at the wrong time. It's all part on the crime industry in Detroit and the justice industry are waiting for more cops and hi tech security.

By the way, Detroit doesn't have a gang problem, it has a Trayvon Martin "Black Lives Matter" problem.
    Last edited by Danny; September-10-15 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rex View Post
    idk. I got the shit kicked out of my by the bus stop near rosa parks on friday. Didnt even see it coming. I second im standing there, the next second im getting stomped on. Got me for my wallet and phone. Police tried to take a report... like that would help anything.
    That really sucks, rex, I'm glad you made it, Ok. I guess it's just SSDD in the "D".

Sorry to hear that Rex. I hope you are okay.

Quote Originally Posted by rex View Post
    Yep, wrong place at the wrong time. A thug hoodie Trayvon Martin see its prey. Then you got your behind kicked and your treasure as a prize. Watch yourself while in the ghetto hoods in Detroit.

I got robbed at gunpoint by two young black male hoodlums. I wasn't scared! Only they have to do is pull the trigger and get it over with. Life in prison is better for them rather than living the civilized life.
    Last edited by Danny; September-10-15 at 12:15 PM.