Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Eminem Meets Nation of Islam Leader in Southfield

"The head of the Nation of Islam, Minister Louis Farrakhan, met politicians, pastors and a police chief during his visit to Detroit last week.

But it’s his unprecedented meeting with rapper Eminem over a 2 1/2-hour dinner in his Detroit hotel room that has garnered the most attention.

The leader of the Detroit-founded group was in Southfield and Detroit in recent weeks to talk about his plans for the 20th anniversary of the Million Man March with an event called Justice or Else.

In his meeting with Eminem on Aug. 25, Farrakhan talked about the responsibilities that stars like Eminem have toward society, “to influence people positively,” said Troy Muhammad, a student minister who heads the Detroit branch of the Nation of Islam.

“It was a beautiful discussion,” Muhammad said. “Eminem was engaged. His manager [[Paul Rosenberg) was engaged. It was a great time and experience.”
    http://www.freep.com/story/news/loca...tice/71645054/

Perhaps Eminem will convert to Islam and become more of a social activist. Nah, probably not.

Couple of DBs getting together to hang out and shoot the shit?

Sure, why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    ...snip...The leader of the Detroit-founded group was in Southfield and Detroit in recent weeks to talk about his plans for the 20th anniversary of the Million Man March with an event called Justice or Else.
    ...snip...
    "Justice or Else"

I presume that Mr. F will decide what 'justice' is? That would make a compelling case for 'else'.

The strategy of disregard for the opinions and thoughts of others from NOI & BLM is a mistake. It alienates. It destroys trust.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    "Justice or Else"

I presume that Mr. F will decide what 'justice' is? That would make a compelling case for 'else'.

The strategy of disregard for the opinions and thoughts of others from NOI & BLM is a mistake. It alienates. It destroys trust.
    I know, I know, I'm with you Wesley. What do these colored folk don't get? What you and I know is needed is a couple of more seasons and run ins with a newfangled iteration of Richard Milhaus Nixon to set things straight. In trust we trust Wes.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    I know, I know, I'm with you Wesley. What do these colored folk don't get? What you and I know is needed is a couple of more seasons and run ins with a newfangled iteration of Richard Milhaus Nixon to set things straight. In trust we trust Wes.
    Oh Dear Brother Canuck -- no need for Vulcan Mind Meld -- we are already one common consciousness.

Except that I do think [[in my all-knowing mind) that 'coloured folk' [[tip of hat to you, Canuck) do get it. At least one. Peggy Hubbard. Could there be more? Certainly not if you ask Obama or Jackson. No. She doesn't speak for us. The problem isn't us. The problem is you. You're racist. And we know because we decide who's racist. And we know it when we feel it. And you are it.

Meanwhile, Hubbards are multiplying. Enough in Detroit to elect a white boy. Are Hubbards a minority? Maybe.

Looks like some sort of a peace treaty against black nation of Islam and white people.

A Rosenberg and Farrakhan in the same room!?

OMG... could it be?

The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

Isaiah 11:6

^^^ Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

John 4:1 NKJV

Oh Dear Brother Canuck -- no need for Vulcan Mind Meld -- we are already one common consciousness.

Except that I do think [[in my all-knowing mind) that 'coloured folk' [[tip of hat to you, Canuck) do get it. At least one. Peggy Hubbard. Could there be more? Certainly not if you ask Obama or Jackson. No. She doesn't speak for us. The problem isn't us. The problem is you. You're racist. And we know because we decide who's racist. And we know it when we feel it. And you are it.

Meanwhile, Hubbards are multiplying. Enough in Detroit to elect a white boy. Are Hubbards a minority? Maybe.
    That's an interesting response. If people go out, black and white to disapprove of a police action, or actions in post Ferguson mode, is it via the automatic agency of NOI?
    If a Hubbard as you say, points in the right direction to you, then all is well and beyond scrutiny? There are many shades of grey in all of this. For instance, black Detroiters did vote in a white boy into office. Folks in Ferguson Mo didn't elect to have an 85% white force in an 85% black community.

African Americans are still viewed as an outlier in the political life of the US. A big part of the debate is about statistical probabilities tied to the Latino vote these last Presidential elections. Big Media promote the very opposite view you describe as a one common consciousness.

But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction. And many will follow their sensuality, and because of them the way of truth will be blasphemed. And in their greed they will exploit you with false words. Their condemnation from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep.

2 Peter 2:1-3

That's an interesting response. If people go out, black and white to disapprove of a police action, or actions in post Ferguson mode, is it via the automatic agency of NOI?
    If a Hubbard as you say, points in the right direction to you, then all is well and beyond scrutiny? There are many shades of grey in all of this. For instance, black Detroiters did vote in a white boy into office. Folks in Ferguson Mo didn't elect to have an 85% white force in an 85% black community.

African Americans are still viewed as an outlier in the political life of the US. A big part of the debate is about statistical probabilities tied to the Latino vote these last Presidential elections. Big Media promote the very opposite view you describe as a one common consciousness.
    Some nights, I'm offended by a non-empty bottle of wine.

NOI Agency: Not in the least. AFAIK, NOI has had nothing to do with this movement. Looks like they want to join in the party. Who want to let them in? The media [[because they like shiny objects) -- and perhaps the Democratic party [[loves attention on issues that unite the base).

Beyond Scutiny? No. And No. Its far too early to know if the upticks in crime stats are driven by criminals who think they can get away with just a little more trouble, or cops who agree with BLM and no longer sweat the small stuff.

The situation is most certainly gray, ahm, I mean grey. Police aren't elected. They have collective bargaining rights, and thus reflect the past -- not the current demographics.

Only time will tell here. But those who most loudly scream that there can't be a Ferguson Effect might miss something important about how we handle crime. From this debate, I've come to believe that racially-targeted police brutality is a reality -- and is a real problem for urban communities. We can believe that, and yet also believe that 'broken windows policing' helps communities -- and that the push for police to be a little kinder may be directionally correct -- but tosses the baby out with the bathwater. It just might also increase crime in our cities.

Default Farrakhan: We Must Rise Up and Kill Those Who Kill Us; Stalk Them and Kill Them

Last week, July 30, 2015, in Miami at Mt. Zion Baptist Church, Nation of Islam head Louis Farrakhan said he was looking for “10,000 fearless men” to “rise up and kill those who kill us; stalk them and kill them and let them feel the pain of death that we are feeling!”

Farrakhan said “I’m looking for 10,000 in the midst of a million. Ten thousand fearless men who say death is sweeter than continued life under tyranny. Death is sweeter than continuing to live and bury our children while the white folks give our killers hamburgers. Death is sweeter than watching us slaughter each other to the joy of a 400-year-old enemy. Death is sweeter. The Quran teaches persecution is worse than slaughter. Then it says retaliation is prescribed in matters of the slain. Retaliation is a prescription from God to calm the breasts of those whose children have been slain. So if the federal government won’t intercede in our affairs, then we must rise up and kill those who kill us; stalk them and kill them and let them feel the pain of death that we are felling"

What would Rev Martin Luther King feel about this kind of talk??

Name:  martin-luther-king-jr_on-foregiveness_thebridgewebsite-dot-com1.jpg
Views: 688
Size:  55.3 KB

Em gets some additional "street cred" and LF gets publicity and a free meal.

Quote Originally Posted by CassTechGrad View Post
    Last week, July 30, 2015, in Miami at Mt. Zion Baptist Church, Nation of Islam head Louis Farrakhan said he was looking for “10,000 fearless men” to “rise up and kill those who kill us; stalk them and kill them and let them feel the pain of death that we are feeling!”

Farrakhan said “I’m looking for 10,000 in the midst of a million. Ten thousand fearless men who say death is sweeter than continued life under tyranny. Death is sweeter than continuing to live and bury our children while the white folks give our killers hamburgers. Death is sweeter than watching us slaughter each other to the joy of a 400-year-old enemy. Death is sweeter. The Quran teaches persecution is worse than slaughter. Then it says retaliation is prescribed in matters of the slain. Retaliation is a prescription from God to calm the breasts of those whose children have been slain. So if the federal government won’t intercede in our affairs, then we must rise up and kill those who kill us; stalk them and kill them and let them feel the pain of death that we are felling"

This language is positively frightening.

This language is positively frightening.

I agree, it is frightening. It is subversive and it drags the muslim population of the US deeper into controversial territory. The Nation of Islam is, as religions go; just as loopy as the many iterations of Christian faith that my loud laffter can't dispel, sadly. I am not a big fan of Islam per se, but even less of the NOI with respect to lunacy.

Most people want to go about their business raising their kids, and getting the bigger bang for the buck a life in western democracies afford them. When nutballs like our friend Farrakhan step in to fuck things up, it not only directs a microscope onto undeserving suspects, it promotes violence among disenchanted religious youth, and all the dregs of humanity wanting to have their day in the proverbial spotlight of misdeeds; the Nobels of terror.

Either way, I am pumped by all the stoopid religion and faith related crap I hear these days. I am fed up with some of my friends' faith and belief heavy bullshit about esoteric craft like tarot and energy waves sent by sensitive souls to distant relatives. I usually shut up and put up, but recently I have begun telling it the way I see it. My bullshitmeter runs at 10 all the time...

My bullshitmeter runs at 10 all the time...
    Maybe you ought to have that checked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I know, it runs little bit too high. My knees are hurting too. Are they related?

I know, it runs little bit too high. My knees are hurting too. Are they related?
    Does it happen before it rains? My Father had that.

Does it happen before it rains? My Father had that.
    Before, during and NAFTA.

So were any 'discussions' or 'understanding' get released from this meeting?

I'm not sure, but I think a hyperactive bullshit meter might qualify you for a medical marijuana card.

Quote Originally Posted by CassTechGrad View Post

Name:  martin-luther-king-jr_on-foregiveness_thebridgewebsite-dot-com1.jpg
Views: 688
Size:  55.3 KB
    This is nothing new. I've heard Nation Of Islam followers talking like that back in the 1990s. They HATE white people. Lots of misogyny there as well. They're also batshit crazy-- at least all the ones I've ever encountered have been batshit crazy. I'm surprised Farrakhan wanted to meet with Eminem, given how much his organization hates white people.

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferL View Post
    This is nothing new. I've heard Nation Of Islam followers talking like that back in the 1990s. They HATE white people. Lots of misogyny there as well. They're also batshit crazy-- at least all the ones I've ever encountered have been batshit crazy. I'm surprised Farrakhan wanted to meet with Eminem, given how much his organization hates white people.
    Farrakhan has had an epiphany of sorts....

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post
    Farrakhan has had an epiphany of sorts....
    Hope he goes back to doing violin recitals.

Hope he goes back to doing violin recitals.
    The funny thing is Farakhan with his call to arms ain't doing nothing but getting all Old Testament for public consumption.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast