Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    My wife's racist, xenophobic, gender-role subscribing old grandmother really loves Trump! I wonder why...
    Does she sound like one of the black sisters for Donald Trump that's posting all kinds of videos on youtube?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUDrW0hVdGw
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfOgok0kcE0
    Last edited by davewindsor; August-31-15 at 10:17 AM.

I like this idea. If it keeps American guns and criminals out of my country, and the US government pays for the whole thing, what's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by davewindsor View Post
    Does she sound like one of the black sisters for Donald Trump that's posting all kinds of videos on youtube?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUDrW0hVdGw
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfOgok0kcE0
    At least they're telling the truth, something Trump neglects to do.

If something isn't done about Citizens United,all we are going to be getting in the future are dynastic show-people on stage spewing lies.

I live In Wisconsin. I don't think Walker is doing a good job for a variety of reasons. However, I can't find any quote about Walker building a fence the length of the Canadian border. What he said was ,“They raised some very legitimate concerns, including some law enforcement folks that brought that up to me at one of our town hall meetings about a week and a half ago. So that is a legitimate issue for us to look at”. I have read in the past that there was some illegal border crossings along an Indian reserve section of the border in the north east. I don't know if that has since been resolved. Also, some of the 9/11 bombers came across the Canadian border. Whether they did that illegally or just overstayed their visas, I don't remember. Given that, it isn't crazy to consider possible security risks emanating from Canada as we would with any other country. I recently crossed the border at Sault Ste. Marie and there were border checks on both sides of the border.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    I live In Wisconsin. I don't think Walker is doing a good job for a variety of reasons. However, I can't find any quote about Walker building a fence the length of the Canadian border. What he said was ,“They raised some very legitimate concerns, including some law enforcement folks that brought that up to me at one of our town hall meetings about a week and a half ago. So that is a legitimate issue for us to look at”. I have read in the past that there was some illegal border crossings along an Indian reserve section of the border in the north east. I don't know if that has since been resolved. Also, some of the 9/11 bombers came across the Canadian border. Whether they did that illegally or just overstayed their visas, I don't remember. Given that, it isn't crazy to consider possible security risks emanating from Canada as we would with any other country. I recently crossed the border at Sault Ste. Marie and there were border checks on both sides of the border.
    Although everyone from John McCain to Janet Napolitano have made these idiotic comments and then retracted them, not one 9-11 terrorist entered from Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    ... not one 9-11 terrorist entered from Canada.
    Although I seem to recall that some entered from Arizona, where they received some flight training but weren't too interested in learning how to land.

Soooo — let's wall off Arizona! I could support that.

I had a little fun this morning:

Too bad the GOP couldn't have scheduled their 2nd debate the week FOLLOWING the Pope's visit.

Jake Tapper: "Pope Francis said mankind should tear down walls, not build them. How do you answer him?"

Trump: "Tearing down walls is for weak people and weak countries. Weak countries cease to exist. We must be strong, not weak... I can build 95 story buildings, surely I can build a wall 20 feet high or higher and with 10 - 20 foot footings. I know how to build. NO ONE will get over, through or under a TRUMP WALL! " [[the crowd goes wild).

Walker: "The Pope knows that sin and ISIS are everywhere. We must be vigilant. We must protect our southern border, our northern border, our ports... I will build a 20 foot wall along our southern border and one along our northern border. " [[smattering of applause)

Jeb: "I don't take orders on public policy from Priests, bishops or even the Pope. Our party is a party will can protect our homeland. I would appoint Donald Trump as Sec. of Homeland Security and ask that on his first day he build the best border defense possible." [[crowd snickers)

Jake Tapper: "Mr. Trump, would you serve in a Jeb Bush administration?" [[crowd laughs)

Trump: "Won't happen. Jeb isn't getting the nomination, let lone defeating Hillary Clinton. He's at five percent in the polls." [[crowd laughs)
    Last edited by emu steve; September-01-15 at 05:04 PM.

The man is a jackass, once owned and now about to be rejected by even the Kochs.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Although everyone from John McCain to Janet Napolitano have made these idiotic comments and then retracted them, not one 9-11 terrorist entered from Canada.
    I looked that up and you are correct. No 9/11 terrorists came from Canada. There was a guy who was arrested getting off a ferry from British Columbia planning unrelated terrorist activities at the LA airport.

Well, building a 10 million ft wide fence won't cut it. Canuckyland and Youessistan need to check our Facebook pages, period.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    I looked that up and you are correct. No 9/11 terrorists came from Canada. There was a guy who was arrested getting off a ferry from British Columbia planning unrelated terrorist activities at the LA airport.
    He wasn't just coming with a 'plan', he came with a real bomb. It was fortunately detected at the Canadian Border, not at LAX.

Border security is a very valid issue. The US and Canada have different standards for immigration and asylum. After 9/11, there was a push to synchronize between US & Canada -- but it didn't happen. If I recall, Canada decided that the US was being too strict. Maybe they're right. But regardless the fact today on the ground is that Canada does control their borders to US standards... and thus border controls such as fences [[and everything else) is a valid issue.

Building a wall between us and Canada is completely absurd and not possible.

There are no floods of bad guys, dead-enders or evil doers coming over that boarder.

Walker is providing red meat without any real motivation to get a wall built.

It will never, ever happen. Too expensive and time/resource consuming for any benefits those costs would reap.

This type of talk is just to get the usual idiots out there frothy, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by emu steve View Post
    I read where someone wrote that Walker's style in Wisconsin was to out conservative his GOP opponents. He just keep moving further and further to the right.

Good luck on that one. The right flank of today's GOP is pretty far right...
    And currently, Hillary is widely views as heading left. Both parties are deserting the middle's fertile ground -- and Mr. Trump will soon see if his garden can grow in the middle.

But back to the thread...

Improving border security is a legitimate issue. I think its a very bad idea. But its is not irrational. You may have noticed wall-building in many other places. Israel of course. But more recently in much of Europe. See: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ep-people-out/

or see... wherein you should consider that they have [[mostly) had a political discussion, and decided to proceed. So why would a US/Canada or US/Mexico wall be a problem. Oh, and we have a wall along the border already in places. Its really just a decision to significantly extend it.

Name:  zz_imrs.php.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  137.2 KB
    Last edited by Wesley Mouch; April-22-16 at 05:00 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2