Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by emu steve View Post
    There are probably some doubting Thomases [[here) who say "I won't believe it unless I put my finger on the up button [[of the elevator) and it takes me to the top floor which is finished like new."

I remember posting in one of these threads probably last year that the next 10 years [[say 2014 -2024) would be much greater than the past 10 years which was better than the previous 10 years.

I believe I was saying that downtown Detroit had turned the corner and had real momentum. Some argued that point.

That is certainly true. One by one buildings are coming back.

I still like the term: "Detroit 2.0" Detroit is really rebooting and coming back post the 2008 crash and the municipal bankruptcy.
    Its always prudent to be a bit skeptical of development announcements in Detroit; certainly over the years so many things have been announced that went nowhere. However, Mr. Gilbert is not one to drop 30 million without a real game plan. This one will be interesting to follow, for sure.

Given the choice between new construction on the Hudson's block and a rehab of the Book buildings, I'd opt for the latter in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    Its always prudent to be a bit skeptical of development announcements in Detroit; certainly over the years so many things have been announced that went nowhere. However, Mr. Gilbert is not one to drop 30 million without a real game plan. This one will be interesting to follow, for sure.

Given the choice between new construction on the Hudson's block and a rehab of the Book buildings, I'd opt for the latter in a heartbeat.
    I hear you, but in the past there wasn't a whole lot of reason to move quickly and spend a ton of money with soft demand for commercial and residential space.

Now the dynamics are completely different.

Downtown is absorbing commercial and residential space as it is added to the inventory.