Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Would I make a point by changing my moniker to 'signal'?
    It would only improve upon your current moniker!

Posted with a friendly smile, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    How witty and original!

And you still haven't made a point.
    Attacking someone that doesn't agree with you and repeating the same false claim over and over aren't witty nor original.

Certainly. I'm not even sure we disagree. I'm just uncertain the point of the posts. As I made reference, similar comments took place in regards to Meijer and Whole Foods opening here and have done little to close either store. We all know crime is an issue. That said, it may not be a show-stopping issue with this endeavor, as it wasn't with Meijer or Whole Foods.
    Excellent point. Crime is just a risk factor to business, when managed and mitigated it is just another equation in a business plan. Individually humans rarely view issues with objectivity, emotions cloud the way.
    Last edited by ABetterDetroit; September-01-15 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Towne Cluber View Post
    Attacking someone that doesn't agree with you and repeating the same false claim over and over aren't witty nor original.
    Good thing I haven't done any of that.

How many times can I say I don't even know if I disagree with you? You haven't made a point.

Quote Originally Posted by bust View Post
    Towne Cluber, Honky Tonk, or anyone else with an answer: Where would someone who stole a bike share bike sell it, and how much would they get? This is a sincere question. ...snip...
    Sincere answer: They'd get at least enough to buy a one of those airplane-size bottles of booze. And that's enough.

Addicts don't do cost-benefit calculations. They do stupid stuff.

Yeah, I hope it works out.

I also hope that DPD and WSU have the monies for this extra policing activity, seeing that there are other places law enforcement could be enforcing laws.

Will the bike company re-reimburse law enforcement for acting like their own personal security staff when their assets are compromised?

Why should the taxpayer be on the hook for police to chase down thieves of these bikes? What's in it for us taxpayers that will not be using those bikes but paying for their protection?

Is the WSU police department funded in any way by student tuition?

Good thing I haven't done any of that.

How many times can I say I don't even know if I disagree with you? You haven't made a point.
    If "I haven't made a point", how can you say that you don't know if you disagree with me?

Whew! Good thing you don't keeping repeating yourself! I'd hate to see what would happen if you did...

If "I haven't made a point", how can you say that you don't know if you disagree with me?

Whew! Good thing you don't keeping repeating yourself! I'd hate to see what would happen if you did...
    Why don't youse tell each other to go fly a bike?

Is that a serious question? It answers itself.

The most simpleminded of trolls tend to be the most ferocious in response here. Feel free to continue your misunderstanding, your ranting, and your persecution complex, Cloober.
    Last edited by noise; September-02-15 at 12:12 PM.

Is that a serious question? It answers itself.
    Congratulations, we finally agree!

Influencing a silly troll of admitting their question was stupid is nothing worth celebrating, unfortunately.

Influencing a silly troll of admitting their question was stupid is nothing worth celebrating, unfortunately.
    Again, good thing you don't attack people that disagree with you!

I'll save you the time of repeating yourself once again...

"Good thing I haven't done any of that."

Again, good thing you don't attack people that disagree with you!

I'll save you the time of repeating yourself once again...

"Good thing I haven't done any of that."
    I suppose the bar I've set for an "attack" is significantly higher than yours, Cloober.

Help me out here: what do we disagree on again?

I suppose the bar I've set for an "attack" is significantly higher than yours, Cloober.

I see that you've been profiled...

http://www.theonion.com/article/loca...-internet-2500

[[No doubt that you won't have a sense of humor about it)

Why don't youse tell one another to ride a kite?

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Why don't youse tell one another to ride a kite?
    You forgot to add "eh?" @ the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    You forgot to add "eh?" @ the end.
    I promise to next time HT. Thanks!
    I just hope I didn't break their stride. This was getting to be pretty interesting.

A pretty positive article on Detroit as a bike touring destination from Montreal french newspaper La Presse. Maybe a bit of candy to francophilephones like Corktownyuppie.

http://www.lapresse.ca/voyage/destin...bike-city-.php

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Control of crime and finances is also a sign of a progressive City. But strewing cheap bikes about is probably a lot easier and maybe cheaper.
    Because in your mind, these are apparently mutually exclusive?

They do this in Tampa,bikes are painted a neon pink or green,they drop them off at corner if you need one hop on and ride when you are done you just leave it there for the next guy or gal.

They look silly enough where if it is outside of the limits you know it does not belong,but the concept seems to work.

good thing the scrap metal law was changed

Quote Originally Posted by rex View Post
    good thing the scrap metal law was changed
    That has helped like night and day here,to bad so many thick heads up there cannot grasp that concept.

The price here is now $3.50 a #100 shred now so it has put a huge damper on the scrapping,you cannot give the stuff away,one would have to haul in #200 lbs just to buy a rock.

That is my biggest worry or fear up there though,I found a warehouse as a jumping off point,and it becomes a question if it will be burned or scrapped in the transition period.

Downtown Detroit Partnership announces partnership with Henry Ford Health System/Health Alliance Plan and City of Detroit on bike share system

Today the Downtown Detroit Partnership [[DDP) announced its partnership with Henry Ford Health System/Health Alliance Plan [[Henry Ford/HAP) and the City of Detroit’s Department of Transportation [[DDOT) on Detroit’s first public bike share system.

As the title sponsor of the system, Henry Ford/HAP has pledged a three full year financial commitment to help launch and operate the bike share system. DDOT has collaborated with DDP to secure federal grant funding, which will be used to purchase the bike share stations. Additionally, DDOT is working with DDP to secure an equipment provider and operator for the system.

“I am thrilled to announce these major partners,” said Lisa Nuszkowski, Executive Director of Detroit Bike Share at DDP. “The overall level of interest and support in bringing bike share to Detroit has been incredibly encouraging, and we’re looking forward to exploring how we can use this new transportation option to connect Detroiters to economic opportunity and increase the number of choices people have to get around
    http://downtowndetroit.org/downtown-...-share-system/

https://www.youtube.com/user/HoldenTwinzTV

Here ya go, would it be like this?
    Last edited by Hermod; November-16-15 at 07:22 PM.

Detroit Bike Share is seeking input on locating stations.

http://altaprojects.net/detroit-bikeshare/

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast