Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitBoy View Post
    19346 Sorrento St, Detroit, MI 48235
    http://goo.gl/maps/zg9ZK

There is an article from the late 80s saying she wasn't maintaining the property. Today, the place looks kind of ghetto while the rest of the houses around it are nice and well kept. Not sure she still owns this house or not.

Thx for pics. I thought it was Sorrento. That house had a attached 2 car garage, unheard of for most homes in that area.

This was discussed two years ago, and there is a update in the Free Press today to the effect that she still wants to open a club, and is in fact moving back to the city:

http://www.freep.com/story/news/colu...own/574810001/

"I'm interested in doing a small nightclub downtown, and he [[Bruce Schwartz, Detroit relocation ambassador for Bedrock Real Estate Services) and I have been talking about this for a couple of years now...," she said. "In my retirement plan, I'd like to have a small club here in Detroit."
    Regarding the move, this is quite interesting:

As for the move, she didn't disclose the location of her new residence, which she said was undergoing extensive renovations. But she said she's getting ready for the return to the city where she grew up.
    The already is a Detroit residence and its undergoing renovations?!?!
    Last edited by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast; August-17-17 at 12:18 PM.

My dream for years has been the creation of the Aretha Franklin Theater in the old U/A. It sounds like she wants a smaller space, so probably not ideal, unfortunately.

As for her residence, I think she would not likely be moving downtown, even to one of the penthouses at the Book-Cadillac. While they might otherwise suit her, I think she in well-known for being afraid of heights. So I assume she's renovating an old mansion somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    This was discussed two years ago, and there is a update in the Free Press today to the effect that she still wants to open a club, and is in fact moving back to the city:

http://www.freep.com/story/news/colu...own/574810001/

Regarding the move, this is quite interesting:

The already is a Detroit residence and its undergoing renovations?!?!
    The already Detroit residence in on Hamilton near the Detroit Golf Club. I am working on the exact address. I hope of the contractors working on the house got the money up front.

Quote Originally Posted by p69rrh51 View Post
    The already Detroit residence in on Hamilton near the Detroit Golf Club. I am working on the exact address. I hope of the contractors working on the house got the money up front.
    I think you're thinking of Anita, not Aretha.

Aretha Franklin has owned 18261 Hamilton Road since 1993. She purchased it from Patricia Hill Burnett who had lived on Hamilton many years.

To my knowledge, Aretha never lived in the house for very long and had a caretaker stay there.

I may be wrong but didn't she have part ownership in Club Taboo back in the day?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2