Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Was it Saturday or Sunday? Woodside Troy, mothership of Woodside Detroit brought their Troy campus to Detroit on Sunday for evening services and they meet at the at the high school next to Old Miami. Lots of Asians in Troy so that could be part of it.

Also Sy Thai always has a large Asian presence because it's one of the only "casual fast" food options in Midtown. And downright delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by deeman View Post
    We hit La Feria in Midtown [[Cass & Willis) this weekend. Food was decent and I like the small plates concept but the food needed a bit more flavor.
    La Feria uses minimally processed product, i.e. not enhanced with a solution of ????, and the spicing is as I remember from visits to Spain...enhancing the food, not overwhelming. The grilled fresh sardines, ah, heaven. Simple preparation. And the house made Sangria....best in town!

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Thank you gnome for your unadulterated "Good Humor". Speaking of which: How was the I scream?
    Me screamed over my selection of locally sourced smoked carp and Mrs. Gnome became unhinged by her gluten-free lactose-free flavor-free sorbet on a sugar cone.

i would return in a hot minute for whatever they have to offer. Treat Dreams? Someone mentioned their name above, yup. Good stuff.

oh, and Asian Free too.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Me screamed over my selection of locally sourced smoked carp and Mrs. Gnome became unhinged by her gluten-free lactose-free flavor-free sorbet on a sugar cone.

i would return in a hot minute for whatever they have to offer. Treat Dreams? Someone mentioned their name above, yup. Good stuff.

oh, and Asian Free too.
    Yes, sounds delightful. Did you positively identify the carp as non-Asian though?

Damn Asian carp. Now, the thread finally makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Damn Asian carp. Now, the thread finally makes sense.
    Or maybe it occidentally [[sic) turned Oriental.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Or maybe it occidentally [[sic) turned Oriental.
    Maybe after they hit Lake Michigan they'll become disoriented?

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Maybe after they hit Lake Michigan they'll become disoriented?
    I get your drift.

Who says they won't end up carping about the chow at the bottom of the lake...

In the 50s, there used to be quite a commercial carp fishery in the Fisher Bay and Goose Bay sections of the St Clair Flats. In the spring, the mother ship and the towboat would come down the Snibora towing small outboards and barges loaded with nets. They had driven a couple of piles at the edge of the Doty where it entered into Goose Bay. They would stay there till the fall, then you would see them towing everything back up the Sni.

On July 31, there were a lot of Asian families on Woodward by the Opera House watching their kids get "white coated" while entering Wayne State med School. I saw Vietnamese women in ao dai and Indian women in saris. Lot of diversity in the med school class.

To the OP, it's an invastion. Haven't you seen "Red Dawn?"

Is that the correct answer?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2