Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Tigers are 0-7 this year when JV started......at 32/he's done.

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    Tigers are 0-7 this year when JV started......at 32/he's done.
    Wow. JV has had an injury racked season, but only God knows how the rest of this season or next will turn out. He isn't like Miggy, the closest think to a sure thing.

IMHO, 50 - 50% he has a good 2016.

the tigers suck
    JVs contract was a huge mistake.

Looks like the Tigers are trying to get starting pitcher, Leake, from Cincy.

Guess he would replace Greene who has been... [[I won't post what most people think).

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/ml...eake/30787443/

Quote Originally Posted by emu steve View Post
    Looks like the Tigers are trying to get starting pitcher, Leake, from Cincy.

Guess he would replace Greene who has been... [[I won't post what most people think).

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/ml...eake/30787443/
    Just stupid, the team needs more than that including bullpen help and someone to fill in for miggy. They need to trade and re-group for next year.

Price's last line as a Tiger - 5 runs over 6 innings. Bye Bye.

Wow. This team is in a total meltdown phase, falling to 4th behind the White Sox after tonight's Rays batting practice. It is difficult to see them trying to compete this year. There seems to be no chemistry. They can hit but they can't string hits together. The pitcher pitch great innings then suddenly get lit up big time.

Watching Neftali Feliz is giving me flashbacks of Dontrelle Willis.

I don't understand how a team with such good talent is playing so poorly now.

The bull pen is a mess and we have only a couple reliable starters, but our two reliable starters are struggling recently [[too).

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Price's last line as a Tiger - 5 runs over 6 innings. Bye Bye.
    Sad.

These July deals are 'fire sales' [[by teams fearing losing a player after the season) and rarely getting fair return.

We got Price cheap. The Nationals yesterday got Papelbon cheap. Lot of teams in the last week have been getting good players very cheap.

Someone will get Price cheap. What we get in return might be a minor league pitcher potential #3 or #2 starter for an all-star. Not a good deal. No joy in mudville. x 4

Losing Price and maybe Cespedes is no way to build a team. It would set the team back years...

I can see us struggling next year. Attendance falling to say 2.5M. Definitely not what Mike Ilitch wants.
    Last edited by emu steve; July-29-15 at 04:19 AM.

Verlander and Tampa Bay's Archer throwing strike outs like crazy. Eleven [[combined) after three innings!!!

Hope this suggests Verlander is rounding into form this season [[and for next season, as well).

http://espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=350729130

Sad.

These July deals are 'fire sales' [[by teams fearing losing a player after the season) and rarely getting fair return.

We got Price cheap. The Nationals yesterday got Papelbon cheap. Lot of teams in the last week have been getting good players very cheap.

Someone will get Price cheap. What we get in return might be a minor league pitcher potential #3 or #2 starter for an all-star. Not a good deal. No joy in mudville. x 4

Losing Price and maybe Cespedes is no way to build a team. It would set the team back years...

I can see us struggling next year. Attendance falling to say 2.5M. Definitely not what Mike Ilitch wants.

The haul that Cincy got for Cueto [[a good starter, but a rental, and not in Price's league) was certainly not a "fire sale."
    The Tigers could trade Price, Cespedes, Soria and Davis, for a boatload of good young players and prospects. Mix those new players with JD, Iglesias, VMart, McCann, Miggy, Gose, Sanchez, and Verlander, and I like our chances for 2016 and beyond.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/13...ents-available

Looks like Price and maybe more might be gone.

Shame. If these players like Detroit, they should TELL their agents: Get me the best deal you can with Detroit. Like Cespedes has gone from Oak to Bos to Det to ? in what 24 months.

What kind of life is that???? Rich? Yes. Happy? No?

Who wants to live knowing they are possibly being traded like a baseball card at the end of July.

Like I had a career and when I 'found a home' I stayed put. I didn't go looking for a promotion and a new job.

I don't understand how a team with such good talent is playing so poorly now.
    It's called: MANAGER

Avila, Davis, & Simon need to find a new home, immediately....throw-in Albaturky as a sweetener to any deal, free!

Shame. If these players like Detroit, they should TELL their agents: Get me the best deal you can with Detroit. Like Cespedes has gone from Oak to Bos to Det to ? in what 24 months.

Who wants to live knowing they are possibly being traded like a baseball card at the end of July.

Like I had a career and when I 'found a home' I stayed put. I didn't go looking for a promotion and a new job.
    Such is the life of a professional athlete. I'm quite sure that Yo will be able to sleep well tonight, despite the fact that his multi-millionaire paychecks over the next few years will come from a team based in the Bronx, Toronto, or LA, rather than Detroit.

You're kidding right? This is what all these guys live for. Free agent time. He picks where he wants to play long-term and coincidentally, that is usually the place that offers $1 more than anyone else. In the off-season he returns to his mansion in his home state [[or in the case of Cuban refugees-Florida.)

Default Price to Jays "Imminent"

Just heard this on Fan590 Toronto -David Price is about to be traded to the Blue Jays for Daniel Norris, a left-hander who is ready to pitch in the majors and Anthony Alford, a 21 yr. old center fielder in A ball. This is being reported by Jon Paul Morosi and Ken Rosenthall, both of Foxsports.

Just heard this on Fan590 Toronto -David Price is about to be traded to the Blue Jays for Daniel Norris, a left-hander who is ready to pitch in the majors and Anthony Alford, a 21 yr. old center fielder in A ball. This is being reported by Jon Paul Morosi and Ken Rosenthall, both of Foxsports.
    Yesterday [[I think) I said we needed a #4 pitcher [[to replace Greene) and a reliever.

We got the #4 pitcher. Now we need a #1 and a reliever.

I guess we'll need to look for a #1 this winter.

So we're losing our excellent starting pitchers and the Lions lost their excellent defensive tackles.

While Detroit is making a nice comeback, our marque pro sports are regressing.

I do like what we got from TOR:

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2015?list=tor

Apparently secondary pieces are still changing. Alford is off the table and it will be pitcher Matt Boyd and one other pitcher. This is a high price for Jays to pay for a rental since Price has stated he wants to go south and to the NL where he can hit when he signs long-term.

Apparently secondary pieces are still changing. Alford is off the table and it will be pitcher Matt Boyd and one other pitcher. This is a high price for Jays to pay for a rental since Price has stated he wants to go south and to the NL where he can hit when he signs long-term.
    Nationals???? So he and Scherzer can be 1A and 1B [[in some order).

Maybe they can feel guilty and send Fister back to us.

No Fister. No Scherzer. No Price. I just lost my appetite. I guess coffee will do for lunch.
    Last edited by emu steve; July-30-15 at 12:16 PM.

Maybe they can feel guilty and send Fister back to us.
    Fister has been pretty bad this year, and he doesn't strike anybody out. Had we kept Robbie Ray [[who has looked really good in Arizona) instead of trading him for Shane Greene, the Fister deal would have actually been looking pretty good right now. Oh well.

The recent trades to Toronto and Pittsburgh show that Dombroski and the Tigers have given up on the current crop of mediocre pitchers in their farm system.

Quote Originally Posted by sirrealone View Post
    Fister has been pretty bad this year, and he doesn't strike anybody out. Had we kept Robbie Ray [[who has looked really good in Arizona) instead of trading him for Shane Greene, the Fister deal would have actually been looking pretty good right now. Oh well.
    Yeah, totally agree. To me, ultimately getting rid of Ray was the most puzzling piece of the whole Fister deal. Ray didn't pitch well in limited time with the Tigers last year but so what, neither did Scherzer initially after being acquired. Oh well is right... I do like the fact that Norris appears to have some moxie...

Get ready for the the next five to ten years of misery for Detroit Tigers. More losses, more booing and lose of corporate sponsors and tv rights. Thanks a lot DUMBrowski! You're career is over! And take those little league bull pen pitching coaches with you.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast