At least one Republican isn't afraid of embracing pork-barrel politics

https://youtu.be/EaZGaJrd3x8

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    At least one Republican isn't afraid of embracing pork-barrel politics

https://youtu.be/EaZGaJrd3x8
    I see. SMH.

Another debate. Geez, these things never stop:

Default A Bad Lip Reading of The Republican Debate

The potential Republican candidates weigh in on a variety of issues.

Come on, wake up people! There's a presidential campaign going on.

Links to the CNN Republican Debate:
    Under Card [[featuring Lindsay Graham, Bobby Jindal, George Ptaki, and Rick Santorum):
    http://www.uspresidentialelectionnew...blican-debate/

Main Event [[featuring Jeb Bush, Ben Carson, Chris Christie, Ted Cruz, Carly Fiorini, Mike Huckabee, John Kasich, Rand Paul, Marco Rubio, Donald Trump, and Scott Walker):
    http://www.uspresidentialelectionnew...blican-debate/

I wish there was a way to store all that hot air. We could turn down our thermostats this winter.

Grumpy Trump is still leading the polls over every candidate Republican and Democrat. I know someone who would be his running mate. Someone that would get African Americans attention to return to the Republican Party.

No its a lady, Trump don't like women that much.

No it's not Hispanic or Mexicans. Trump hates Hispanics and Mexicans!

Someone from Detroit, MI. did a medical breakthrough of separating Siamese twin boys from their brains.
    Last edited by Danny; September-17-15 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Grumpy Trump is still leading the polls over every candidate Republican and Democrat. I know someone who would be his running mate. Someone that would get African Americans attention to return to the Republican Party.

No its a lady, Trump don't like women that much.

No it's not Hispanic or Mexicans. Trump hates Hispanics and Mexicans!

Someone from Detroit, MI. did a medical breakthrough of separating Siamese twin boys from their brains.
    Like Fox News has separated its viewers from their brains?

First there were 17, now there are 15. Uh oh, we lost a couple of contenders, yaw'l. We lost Rick Perry a couple of weeks ago and we lost Scott Walker today. R.I.P. to their campaigns, may they never be resurrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    First there were 17, now there are 15. Uh oh, we lost a couple of contenders, yaw'l. We lost Rick Perry a couple of weeks ago and we lost Scott Walker today. R.I.P. to their campaigns, may they never be resurrected.
    Happy that walker is out of contention for the presidency, but sad that he's running the state I live in. After seeing what he's doing to our state park system, I was really worried what he would have attempted to do to the national park system. As far as I'm concerned, he can R.I.H.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    I am pretty happy with those dоuchecanoes being jettisoned.

Quote Originally Posted by townonenorth View Post
    Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement

I am pretty happy with those dоuchecanoes being jettisoned.
    My first thought was that ......canoes referred to the grounded fleet of duck tour vehicles in Seattle

Oct 13th is the first Democratic Debate. I almost never watch these but I might this year for Bernie.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/10/politi...ate-time-date/

CNN's coverage of the first Democratic presidential debate of the 2016 election cycle will kickoff at 8:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, October 13, from Las Vegas. You can watch it on CNN or at CNNgo.
    Sheryl Crow is slated to perform the National Anthem.
    Ugh, I'll make sure to skip that part.

I'll definitely be watching. This will be a very entertaining debate, although no where near as entertaining as the Republican debates. Still, I'm sure there will be some popcorn moments. The one good thing about only five people being at the debate, each person will have an adequate amount of time to answer questions and to actually debate each other.

For those of you who missed the fun and excitement, here's your first Democratic primary debate:

http://www.uspresidentialelectionnew...cratic-debate/

Hillary Clinton was widely praised for performance.
    Bernie Sanders was critiqued as holding his own.
    Martin O'Malley and Jim Webb were basically extras.
    Lincoln Chafee's only notable moment was when he said that he voted to repeal Glass-Steagall because he was new to the senate and his father had just passed away.

Please view and make judgments for yourself.

First there were 6, now there are only 5. We lost another one. Jim Webb has decided to end his campaign for the Democrat nomination for president.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/1...ing-out-214952

Now we are left with 15 Republican challengers and 5 Democrat challengers. Good luck to these 20 men and women and may the best of the lot entertain us to the end.

Wow, they're dropping like flies now. We just lost Lincoln Chafee on the Democratic side. Let's wish him well back into private life. No need to come back and try again [[not even in 2020 or 2024).

The Dem field is looking pretty small now with only these 4 candidates:
    Hillary Clinton
    Bernie Sanders
    Martin O'Malley
    Lawrence Lessig

Reps:
    Donald Trump
    Ben Carson
    Carly Fiorina
    Ted Cruz
    Marco Rubio
    Jeb Bush
    Mike Huckabee
    John Kasich
    Rand Paul
    Chris Christie
    Lindsey Graham
    Bobby Jindal
    Rick Santorum
    George Pataki
    Jim Gilmore

Green:
    Jill Stein

Please people don't forget to check out Stephen Colbert's segment on the Democratic Debate. Also check out SNL's skit on the Democratic Debate.

The Late Show with Stephen Colbert: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AciwXaRfh3k
    SNL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfmwGAd1L-o

Just heard on the radio that Jebby is in financial trouble. Maybe he will drop out next.

I've watched every debate so far and they all, Republican and Democrat, were clown shows. On the Republican side, Trump and Carson are the only two with a chance. Trumps issue is that he says a lot of things that people agree with, he just doesn't say them in a way that is acceptable to many people. Carson lacks experience, but is a very smart man. The lack of political experience will hurt. The rest of the Republican field has already lost. On the Dems side we have Hillary and Sanders. A plus for Bernie is that he isn't a flip flopper and can honestly say that he has had the same views for decades, but a lot of what he is promising the people are just talking points and very few things can or will happen. Hillary is only here because of her name. She has too many skeletons haunting her to beat Sanders in the primary. My opinion. Sanders and Carson will be the presidential nominees.

Well past skeletons! There's ravens 'bout to burst out of that closet!!

Quote Originally Posted by jerrytimes View Post
    She [Hillary]has too many skeletons haunting her to beat Sanders in the primary.
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-26-15 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Well past skeletons! There's ravens 'bout to burst out of that closet!!
    You don't have a "I'm Ready For Hillary" sticker on your vehicle that appear to be so popular with the ladies? Being nondenominational, I'm not sure who to vote for. I do know I sure don't feel comfortable with Hillary @ the wheel.

^^^ Ah-hah! Nope. I'm not feeling gender bound or inspired to cast that vote. Ignoring or denying all I'd have to - to do so.

Have long dispensed with popularity, as I've not been very conventional in my voting for decades.
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-27-15 at 06:46 PM.

I'm not a fan of either Republican forerunners [[no surprise there). Trump is just a joke of a "worse cop" to distract everyone and make any other "bad cop" Republican hopeful look decent by comparison [[unless, as South Park predicts, folks keep buying into the joke and we all get stuck with him).

Carson bothers me. He already has some confused notions [[with poor critical comparatives to boot) on things. I'm also getting sick of folks assuming and second-guessing how history would've gone down if certain conditions they agree with had occurred or if they had been calling the shots.

Yet, despite Colbert's attacks on Trump and Carson's teenage moody "stabbiness"http://www.ew.com/article/2015/10/29...past-late-show, I'm going to agree with Trump about Carson's faith a little bit...except, I do know a bit about Seventh-Day Adventists. They were born out of the Great Disappointment of William Miller's self-important and highly esoteric calculations [[making two separate endtimes dates) of apocalyptic conditions "to be met" versus accepting common scriptural injunctions that "even the angels in heaven don't know the end of the world" [[let such "spiritual arrogance" serve as a warning to some and such "privileged" esotericism to be an even more sublime and encompassing warning to a larger group of folks be they Christians, New Age, or otherwise.). The damage done to those folks [[and all those near them) in the mid-1800's was huge.

Now, they are a faith with an exclusive attitude towards themselves. This "Remnant" "True Church" self-image is precisely why the larger body of Christians will not [[justly) recognize them as a Christian organization, as it is they [[the Adventists) who first initiate and create the exclusive and spiritually arrogant lines of divide. Like many such groups, they also put heavy emphasis on O.T. ordinances of man. Areas of diet, holidays, etc. that St. Paul makes clear should not be brought into question [[Romans 14 and Colossians 2 for example), they make strong issues. While I may respect their personal take on diet, they, unfortunately, go beyond that and sanctify it as a doctrine to enforce on others.

I've seen much 7th-Day Adventist literature, and a lot of it is very anti-Catholic, and comes up with wild and strained systems of numerology to prove why the pope is the anti-Christ. If some folks feared Kennedy's election as President was going to bring the Vatican right into the oval office [[which it didn't), should Catholics-conservative or not-question how fair he will be towards them in the recent, popular, and formidable climate directed against them?

It does not surprise me that he is drawing attraction from the Religious Right. Topics that seemed to define the very rigid sectarian and seperationalist attitude of the Religious Right oddly disappear when closely scrutinized. The Catholics were kept at bay by the Religious right for their "post-millennial" views. Yet, gathering votes from other post-millenial groups far more conservative [[like many Lutherans) was never a problem. In fact, many of the biggest supporters within the Religious Right [[like John Rousas Rushdoony or Gary North) were post-millenial Reconstructionalists who support such heavy O.T. notions like Capitol Punishment, seperatism from non-Christian faiths within government, and the need for a temple in Jerusalem. Even Religious Right spokesmen I saw on CNN supported Romney's views on abortion [[saying he'd eventually would come around to being anti-abortion). So, it was never about the issues they claim, it's about the Catholic views on poverty alleviation, anti-capitol punishment, race, and assortment of other righteous views that rubbed them bad politically-not doctrine. He may be a man of science, but if pressed on the right issues, I'm sure Carson has some strange views on Creation [[as I found with folks who worked at a blood laboratory I worked at-some theorizing "the devil put those dinosaur bones there to cause confusion"), if not in other areas.

Personally, I've encountered 7th-Day Adventists. They are similar to Jehovah's Witnesses. They are separatists with a "we're the True Church and the hell with everyone else". I was in Battle Creek [[big for Eugenic trumpeter Kellogg) where 7th-Day Adventists hold huge sway. Not ironically, charity was most pitifully represented there. You will know them by their fruits.....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast