• Trump, Donald [[R)

0 0%
  • Walker, Scott [[R)

0 0%
  • Other

3 11.54%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

***BOMBSHELL NEWS ALERT***

Last night, one of the all time greats has fallen. Jeb Bush, son of a president, and brother of another president, gracefully bowed out of the presidential race. He came in like a lion, but left out like a lamb. Everyone, please give an enthusiastic round of boos for Jeb Bush as he makes his way out of the race.

We are now left with a manageable 7 major candidates left in the race. The big issue now is, one of those 7 is Donald Trump. Could Trump really become the 45th president? The odds are looking greater and greater in his favor.

Well that's one down! Now let's see the next wobbling bowling pin will finally fall. What a selection. What a mess of an election!

Local:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/21/us.../jeb-bush.html
    http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016...mpaign-n522831

From Across The Pond:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...stay-race.html

I still say Trump is not as popular and as formidable as the press makes him out to be. At first he and Carson were having every little error exploited in the media-complete with nostril shots [[maybe to just defuse our critical scrutiny of them early and then replace them with a more benevolent image).

If it comes down to Hiliary and Trump, I have to wonder if being in once close proximity to the Clintons made Trump privy to something rather dark that he's been sitting on and then up and decided that with his money, he can barrel into a campaign to challenge her. This bombshell revelation that he's been sitting on may be something he can release within the last month's stretch of the election and ruin her and insure his chances of getting into the White House. Just speculation, but scary nonetheless.

I also say it is crucial to look at any of the running partners these guys grab.

If a corporation can be a person, why not elect a country as president?

Vote for Canada for president! <ding!>

Last edited by Jimaz; February-21-16 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by G-DDT View Post
    I still say Trump is not as popular and as formidable as the press makes him out to be. At first he and Carson were having every little error exploited in the media-complete with nostril shots [[maybe to just defuse our critical scrutiny of them early and then replace them with a more benevolent image).

If it comes down to Hiliary and Trump, I have to wonder if being in once close proximity to the Clintons made Trump privy to something rather dark that he's been sitting on and then up and decided that with his money, he can barrel into a campaign to challenge her. This bombshell revelation that he's been sitting on may be something he can release within the last month's stretch of the election and ruin her and insure his chances of getting into the White House. Just speculation, but scary nonetheless.

I also say it is crucial to look at any of the running partners these guys grab.
    I still get mail and catalogs for my one son's Theological bookstore business. He tells me to throw the Christian Book Distributor ones away, but if you look at them you get a good idea where a lot of Evangelical's trains of thought are heading. They would always have some books every election pumping Bush, McCain, or Romney. The press keeps saying Trump has a 3rd of Evangelical support, but the latest catalog that came doesn't have one book dedicated to him [[or Cruz), but they do have one dedicated to Carson, and he's a 7th Day Adventist.

I still find it amazing that a presidential nominee is decided by a few small mostly rural states like Iowa, NH, SC and Nevada. Meanwhile the remaining 95% of the country get no say. It would be like closing the polls in the general election before NY, Texas, Florida, California, etc. get to vote because one of the candidates has a big lead. Totally insane system you guys have.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    I still find it amazing that a presidential nominee is decided by a few small mostly rural states like Iowa, NH, SC and Nevada. Meanwhile the remaining 95% of the country get no say. It would be like closing the polls in the general election before NY, Texas, Florida, California, etc. get to vote because one of the candidates has a big lead. Totally insane system you guys have.
    I hear what you are saying but at least the states you mentioned are very different from each other in other ways; croupiers, blacks, hispanics, farm interests, retirees all differ. By population, I think Nevada has the highest percentage of urban residents in the Country. California and New York are one party states but perhaps there is some advantage in honing the message before entering heavily populated states. My gripe is that come Super Tuesday, only the best financed candidates have a chance competing. Super Tuesday will catapult the best financed candidates. Super Tuesday might do in Bernie and wipe out all but about three Republican candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    I hear what you are saying but at least the states you mentioned are very different from each other in other ways; croupiers, blacks, hispanics, farm interests, retirees all differ. By population, I think Nevada has the highest percentage of urban residents in the Country. California and New York are one party states but perhaps there is some advantage in honing the message before entering heavily populated states. My gripe is that come Super Tuesday, only the best financed candidates have a chance competing. Super Tuesday will catapult the best financed candidates. Super Tuesday might do in Bernie and wipe out all but about three Republican candidates.
    The problem is that people are frontrunners and will now vote for Trump because these few states have already convinced them he's a winner and it's now okay to vote for him. Meanwhile legitimate candidates are forced to drop out early. I don't understand your point about one party states. The primary is to decide who should win within the parties.

Super Tuesday might do in Bernie
    Bernie already said he is staying in until the convention.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    I don't understand your point about one party states. The primary is to decide who should win within the parties.
    California and New York elect Democratic presidential candidates going back to something like Mondale.

Pam, I think its a good idea for Grandpa Sanders to hang on even if he gets way behind in the delegate count. Who knows, Hillary's cough and/or double vision could take a turn for the worse or she could be indicted between now and the convention. I just don't see where his campaign will have the deep pockets to be able to compete on Super Tuesday.

The problem in Nevada shows clearlyhttp://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2...r-poll-workers. What a more fitting collection of the garish mentalities that would support Biff Tannen, er, I mean, Trump.

I refuse to admit someone like Trump is as popular as folk's make him seem. The only way he could win, is if he stole the election [[wouldn't be first time). Yeah, the Presidency seemed a right joke after Nixon and continued with actors in various political positions and all through Bush, but I would like to think most Left-minded types still try to push to improve things [[the improvement instinct is a sure, genuine, and patience mechanism in us all that we should never ignore, and it can be nurtured to measure us not by how much better we can be compared to others, but better than what we once were.). However, I really think a large portion of conservative, covertly racist Americans went nuts-completely lost their sh*t-after Obama's election and are fully convinced that we've been on a collision course with the sun ever-since. Wow! talk about an alarmist racist insanity holding sway. This is where panic and anxiety truly throws the masses into a hell of far-flung insanity.

Is society so far off base and so lost of any objectivity that common sense seems too wordy and boring for them? Does a loud, bullying phony who doesn't hide it seem to fall into folk's predetermined expectations of what a figurehead should be? The same folk's who've given up on tolerance and peace, the same folks who thrive on a merciless animalistic momentum in any situation-just because it gets them laid. Who live by a Family Guy-fed stereotype perspective on the world at large? The same folks who want to drag the world into an obliterative abyss shrilly screaming and partying all the way down.....pathetic. just simply pathetic.

Other countries have expressed absolute contempt for him, so that would be of no benefit for us.

Yet, some media outlets are actually making him out to be some media darling for his [[Hitler-like) starkness and persevere [[obsessive vindictiveness). One Politico talking head gushed to the point of orgasm just how great Trump handled the lights cutting out during a rally. As I've never seen Colbert as infallible, he already is changing his tune because a.) he thinks it's all amusing. b.) Trump gives him an endless amount of material to work with-making the perfect collusion. c.) he may know that Trump may run a chance of destroying the GOP and will never stand a chance against Hiliary. In any case, I'm starting to lost much respect for Colbert.

I refuse to be in a horse-blindered state that keeps me in a Petrie-dish where I am felt to be paralyzed at watching this atrocity unfold [[I let that happen to me that whole horrible last decade). It's too unrealistic, and I choose to disbelieve the illusion. It fails to contain and control me with it's anxiety-induction.

On the other hand, it doesn't hurt to take up a second language as a contingency.
    Last edited by G-DDT; February-25-16 at 04:45 PM.

I'm sure there are many artistic sophisticates in society's little sub-cultures who laugh at me wasting my breath. They were the kind that felt Hitler's first appointments to position as no big deal back when, and felt it would be business as usually, the same noise, and would have no lasting effects that would ever reach them, or cause many intellectuals and artists to flee, or change history forever. Their cockiness and exclusive incestuous detachment from the rest of the world made them blind and allowed this to happen.

Tomorrow's the day, don't forget to vote.

Donald "Hitler" Trump and Hillary Clinton got Michigan Primary votes in the bag.

Name:  IMG_pgwlon.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  95.7 KB Well, Danny, you were half right.

You're sleep deprived, driving home from the store, and a sickening thought hits you. You look it up online, and the sickening manifests itself.
    http://fox6now.com/2016/04/25/scott-...-future-holds/

As a resident of Wisconsin, I can testify that Walker is a crook. He cuts the U of Wisconsin budget and then makes up high paying state jobs for his buddies. Walker is also virulently anti-union. He is however a distant relation of the Bush family as in George Walker Bush. Maybe such a move would be intended to bring in some Bush family establishment support.

I will still maintain the position that our elections are rigged and the public sentiment heavily manipulated and swayed. Also, I believe Trump was always there to make "the other guy" look good [[like a preposterous "worse cop" to make the always intended "bad cop" you have to deal with be the only "reasonable option" there is), and the "other guy" is Ted Cruz.

What is scary is Cruz is the type to try and turn the clock back on a lot of things to uglier times. He has ugly influences and beliefs behind him. https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/...p-and-ted-cruzI warned about the great investment put into domionism and the dispensational scenario-to reclaim the Middle East for Israel, to rebuild a Temple to "fulfill" prophecy as it applies to the Anti-Christ and a "Messiah" who "dwells in Temples made of human hands" [[very anti-scriptural), and put things under the rule-not of men that are to be questioned-but under the "unquestioned hand of God".http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...e-messiah.html

In that field, Reconstructionists are the worse. http://www.patheos.com/blogs/franksc...for-president/Now Catholics were pushed away by the Religious Right and guys like Tim Lahaye for being "post-millenialists" that didn't share their beliefs on eschatology. Yet, neither did Reconstructionists. So, what endeared them moreso to the Religious Right enough to let members of them be on Lahaye's Council of National Policy? Because, unlike Catholics and their genuine Christian beliefs [[and failed attempt at a church-state long ago-lesson learned there), Reconstructionists want church and government to be the same, and they want it to be a church government that says other faiths will not get the same charitable treatment.

Worse still, unlike Catholics, Reconstructionists [[like fellow Council of National policy member Robertson and D. James Kennedy) hold onto a strong capitol punishment belief that is very Levitican Old Testament; therefor, thieves, blasphemers, adulterers, and even bratty kids get publicly executed for all to see.http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/R.J._Rushdoony and the other unflatteringhttp://americanloons.blogspot.com/20...ary-north.html.

As for the Council of National Policy-look at thishttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counci...ational_Policy, you see everyone from Amway to the Unification Church [[even when most Christians by the mid-70's knew they were a rotten cult, Falwell and Lahaye were taking money from a man claiming to be the "unquestioned Messiah") are involved. For it never has to do with whose is gay or whose not, who is Christian or who is not. It is about who is genuinely following old time-honored abiding tenants in their faith and being diversely charitable and inclusive [[be they Mennonite, Catholic, Orthodox, Muslim, or even tribal groups like Gypsies and Native American Indians-this pretty much sums up the atrocity of history when you see who the victims and the victimizers really are here.); for those are the very persons targeted by these perversely rich and control-frenzied "good men" [[up to no good), because such older elements of genuine faith stand in their ugly way of attaining full domination of everything. http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php...ational_Policy andhttp://www.nationalreview.com/articl...rivate-meeting.

It may all seems inconsequential and far-fetched from our remote standpoint, but look at the anti-Islamic sentiment [[not to mention heavily conservative power-brokering) that is escalating worldwide, look at who Cruz is compared to Trump, consider who is in the background supporting these forerunners, and at least, see if you can find one garage sale or neighborhood booksale where not one of Lahaye's scriptural fracturing New York Times Bestseller pieces of bumf [[to be used on your "left behind" as my brother wisecracks) isn't peering back up at you.

Therein lies some tenaciously persistent subtle influences pushing political processes back into some backwards notions.
    Last edited by G-DDT; April-29-16 at 02:52 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5