Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

[QUOTE=Wesley Mouch;482178]
    Quote Originally Posted by beachboy View Post
    “Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them.” ― Barry M. Goldwater [4][/quote]
    Sure, I agree. So vote the bums out.

Oh, and can you please explain exactly how the gay rights lobby is any different? They can't and won't compromise on what they see as their rights, do they? Civil Unions? HELL NO! We want marriage! Sorry, none of my pizza for your wedding, guys. Death and firebomb. Thank you for compromising.
    All worked up like this just cause gay people want to marry each other the same as straight people do.
    I think about the only horrendous thing that will come out of marriage equality is a gay wedding or two will get shot up by some bigot spewing hate like this. I hope I'm wrong, and it will be a sad day, but it will only make the public more sympathetic to gays and less to the burn-in-hell crowd.
    Death and firebomb. Christ, what an asshole!

[QUOTE=KJ5;482198]
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post

All worked up like this just cause gay people want to marry each other the same as straight people do.
    I think about the only horrendous thing that will come out of marriage equality is a gay wedding or two will get shot up by some bigot spewing hate like this. I hope I'm wrong, and it will be a sad day, but it will only make the public more sympathetic to gays and less to the burn-in-hell crowd.
    Death and firebomb. Christ, what an asshole!
    I was not posting against gay marriage. I just attended the gay marriage of close friends. I was pointing out that intolerance from the pro-gay movement is every bit as uncompromising as from the right.

The right believes in personal liberty and freedom of association. Those are some of what they won't compromise on. The ability to make pizza, sell it, and decide not to associate with homosexuals. Its a pathetic discrimination they are making, but I defend their right to make it. Its their freedom of association -- and its not a public accommodation to cater a wedding. Its a private contract. If they closed their restaurant to gays, that would be public accommodation. To be forced to associate with a lifestyle they don't endorse is a constitutional right. Even stupid bigots get constitutional rights.

From the 2 responses to my post, I think my point that the left is intolerant is proven.

Mouch out.

"I just attended the gay marriage of close friends."

Yeah, sure -- riiiiiiight.

Is that after you dropped your African-American friend off at the store?

Or before you helped out your Asian-American neighbor unload their groceries from their car?

Maybe it was right after you hired a Mexican-American worker?

You're all the same -- I bet you tell black jokes because it's alright cuz you have black friends or have a black relative, right?

[QUOTE=Wesley Mouch;482205]
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ5 View Post
    I was not posting against gay marriage. I just attended the gay marriage of close friends. I was pointing out that intolerance from the pro-gay movement is every bit as uncompromising as from the right.

The right believes in personal liberty and freedom of association. Those are some of what they won't compromise on. The ability to make pizza, sell it, and decide not to associate with homosexuals. Its a pathetic discrimination they are making, but I defend their right to make it. Its their freedom of association -- and its not a public accommodation to cater a wedding. Its a private contract. If they closed their restaurant to gays, that would be public accommodation. To be forced to associate with a lifestyle they don't endorse is a constitutional right. Even stupid bigots get constitutional rights.

From the 2 responses to my post, I think my point that the left is intolerant is proven.

Mouch out.
    Ignorance is forgivable, but the stupid willfully ignorant derp you keep posting is not. I am intolerant to lies, not opinions. what you posted are lies.

Stupid bigots have a constitutional right to be stupid bigots. What they don't have a right to is to violate state and federal nondiscrimination laws when they VOLUNTARILY enter the stream of commerce. When you open a for profit business that sells goods or services to the public, you agree to play by the rules. Some states prohibit discriminating against gay people when they come into your business or hire you to do some service.

As I've said, here in Michigan you can't hang a "White's Only" sign on the front door...which somehow doesn't bother anyone, but you CAN hang a No Faggots sign....so, you're safe here in this little slice of retrograde bigotry heaven to kick those uppty fags down a few pegs should they darken your doorstep.

And why is that still legal to do here? because when a Republican State rep proposed changing the to include gay people in our elliot larson act, he was primaried out of his job by the chirstianists in his district.

What you have a problem with is public accommodations and nondiscrimination laws....you're 50 years late to that party.
    Last edited by bailey; June-26-15 at 08:37 AM.