Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

^^^^

Not our car, ours is sitting in my garage. When did this accident occur and do you know any details.

^^^^

Not our car, ours is sitting in my garage. The car hit was a 1940 pickup truck. Same color red though.

Quote Originally Posted by pkbroch View Post
    ^^^^

Not our car, ours is sitting in my garage. The car hit was a 1940 pickup truck. Same color red though.
    You can park it in my garage so it can be really safe ...

^^^^

Not our car, ours is sitting in my garage. When did this accident occur and do you know any details.
    http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/...14_semi_t.html

It was a '42; makes it even worse. Can't be many war cars left.

^^^^

That's what the first reports said, but I would recognize the bottom of that motor anywhere. Could probably assemble one with my eyes closed. It was a freshly restored '42 Lincoln.
    Last edited by Gpwrangler; September-26-15 at 07:33 AM.

Default Behind the scenes - Cars : Mad Max : Fury Road

The only Ford in my life [[all Chevy family), 23 +vehicles, was a 63 wagon.
    Pulled into a warm shop with key, that vehicle saw a little bit of action.
    Last edited by Bigb23; October-09-15 at 11:51 PM.

Out of the the crap that is on cable I like gas monkey the best.
    Even though the guy in kounts kustoms apparintly grew up in Royal Oak. Creds to Woodward. But I hate the seconds devoted to the acual work done per episode.
    Gas monkey shows the acual hands on crap that has to be done to a classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    Out of the the crap that is on cable I like gas monkey the best.
    Even though the guy in kounts kustoms apparintly grew up in Royal Oak. Creds to Woodward. But I hate the seconds devoted to the acual work done per episode.
    Gas monkey shows the acual hands on crap that has to be done to a classic.
    Lots of money being thrown at some of these cars. I'll take an original flathead Ford any day.

What happened to the detyes guy from Bay City who had the 32 A model with a flat head rat rod?
    I would like to follow him.

If you really want to know about classic cars you should take the time to meet Terry Ernest, a friend of mine from my days of owning a photo lab in Corvallis, OR. Yes, I'm an ex-East Detroiter who moved to Nyack, NY first and photographed classics for Vintage Cars of Nyack for a while, then moved to Oregon so it was interesting to run into Terry who lives in Port Huron and is President of the National Association of Automobiles and is a fellow photo lab owner himself [[our connection). Terry owns a number of classics himself. Visiting my dad a few years back I thought he'd enjoy a visit to see some of Terry's cars also so I took him up. We had a great time. Here's the link to the association Terry is President of- NAAM. He also heads up the Wills Sainte Claire Automobile Museum in Marysville. Here's a few of his cars-
    Name:  020_Class5-3rd_TerryErnest_1932-54-5PT-Big.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  129.7 KB
    Name:  1931 Model 41 LeBaron Club Sedan.JPG
Views: 163
Size:  93.6 KB
    He also had a 1924 American LaFrance Fire Engine which was funny in that to include his wife in 'period' parades he had to have her in a Dalmatian costume!

The Pierce Arrow and other pre war cars like the Packard were just sexy cars,like a work of art ,hands down.

The red Pierce photo reminds me of the first day I worked in a body shop,no experience and the shop owner handed me a bar of lead and a torch and said go fill those dents in that Pierce sitting over there.I recently sold a crate of Pierce parts that I found in the dump,quite pricey these days.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3