Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

If Fox where the only news outlet guilty of serving an agenda, to a specific demographic, we'd be in great shape. They are not.

Further, not every conservative or independent voice is even welcomed on Fox. Fox is just as cliquish, having their favorite talking heads as is the case with the other news outlets.

Sometimes they even get it right on certain stories. The SPIN machine is going full tilt on this story from the far left and right. No doubt.

And there will be more overlap as some news will be hard to ignore by either major party network.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    Sadly and not unexpectedly, the bottom feeders at Fox "News" are desperately trying to spin this as an "attack on faith" and not the racist, terrorist attack that it was.

I guess there is no limit to the depths that Fox will not sink, in order to pander to their demographic.
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-19-15 at 06:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    Sadly and not unexpectedly, the bottom feeders at Fox "News" are desperately trying to spin this as an "attack on faith" and not the racist, terrorist attack that it was.

I guess there is no limit to the depths that Fox will not sink, in order to pander to their demographic.
    If Fox where the only news outlet guilty of serving an agenda, to a specific demographic, we'd be in great shape. They are not.
    That's no excuse.

Further, not every conservative or independent voice is even welcomed on Fox. Fox is just as cliquish, having their favorite talking heads as is the case with the other news outlets.
    That's still no excuse.

Sometimes they even get it right on certain stories. The SPIN machine is going full tilt on this story from the far left and right. No doubt.
    I see a pattern forming here. Why does Fox news always seem to need so much more excusing than everyone else?

It might not matter anymore: Fox News as we know it may be screwed: Roger Ailes’ stunning rebuke could spell the end.

Name:  warnings.jpg
Views: 484
Size:  81.2 KB

And in all the smoke and the mirrors, the fast track authority, TPA, has been passed.

International trade pacts, TPP, TTIP, etc...here we come!

Quote Originally Posted by det313grrl View Post
    Name:  warnings.jpg
Views: 484
Size:  81.2 KB

And in all the smoke and the mirrors, the fast track authority, TPA, has been passed.

International trade pacts, TPP, TTIP, etc...here we come!
    We know for a fact that he used a gun. You're just speculating that he was on medication, without any proof. Maybe instead of guns or a toxic culture of white racism that prevails in South Carolina, let's blame Big Pharma! If that doesn't stick, let's blame violent video games!

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    But does the actions of a few identify an entire race?

Ask American Muslims that question. Conservatives in America seem to have no problem villifying entire groups of people [[Muslims, blacks, Hispanic immigrants) based on the misdeeds of a fraction of those populations.

But therein lies the double standard. A Muslims shoots up a Church? He's a TERRORIST! Islam is a religion of violence! A black man shoots up a white church? He's a violent THUG animal and a gang banger! A product of a violent inner-city black culture of rap music and gang violence and welfare! A white man shoots up a black church? He's mentally ill! It's not his fault! It was the pills! He was a slow, troubled youth!

You and people like you make me sick.
    Last edited by aj3647; June-19-15 at 09:15 AM.

We know for a fact that he used a gun. You're just speculating that he was on medication, without any proof. Maybe instead of guns or a toxic culture of white racism that prevails in South Carolina, let's blame Big Pharma!

aj, I made that assumption before it was verified. Suboxone, that's a new one on the list.

[[you might want to use the spell check...vilifying)

Quote Originally Posted by det313grrl View Post
    aj, I made that assumption before it was verified. Suboxone, that's a new one on the list.

[[you might want to use the spell check...vilifying)
    Where did you get your pharmacology degree from?

http://fox8.com/2015/06/19/suboxone-...oting-suspect/

Was Roof using this drug before the shootings and could it have contributed to his violent acts? There is no new information now that Roof obtained or used the drug after his February arrest. As for contributing to violence, experts say that is unlikely.

“There is no specific research showing that this specific medication has been linked to aggression,” said Bisaga. “In fact, when used properly this medication would stabilize people who otherwise would irritable, such as heroin addicts undergoing withdrawal and feeling anxious and irritable.”

“It’s not associated with violence or aggression,” said Gupta. “The only thing is that if you’re withdrawing from some of these types of drugs, that can cause a state of agitation. I have not seen someone withdrawing from Suboxone, but I have seen people who are withdrawing from alcohol, and that’s far more severe.”
    Hey, maybe he liked to eat at McDonalds too, OMG MCDONALDS CAUSES MASS MURDER. Who needs actual evidence or proof before declaring a cause-effect relationship when we can just make casual inferences and assumptions with no proof whatsoever!

This is a red-herring used by the NRA and Fox News crowd to distract from or minimize the racist angle and the gun angle. A racist white man espousing racist ideology, using a legally purchased and easily obtained firearm, deliberately and thoughtfully carried out a pre-planned terrorist attack against a highly-symbolic black target. Those are the facts. You have no proof that he was mentally ill. You have no proof that he was acting under the effects of suboxone or any other substance at the time of the shooting. You have no proof that suboxone even causes violence. This is nothing but an attempt to distract from the actual facts that are inconvenient for white gun-loving conservatives.
    Last edited by aj3647; June-20-15 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    Where did you get your pharmacology degree from?

http://fox8.com/2015/06/19/suboxone-...oting-suspect/

Hey, maybe he liked to eat at McDonalds too, OMG MCDONALDS CAUSES MASS MURDER. Who needs actual evidence or proof before declaring a cause-effect relationship when we can just make casual inferences and assumptions with no proof whatsoever!

This is a red-herring used by the NRA and Fox News crowd to distract from or minimize the racist angle and the gun angle. A racist white man espousing racist ideology, using a legally purchased and easily obtained firearm, deliberately and thoughtfully carried out a pre-planned terrorist attack against a highly-symbolic black target. Those are the facts. You have no proof that he was mentally ill. You have no proof that he was acting under the effects of suboxone or any other substance at the time of the shooting. You have no proof that suboxone even causes violence. This is nothing but an attempt to distract from the actual facts that are inconvenient for white gun-loving conservatives.

Name:  0-5 yrs.jpg
Views: 428
Size:  26.9 KB

just an educated guess..

I hear that, however, I never offered my comments as an 'excuse'. Fox would like to think themselves the embodiment of all conservative and dissenting thought. Not.

We give them that status too. I do not. I was trying show how the fix is sorta in, and you have to really think about what your being told no matter who. And Fox does not OWN every idea or observation on a given event.

I do think that when people think right-wing/ conservative they think FOX, therefore there's a level of excusing or bringing out the pitchforks [[depending on your view).

I see the pitchforks come out even when other new sources are saying the same things or sharing the same view [[which is increasing re. certain coverage). Yet, if Fox said it, then it must be dismissed out right. Not excusing. Just my observations.

The news head Roger Ailes, of Fox has his hands full with changes at the top and concerned about ratings similar to the other MSM news outlets. Too bad as they claim 'fair and balanced'. Some of the others don't even offer the claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    I see a pattern forming here. Why does Fox news always seem to need so much more excusing than everyone else?

It might not matter anymore: Fox News as we know it may be screwed: Roger Ailes’ stunning rebuke could spell the end.
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-20-15 at 12:43 PM.

Fine, by "Fox News crowd", I mean "conservatives white people." You know that. Let's not pretend like gun politics is representative of the nation's racial/ethnic demographics, because it is most certainly not. The pro-gun side, while certainly having some people of color, is still primarily and overwhelmingly white. That's not my opinion. Gun ownership rates among blacks are nearly half of that of whites.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...ng-households/

At the end of the day, gun politics is inextricably tied to political ideology and racial politics. The side of the fence that believes that the solution to gun massacres is "more guns" is usually going to be white conservatives, whose other polticial agendas shall we say haven't always had black people's best interests at heart?

Oh, I get that, I know it's mostly about white people relative to gun ownership. But even they aren't ALL allowed membership in the 'eh Fox club. Hah!

But how do we [[I'm black) function and respond within that narrative [[legal gun ownership rights on the books currently); expressly the laws pending? Usually handed down by those who'll never have to live under said forced edicts and laws. We know that the right tends to be pro gun. Got that, which allows a broader access to others - setting aside the NRA rhetoric.

On the other hand some on the extreme left say give up the guns! Period. So do we go: YES! My political group of broad or direct affiliation said to DO that... The repubs didn't, so Ok!

Wait a MINUTE!? You mean you are coming to take my gun too?? Say What?!?

I have no interest in carrying a gun, but don't see most law abiding black folk [[and others) in the urban setting REALLY willing to give up their guns, withstanding partisan alliances?

We don't want the 'massacre' coming thru the bedroom window or at the church.

And yet as you said, gun poli-tricks are "inextricably tied to political ideology and racial politics". I agree. I don't have an answer -- but we best look closely at all sides to see who's taking away our options [[be they doing so with a paternalistic smile or a grimace).
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-20-15 at 01:35 PM.