Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    OK I have beat up the far right plenty on this forum now its the far left's turn.

Gannon, understanding that our military, the American military, prepares and trains for every conceivable scenario might be lost in your paranoid opinion of the US military.

Yes, they train for things like pandemics that kill millions of Americans, terrorist attacks that are much worse than 9 11, even nuclear attacks that cause wide spread death and injury and human suffering among our populace. They have a readiness manual for your worst fears whatever they are. Myself I would expect nothing less considering how much aid has been lifted by helicopters to human beings around the world by the American military in dozens of countries. Why would anyone not think that eventually they will be needed right here at home very badly? Katrina was proof enough.

You live in one of the most civilized society's on earth. Never take that for granted. Your existence is dependent on diesel fuel flowing to trucks that take groceries to supermarkets, a power grid that can deliver electricity and many other factors that you never think about. Young Americans that join our military are not anywhere close to attacking and harming American civilians and if you are referencing anything like that you should think harder about what is actually threatening you.

Ask yourself is there anyone out in the world that would rejoice in a collapse of our society? Is there anyone that would be willing to cut off your head because you're just not like them? How about someone who would drive a truck bomb into a kindergarten just to grab some headlines for the cause? If you honestly feel that we are the greatest threat to ourselves then you have been swaddled in freedom way too much with your eyes tightly closed to what has happened to human beings and is still happening around the world since people have recorded history.
    Are you computer generated?

Here's one for ya...

Don't google it either!

What's the third amendment about?

Not fair looking it up...

A U.S. Military helicopter caused damage to the historic Sperry's building in downtown Port Huron early Monday morning.

Around 1:30 a.m., during a military training operation, a helicopter approached the building from the east and the wind from the helicopter caused damage to the awning and bricks of the building.

Randee Farrell, U.S. Army spokeswoman, said engineers have already reviewed the accident and found that the structure of the building was not damaged.

"Rotor wash from a helicopter caused damage to the brick veneer along the roof line which fell and caused damage to the awning," Farrell said in a press release.
    http://www.freep.com/story/news/loca...pter/28676447/

As to the fussy-wussies whining on this thread, y'all will mighty grateful when the IS turds get flushed by these guys when they try something stupid in town.

Thanx for the link. The second photo, the Blackhawk, are the ones I've seen twice already, contouring buildings, but they were in a pack of 4. I'm glad, I thought I was having flashbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    I swear there used to be a time when minimum altitudes were enforced, and there could BE no military training over residential areas...at least those with high densities.
    During the years I lived in a hi-rise in Lafayette Park, I could count on being blasted out of my socks the Saturday of the hydroplane races. A fighter jet would swoop in from the north, turn left at the river and do their flyby for the racing audience. It seemed they were certainly far lower than they should have been, but I suspect that's where the fun is if you're a top gun. It was truly startling because the sound would rise to a crescendo before you even knew what was going on. Considering the number of seniors living in Lafayette Park hi-rises, I felt they were being quite irresponsible by flying so low. They would do the same on Sunday, but fortunately, I was usually at the races that day, and at least could hear them coming off in the distance.
    Last edited by downtownguy; June-09-15 at 03:35 PM.

These flights were rattling windows last night in Mount Clemens. Last one I heard was just after 12:30, that's pretty late to be low over residential neighborhoods. Woke the baby up!

Quote Originally Posted by ddavis1776 View Post
    These flights were rattling windows last night in Mount Clemens. Last one I heard was just after 12:30, that's pretty late to be low over residential neighborhoods. Woke the baby up!
    They started @ about 10:45 last night and continued until 12:30 a.m. It looked like a joint effort between Homeland Security and the Army. 6 copters were involved, all single rotor, including a Blackhawk. [[which was totally blacked out) They made about half a dozen high speed passes just inland of the Straits, West then East. @ first all 6, then packs of 3. A friend said his house shook in GP. I'm glad they stopped contouring the buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    They started @ about 10:45 last night and continued until 12:30 a.m. It looked like a joint effort between Homeland Security and the Army. 6 copters were involved, all single rotor, including a Blackhawk. [[which was totally blacked out) They made about half a dozen high speed passes just inland of the Straits, West then East. @ first all 6, then packs of 3. A friend said his house shook in GP. I'm glad they stopped contouring the buildings.
    Did you see the types involved? I can usually tell what kind it is from the sound, but last night sounded like machines I had not heard before. Perhaps is was just the altitude and number involved...

Quote Originally Posted by ddavis1776 View Post
    Did you see the types involved? I can usually tell what kind it is from the sound, but last night sounded like machines I had not heard before. Perhaps is was just the altitude and number involved...
    The lead copter was a Blackhawk, there were 2 that resembled the old 'Nam copters, [[Hueys?), 1 was the silver + blue Homeland Security copter you see around the City, and I didn't recognize the other 2, but they looked like military machines. 5 were a lot larger then the Homeland Security copter. Even the Chinooks don't make a racket like these guys did. I saw them 5 out of 6 runs.

They've been doing similar exercises along the Hudson River off the west side of Manhattan for the past week. I've seen them from my office window every day this week.

Default Black Military Looking Helicopters in the D

Just saw three of them in a row flying southwest above/along Jefferson Ave right outside the Ren Cen. About 8 floors up from the street level.

Bizarre!

Just saw this out the office window! crazy low and crazy close ...and kinda cool

These were not Chinooks. Looked more like a Black Hawk.

Default Jade Helm

The best explanation I've heard for these large scale exercises [[from a mid-ranking military officer) is as follows:

You have a good sized contingent of upper-level army officers angling for full blown general, which comes with a lot of perks. Many of these officers have never seen combat - they run stateside bases or foreign supply depots in non-combat situations. However, they are still in the army, and the philosophy is that everyone should be able to fight.

So, every once in a while you get them together and run a huge war game. The officers view this as an opportunity to show how awesome they are on the battlefield, though they may have little to no battlefield experience. They'll pit their forces against seasoned combat units on the other side.

After getting their clocks thoroughly cleaned, they go back and, perhaps, volunteer for some experience in a combat situation before shooting for general again.

Heard third hand, make of it what you will.

Back in the 80's I used to live a mile from the runway at Selfridge over Rosso Hwy.
    I'd bike over there to watch the A-4's and A-10's fly over me at about 50 feet to land.
    Loved it !

Could be one of two things. Livonia is counter-attacking or Obama is coming for your guns.

All these choppers 10' from buildings and no video? Hmmmmm......

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    Back in the 80's I used to live a mile from the runway at Selfridge over Rosso Hwy.
    I'd bike over there to watch the A-4's and A-10's fly over me at about 50 feet to land.
    Loved it !
    You ain't seen nothin' 'til you've seen an F-4 50' off the ground in full burner where the thrust parts the pine trees.

Saw that once at Phelps-Collins in Alpena.

let the games begin...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2