Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I am very sorry to hear this, I always enjoyed reading her posts, and looked for her most recent comments regardless of topic. A loss for everyone, sending blessings your way Ron, and to all who really knew her.

What a loss. I'm so very sad for you Ron. I respected her.
    She and Matt are both watching over us now.

Ron...I am so sorry to hear this. Call me if you need anything Please!!

I've been checking the obits and I never saw one for Sumas. Does anyone have any additional info.?

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    I've been checking the obits and I never saw one for Sumas. Does anyone have any additional info.?
    Never saw anything, really. It isn't really mandatory, same as a funeral viewing. I suppose that this thread serves as a reasonable obituary, don't you think?

Looked to me that maybe privacy was needed on the part of the family or that
    she was one of those that wanted zero fanfare on passing.
    I didn't know Sumas personally but it looked to me like her church was St. John -
    St. Luke UCC on Russell Street [[which I have never been to). So donations for
    worthy causes in honor of Sumas could be sent that way - but she loved all the
    city pretty much, so anything anyone cared to do would be fine, without fanfare.
    My personal IOU in honor of Sumas is for John's Carpet House.

It is with regret that I just read on RonaldJ and Sumas's FB page that RonaldJ passed away yesterday. I'm glad that he and Sumas are together again, but extend my sympathies to the family, friends and forum members who loved them both.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBBrew View Post
    It is with regret that I just read on RonaldJ and Sumas's FB page that RonaldJ passed away yesterday. I'm glad that he and Sumas are together again, but extend my sympathies to the family, friends and forum members who loved them both.
    Oh no, how sad. Condolences to the family and friends.

How sad they are both gone. Many many people will miss them. May they be dancing in the stars now.

How often we see that people who care so deeply about each other pass on very close to each other. Now they can spend eternity together, free of all encumbrances, and move on to whatever is next. Bless you both. My deepest sympathies to their family, friends and loved ones.

Wow. That is so sad. There is a high instance of couples who are very close to each other passing soon after each other when either moves on. I think that had to be a factor here as they were very tight.

And to think, Ron started this thread.

I met him a few times and he was always a very easy-going, kind and erudite gentleman and human being.

May Ron and Sumas rest in peace together.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Wow. That is so sad. There is a high instance of couples who are very close to each other passing soon after each other when either moves on. I think that had to be a factor here as they were very tight.

And to think, Ron started this thread.

I met him a few times and he was always a very easy-going, kind and erudite gentleman and human being.

May Ron and Sumas rest in peace together.
    Amen......

oh wow...very sad but comforting that they are together

So sad to read that so soon after losing Django the world needs more people that care and love their communities..and they both did just that from all I read and heard about them..many condolences..

It's tough to have a connection with a community on line, but I feel the loss of it's members.
    I live in a senior apartment complex and deal with loss on a weekly basis.
    They were both huge members of their community and shall be missed.

Thanks for the recipes Sumas.

Met Ron at the Django gathering. Nice people and they will be missed. Hope someone is caring for their dogs.

Yeah, I feel so bad about this. What a change for their immediate neighbors.

OMG...such sad news!! Not surprising though as Ron and Sue were "one". Their voices will be missed, but their presence will be long felt here!! RIP, Sumas and Ronaldj!!

Here's the info from Sue's FB page:
    HELP US CELEBRATE THE LIVES OF RON AND SUE MIKULAK
    Join us on what would have been their 40th Wedding Anniversary.
    Sunday, August 2, 2015
    John's Carpet House
    2133 Fredrick Street
    Detroit, MI
    [[Johnscarpethouse.com)
    1:30pm - ? Live music starts at 3:00pm

Look for us, our tent. We will have beer, water and heavy appetizers. Bring your own chair/blanket, BYOB, if you want bring a dish to share.

In lieu of flowers you can make a donation to John's Carpet House to keep the music playing or
    Alternative for Girls/Detroit
    903 W. Grand Blvd.
    Detroit, MI 48208
    313-361-4000

This organization was close to Sue's heart and it helps girls and young women in the Detroit area.

Susan Steinhauer
    Mikulak [[3/23/1954 - 6/5/2015)
    Ronald Mikulak [[8/14/1952 - 7/20/2015)

Wherever there was Ron, there was Sue.
    Wherever there was Sue, there was Ron.
    May your souls rest in peace.
    We love you.

Thank you for this info and your thoughtful words Kathleen. Greatly appreciated.

Thank you. It will be perfect.

Just to be clear....the August 2 celebration of Sumas and Ronaldj is being held by their family.

Unfortunately Dave and I will not be able to attend as we are already committed to another event.

Quote Originally Posted by Isle_of_fun View Post
    I also went to the same high school as Sue, we have communicated in the past regarding the people we new and the Gar Wood property. Sue was extremely helpful and knowledgeable about that and many other Detroit areas. I write the following because we both grew up with similar role models. We were both women of the 1960's with HUGE HUGE challenges ahead!
    Wow, just figured out why I hadn't heard from her. I know she had done a lot of research on Grayhaven and I wondered if she ever finished it- anyone know?

The city of Detroit is a sadder place without both of them, yet their spirit and dedication lives on and gives us all inspiration. They most certainly left a wonderful footprint. R.I.P.

Somehow managed to miss this. This brings a big sad to my face.
    RIP Sumas & Ronald.

Having dealt this summer with the sudden loss of my father and then other major medical issues with my wife, I have not been as frequent a reader on the forum and I just now saw this. I am so sorry to hear of Susan and Ron's passing. I always enjoyed sumas' posts, and she was one of the "characters" [[and I mean that in the most complimentary way) that has made the forum such an interesting place.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast