Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default sumas [and now her beloved RonaldJ too] passes

UPDATE: With great sadness we have learned that Sumas' husband, RonaldJ who started this thread announcing her passing, has also passed. Click here to jump to the latest posts >>

===================================
    Regret to inform the forum that sumas died this morning, Friday5 June 2015 at approximately 2:30 AM. She will be cremated and scattered on fresh water.

Details on service and memorial are not yet concluded. Will keep advised as they shape up.

Sincerely a saddened, chagrined and ____________ spouse.
    ronaldj
    Last edited by admin; July-21-15 at 10:02 PM. Reason: missed the "fill in the blank"

So sorry for your loss, Ron. May she rest in peace and go with God. Our prayers are with your and all who cared about her.

Condolences to you and your family and friends Ronald.

That so sad. I am so sorry for your loss Ron. She was such a lively and spirited person, so full of energy, that it is difficult accept that this has happened. My deepest condolences to you and your family and friends.

She will be greatly missed on this forum as a voice for the beleaguered residents of Detroit, for the little guys trying to make [and making] a difference and as a great champion and cheerleader for Detroit. RIP Sumas.

Ronald J, Condolences to you and her family. Always enjoyed her posts, she will be missed.

Condolences.

So very sorry, heartfelt condolences to her loved ones. RIP Sumas!

I am deeply saddened to hear of this. My thoughts and prayers are with you Ron. RIP Sumas.

Ronaldj and family: We are so sorry for your loss. Sue was such a spirit, filled with love and fortitude and friendship and concern for others. Her personality and her views and knowledge of Detroit history will be greatly missed!!!

Sue and Django will be up there watching over you and us all!!

RIP Sumas!!!

Kathleen and The Grillmaster

I am really broken by this news, Ron. I was corresponding with her for a good while and noticed in her last email that something was amiss, that in spite of her usual strength in adversity, she had lost something vital. She was an inspiration to me because I am not involved in community affairs in any way and I admired her courage and energy to help solve some problems and beef up her immediate entourage and the city at large. I am at least happy her friend Django will greet her in heaven, she deserves a nice spot there left of center, near God and all the good stuff. My condolences to you and your sons and the ton of people who loved her, Ron.

Oh poo, say it isn't so.

Sumas was one of the reasons I enjoyed this forum.
    Some what suprised by this and saddened too.
    May God grant peace to her and those left behind.

My prayers and sympathy.

God bless, condolences--

Sumas was a passionate supporter of Detroit and all of its children, regardless if they had four legs or two.

condolences to Ron and her boys.

"I am at least happy her friend Django will greet her in heaven"....so totally agree!

Wow! so very sorry to hear. she will be taking care of you from above Ron as she did here on earth.

My goodness, what a cool lady. Only knew her through the forums, but just loved her to pieces. So very sorry Ronald....so very sorry....

My condolences to her family and friends. I was hoping to meet her and Django's memorial service but was too late. It's unfortunate we've lost two great Detroiters and forumers in such a short time. RIP Sumas.

Please accept my condolences as well. She always seemed as if she was dedicated to making her part of the world as decent a place as possible. that will definitely be missed.

Im so sorry Ronald, and to our DYes forum.

Deeply saddened to learn of this. She was one of the greatest 'boosters' that the City of Detroit ever had, and her posts were always a delight.

Gosh darn it all, anyway.

My condolences as well Ronald.... she and I often chatted at Forum picnics. We both attended the same Finney High School and would often talk about mutual friends and teachers, even though we did not know each other there. Detroit is a sadder place without her. RIP Sumas....

Ron, My most heartfelt condolences and sympathy for your loss. I was wondering if she was alright, she wasn't posting like she used to. May your sorrow and pain pass quickly. God Bless.

Don't know when her last post was, but I remember thinking, "Where's Sumas?"
    She was such a prolific poster so as to be a definite presence, but now is the time
    of vacations and retreats, so that is where I hoped she went, and would be back
    to posting here soon.
    I did not know her in person, only on this forum. I am very sorry for the loss to
    her family and her community. She will certainly be missed.

Very saddened to hear this news. My condolences to the family and all who knew her in person. I loved her feisty posts and love of the city. She will be missed.

Total surprise, I too had noticed her absence on the board lately.

Her neighbors should take great comfort in knowing what high esteem she held them in.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast