Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default B.B. King dead at 89 years old.

I first saw him live at Meadowbrook in 1969. In the early 80's, my girlfriend and I were backstage with him at Meadowbrook when she sat on his lap while he sang "Happy Birthday" to her in his stylized way.
    A very exellent memory from days past !

In the 80s I was driving up the 401 and stopped at burger king to find myself face to face
    with BB KING. He just got off his bus an walking in for a burger.

On the TV news they said he was still doing a 100 shows a year into his 80's !
    Where do these guy's get their stamina ? Burger King ?

I rarely do "fast" food but burger king would be my first choice. So many great great memories of his performances.

And now this mess,
    http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/26/entert...th-allegation/
    http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...soned-31294271
    "An April 29 petition alleged that Toney had blocked King's friends from visiting him and had put her family members on King's payroll. It also alleged that large sums of money had disappeared from King's bank accounts."

Also, the part about diabetic shock being induced is odd [[especially since those around him were not licensed medical practitioners). Why shut out family and friends? How did the family know about the sums of money disappearing, unless they, too, had some trusted access to it, at one point? There have been many incidents reported in the past [[and most recently) with those performing autopsies filing doctored reports [[especially where money and connections are concerned).

Than again, we saw a lot of greediness over Rosa Parks' estate after her passing...

Puts things right on the edge.