Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7

Yeah, pre 9/11
    Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    I walked over a couple of times in the 70's. 12 yr. old kids from Detroit used to take their bikes over to Windsor to swim.

I too cycled over the Ambassador on a ten speed racer bicycle decades ago. And now I'm rendered to the red goofy three-speed MOGO rental biks just peddling about WSU campus.

Still good exercise nonetheless I guess! ----

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    I walked over a couple of times in the 70's. 12 yr. old kids from Detroit used to take their bikes over to Windsor to swim.

Why One Empty Bridge Wrecked Trade Between The US And Canada
    Most people outside of Metro Detroit weren't aware of the Ambassador Bridge before it was blockaded. But its temporary closure showed why it was so significant, because of the disruption it caused to US - Canada trade. Still there were plenty of questions floating around even after the bridge reopened. So I wanted to make a video explaining the logistics that make this bridge important and why trade goes through this area.

Interesting video on the new bridge.
    https://youtu.be/uV9mQtrKaxs

I highly recommend the Gordie Howe Bridge construction videos being posted by DetroitYES member MichaelAnthonyVideos via his YouTube channel to which I subscribe. His drone photography is the best as seen is this recently release piece.

He also has some great pieces on the Packard Plant and Hannon YMCA demolitions.

Nothing less than heroic what ironworkers do. Good old union work too. None of that "right to work BS”. Laffs. Spite bridge according to some, not me.

Shoot the puck, Gordie!!!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7