Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Connections with Detroit parents

Hi all - I'm brand new here and just getting to know all the resources. I'm hoping someone can direct me to a good place to connect with parents in Detroit for questions on schools and raising kids there. My husband and I are considering moving to Detroit and have a four year old, so it would be great to hear perspective from other parents. Thanks!

I am a big proponent of private schooling and I think I would never consider a public school personally. However, there are one of two organizations in Detroit that help parents find the best public schools:
    https://www.excellentschoolsdetroit....-schools-stack

Also, see this parent group profiles last November in Time Magazine:

"The Best Classroom Project, a Facebook group started by Detroit parents, was formed as a way for families to share information and coordinate school visits. It is now made up of more than 250 Detroit parents, some of them life-long residents and others recent transplants. Some members have joined just for tips on finding the best school for their children: traditional public, charter or private, in Detroit proper or the suburbs."

Chrysler school, awesome! My kids went there. There is a charter school on Kercheval near St jean that looks very orderly no clue on the name. St Claire de Montelfaco wins awards all the time. Sorry I only really know the eastside There you have one public, one charter, one private!