Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Good news for Colonel Sanders!

Hillary Clinton's support among Democrats nationally has taken a serious tumble, falling eight points to 43%, according to the latest IBD/TIPP Poll. Support for her chief rival, Bernie Sanders, rose six points to 39%.As a result, Clinton's lead over Sanders, which had been 18 points, is now just four points." http://news.investors.com/ibd-editor...#ixzz3wzfimONZ

We can only hope.

Default Bernie offers new incentive for illegal immigrants-

"Millions of undocumented immigrants would gain health care coverage under Bernie Sanders' plan for a single-payer health care system, a detail he didn't include explicitly in his just-released proposal but one confirmed by an aide shortly after Sunday's Democratic presidential debate.

"It would cover everyone, including aspiring Americans," said Warren Gunnels, senior policy adviser to the Vermont senator's campaign, when asked whether the plan would cover immigrants in the country illegally."

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...#ixzz3xhbBDVp8

The whole problem with these aspiring campaign promises, is if and once elected, getting the other 39 mules to pull the cart in the same direction. Look what happened with the Affordable Care Act. It's great that 500 mil Americans now have some sort of heath coverage, but it could have been much better before it went into surgery.

Drudge has an open poll. Grandpa Sanders and Hillary aren't doing so well. It's time for people here to bump them up so they get some respect!

http://drudgereport.com/nosp.htm

New Bernie ad featuring Simon and Garfunkel music:

https://youtu.be/2nwRiuh1Cug

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Drudge has an open poll. Grandpa Sanders and Hillary aren't doing so well. It's time for people here to bump them up so they get some respect!...
    Drudge doesn't block multiple votes from individuals so it doesn't matter. Fun game though.

When I posted that, Sanders was in fifth place. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    New Bernie ad featuring Simon and Garfunkel music:

https://youtu.be/2nwRiuh1Cug
    That deserves a visual too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    An awful lot of rural white people in that video.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    An awful lot of rural white people in that video.
    It was made to run before Iowa and New Hampshire so that explains the farms, but if you look closely there are a variety of people in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Note the Michigan reference:

Let us be lovers, we'll marry our fortunes together
    I've got some real estate here in my bag
    So we bought a pack of cigarettes, and Mrs. Wagner pies
    And we walked off to look for America

Cathy, I said, as we boarded a Greyhound in Pittsburg
    Michigan seems like a dream to me now
    It took me four days to hitchhike from Saginaw
    And I've come to look for America

Laughin' on the bus, playing games with the faces
    She said the man in the gaberdine suit was a spy
    I said be careful, his bowtie is really a camera

Toss me a cigarette, I think there's one in my raincoat
    We smoked the last one an hour ago
    So I looked at the scenery, she read her magazine
    And the moon rose over an open field

Cathy, I'm lost, I said, though I knew she was sleeping
    I'm empty and I'm aching and I don't know why
    Countin' the cars on the New Jersey turnpike
    They've all come to look for America, all come to look for America

[Instrumental break]

Countin' the cars on the New Jersey turnpike
    They've all come to look for America, all come to look for America
    All come to look for America

And so it begins - if you are a woman and are not voting for Hillary Clinton, you are betraying your gender:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/08/us...ders.html?_r=0

Default The Problem

Our economy works for Wall Street because it's rigged by Wall Street. That's the problem.

After the virtual tie in Iowa and Bernie's smashing victory in NH, Hillary has 394 pledged delegates and Bernie has 44 pledged delegates. Most of Hillary's pledged delegates are super-delegates whom no one voted for in the primaries. Since 2,382 delegates are required to secure the Democratic nomination, Bernie needs additional 2,338 delegates while Hillary only requires an additional 1,988 delegates to win. The system is rigged in favor of Hillary. From now on, Bernie needs 17% more delegates than Hillary does to win. Bernie supporters are being toyed with. Bernie's revolution is going to be stillborn if his supporters don't revolt at the national convention.
    Last edited by oladub; February-11-16 at 05:37 PM.

Article about super delegates:

https://www.rawstory.com/2016/02/the...on-in-the-dnc/

As the Democrats head to Nevada, Bernie Sanders has 36 delegates, Hillary Clinton has 32, but you might not know that if you’ve been exposed to some lazy or sensational journalism suggesting that Clinton is in the lead.

Yeah, that gender arm-twisting really makes me know I'll NOT be voting for her -- not that I need much more reason not too!

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    And so it begins - if you are a woman and are not voting for Hillary Clinton, you are betraying your gender:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/08/us...ders.html?_r=0

Believe what you want but the article is based on conjecture. Nothing is counted until the national convention of course but even delegates sent to vote for Hillary and Bernie can switch their votes. I know a guy who was supposed to have voted for Romney at the last Republican convention as a regular delegate but voted for Ron Paul. He was kicked out of the Republican Party for doing so. Such actions are rare. It is also unusual for committed super delegates to switch horses at the convention. Sanders' supporters better get off their magical unicorns though and start the revolution a little early if they don't want super delegates upsetting a narrow Sanders' margin.

Edited to add: It just keeps coming. The DNC changed its policies so big donors can contribute more money. That is thought to help the Hillary campaign. The uphill slope keeps getting steeper for Bernie. Let's hope Bernie supporters aren't masochistic enough to accept all these impediments.

DNC rolls back Obama ban on contributions from federal lobbyists.

PBS Donor-Moderator fails to ask about Clinton Foundation
    Last edited by oladub; February-12-16 at 06:46 PM.

"Debbie Wasserman-Schultz said that although the Democratic Party “wants to give every opportunity to grassroots activists... to participate” in its presidential nomination process, superdelegates “exist... to make sure that party leaders and elected officials don’t have to be in a position where they are running against grassroots activists."
    http://cnsnews.com/news/article/barbara-hollingsworth/dnc-chair-superdelegates-make-sure-party-leaders-elected

There was also an interesting article suggesting Bernie isn't in this to win. "Sure, Bernie Sanders would like to win the primary, but he’s smart enough to know the odds are stacked badly against him. And he also knows that savaging the eventual nominee might have the unintended effect of putting a Republican in the White House.
    So, he continues to hit her from the left. On Henry Kissinger. On Wall Street. But he refuses to amplify the most effective attack, because he just doesn’t want to do too much damage."
    Is this why Bernie Sanders is Going Easy on Hillary?

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    "There was also an interesting article suggesting Bernie isn't in this to win. "Sure, Bernie Sanders would like to win the primary, but he’s smart enough to know the odds are stacked badly against him. And he also knows that savaging the eventual nominee might have the unintended effect of putting a Republican in the White House.
    So, he continues to hit her from the left. On Henry Kissinger. On Wall Street. But he refuses to amplify the most effective attack, because he just doesn’t want to do too much damage."
    Is this why Bernie Sanders is Going Easy on Hillary?
    He has said he is in it to win. As far as "going easy" on Hillary, he said from beginning he doesn't do negative campaigns. He wants to run on the issues, not just attack opponents.

Heh. The Walton family correctly depicted as welfare queens. Good job, Bernie.

I had to turn my volume down during the cheers. LOL!

Default People Are Being Poisoned in Flint, Michigan | Bernie Sanders

The city of Flint, Michigan is facing a crisis of devastating proportions, and if the local government cannot protect those children, and if the state government cannot protect those children, then the federal government better get in and do the right thing.

Default Nevada exit poll demographics

Hillary won decisively in Nevada among people over age 65, blacks, people with post graduate degrees, moderates, Democrats [[Bernie did great with independents), whose biggest concerns were health care and the economy, and values someone who could win in November with job experience. The biggest blow to Sanders was that blacks voted so heavily for his sociopathic opponent.
    http://edition.cnn.com/election/primaries/polls/NV/Dem

Hillary now has 496 delegates lined up. Sanders has 69. 2383 delegates are needed to win. Bernie needs an additional 1749 delegates to win. Hillary needs an additional 1322 delegates to win because of the way the deck is stacked to give Hillary most of this huge handicap super delegate advantage.
    http://www.cnn.com/election/ [[Scroll down a bit)

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast