Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    It's over, Pam, the fat lady has sung. In fact, she's clenched the nomination.
    Nope, see post 272.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Nope, see post 272.
    We all have our hopes and dreams.

If I get elected, I will fight corporate greed. If I fail to get elected, I will endorse Hillary Clinton, the Queen of Corporate Greed. -something like that. It's too bad. Bernie, at least, had identified a problem.

"Of course Bernie Sanders appears to have sold out emerging from a White House meeting with President Barack Obama vowing to work together with Hillary Clinton to defeat Donald Trump in November. Bernie would rather endorse a traitor who has sold her influence as Secretary of State just to save the Democratic Party. Obama assured Bernie, no doubt, that he would not allow Hillary to be indicted. And to further rig the game, the State Department refuses to release her emails until after the election. But the actual date they gave was November 31st, 2016, which does not exist since November has only 30 days. Once she is president, no doubt they will vanish altogether.

It appears that Bernie is betraying all those who supported him. Hillary will raise $1 billion to buy the White House. That kind of money does not come from bankers without strings. Wall Street supports Hillary – not Trump. That says it all. How Bernie can just give up is amazing. What happened to his “revolution” will never be discussed." - Martin Armstrong https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/i...is-supporters/

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    It appears that Bernie is betraying all those who supported him. Hillary will raise $1 billion to buy the White House.
    She will need to raise $31 billion dollars. Don't forget, she's already promised the coal mining industry $30 billion if they vote for her.

Bernie hasn't betrayed anybody. He is still going to the convention. He hasn't changed his views on anything. He hasn't told his supporters to fall in line behind Hillary. I don't know why he said he would vote for her, I guess he feels Trump is worse. Most of his supporters won't be voting for her though.

A sad day. Bernie endorsed Hillary today. I don't know why now, instead of after the convention. Perhaps he was threatened. It's not going to help her win though. The Bernie people will write him in or vote Green party. She will have to steal it again to beat Trump.

People Are Furious That Bernie Sanders Just Endorsed Hillary Clinton[[link)
    Interesting comments found in this article. Bernie also sponsored anti-Federal Reserve legislation only to water it down when it reached the Senate as its chief sponsor. Bernie is consistent. This time, Bernie buckled even after Jill Stein commendably offered to step aside and let Bernie run as the Green Presidential candidate."“So disappointed. Bernie sold out millions and many of us fell for it,” one former fan tweeted. “Never again.”

Sanders endorses Clinton, and his hardcore supporters are feeling Berned
    “I intend to do everything I can to make certain she will be the next president of the United States,” Judas Sanders said at a joint rally in New Hampshire."

Bye, Bye, Bernie.

Last edited by oladub; July-12-16 at 01:49 PM.

I'm not going to call him a sell out. I don't know what kind of pressure he was under. I'll reserve my dislike for the lying, cheating felon running for Pres.

pam...i like him too but he's better right where he is in the senate.

I'm not going to call him a sell out. I don't know what kind of pressure he was under. I'll reserve my dislike for the lying, cheating felon running for Pres.
    All candidates are under tremendous pressure. I think he just realized that the Democratic machine wants Hillary to be president, and pretty much every super delegate is part of that machine.

The carrot side of the equation is, if he backs Hillary and she wins, he can use some of that political capital to get some legislation passed. See House of Cards for how that works.

Name:  Fat Lady Sings.png
Views: 207
Size:  95.5 KB
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; July-12-16 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    pam...i like him too but he's better right where he is in the senate.
    We need multiple Bernies to fill all offices. Hopefully some of his followers will get in.

I wonder if they were on Hillary's personal server?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/bernie-dn...000000534.html

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I wonder if they were on Hillary's personal server?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/bernie-dn...000000534.html
    No, I think they hacked into the DNC.

Great to see all the Bernie people marching in Philly:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cops-prot...02.html?ref=gs

Chanting "Hell No, DNC, we won't vote for Hillary" and "This is what democracy looks like," the marchers headed from City Hall down Broad Street, the main north-south artery that leads from the city center to the convention site about 4 miles away.

Boy, When Bernie Sanders sells out, he don't play.....

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...vote/87561974/

Bernie did not sell out to anyone. He went to battle with an entrenched clique, made amazing progress, changed the discussion, and likely delayed, if not prevented passing of the TPP. The democratic party has moved away from their traditional support for blue collar folks and moved toward supporting university grads and white collar "liberals". Thomas Frank describes this in his book: Listen Liberal. [[I don't know how to underline with this smart phone). Bernie's supporters need to keep the movement going at the grass roots level. Meanwhile, somehow the Citizens United decision must be overturned. No Trump appointed Supreme Court nominees will go for this. I am voting for Clinton because she may appoint justices who will be open to changing this most destructive decision of the century. It's a stretch, but right now it is the only option.
    Last edited by Bobl; July-27-16 at 08:50 AM.

Bernie delegates had a massive walk out last night.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/DNCWalkOut?src=hash

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    Bernie did not sell out to anyone. He went to battle with an entrenched clique, made amazing progress, changed the discussion, and likely delayed, if not prevented passing of the TPP. The democratic party has moved away from their traditional support for blue collar folks and moved toward supporting university grads and white collar "liberals". Thomas Frank describes this in his book: Listen Liberal. [[I don't know how to underline with this smart phone). Bernie's supporters need to keep the movement going at the grass roots level. Meanwhile, somehow the Citizens United decision must be overturned. No Trump appointed Supreme Court nominees will go for this. I am voting for Clinton because she may appoint justices who will be open to changing this most destructive decision of the century. It's a stretch, but right now it is the only option.
    I don't trust her to do anything that might offend her corporate masters. I'm still writing in Bernie.

I don't trust her to do anything that might offend her corporate masters. I'm still writing in Bernie.
    That is your right to choose. It will effectively be a vote for Trump.

Why, oh why do we keep having to make choices like this ?? Trump is a loose cannon and the Clintons are about as honest as backwoods used car sales people. One guy has the guts to speak out and get steamrolled by his own party. I won't vote for either one of these wipes.
    Last edited by lpg; July-27-16 at 09:49 AM.

^^^ Yes, what fun! If you don't vote it's problem, if you write in someone it's a mess.

That is your right to choose. It will effectively be a vote for Trump.
    No, it's a vote for Bernie. I can't in good conscience vote for Hillary.

Bernie did not sell out to anyone. ​Please listen to his enthusiastic Hillary support speech. In fact, I'd say it went beyond enthusiastic. Meanwhile, somehow the Citizens United decision must be overturned. No Trump appointed Supreme Court nominees will go for this. Really? How can you predict this, Bobl? I am voting for Clinton because she may appoint justices who will be open to changing this most destructive decision of the century. She may also teach pigs to fly so we wouldn't have to drive them to market, but somehow, I doubt it.
    I, for one, have had enough of these "the people's choice" elections. After recent revelations, I would never vote for that corporate concubine. Right or wrong, qualified or not, moron or rocket scientist, @ least the Republicans gave the people the candidate they asked for. I was NOT a Trump supporter or a Republican when this started.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; July-27-16 at 01:59 PM.

I hear Sanders has left the democrat party to resume his status as an independent but I am not finding this verified on any of the larger news sources. Anyone have any info?

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast