Quote Originally Posted by Mark Smiles View Post
Opposition to the Confederate flag is really an expression of anti-White racism. It is right up there with the Joe Louis fist planted at the foot of Woodward.

Actually to me the Confederate flag is a symbol of freedom. One has to understand that if the North was fighting to free the slaves, the underground railroad would not have to be “underground” in the north. It is as simple as that.

The north wanted the cotton grown in the south for it’s factories. They passed a law making it illegal for the south to sell cotton to customers in Europe. This forced the South to seek it’s independence.

Slavery was on it’s way out and could have been eliminated with out the bloodshed the Civil War produced.

The Confederate flag represents standing up for liberty, it is not about defending slavery, as there is no defense for slavery nor the underground railroad being underground in the north.
Yup, not wanting to be reminded of the fact the one's ancestors were slaves and second class citizens is anti-white racism. That's totally it! And there had to be an underground railroad in the north because the Supreme Court ruled that runaway slaves could be caught and returned back to their owners.

There is nothing about liberty or freedom in a flag that represents the Old South, all slave owning states. I absolutely hate when I see the American flag flown along side the Confederate flag. Confederates were traitors to the union and that shouldn't be celebrated.

Joe Louis is entirely different. The fist represents his power in the ring as well as his power to fight Jim Crow [[hence why it faces towards the South) and the Nazi's belief in racial superiority by beating Schmeling.

You're probably one of those people that are "proud to be white" and need a symbol to make sure everyone knows it. How about use a symbol that didn't fly over a "nation" that enslaved millions of people. I'm not ashamed to be white, but I'm more proud of the certain ethnicities in me. I'm proud of my Canadian ancestry and I'm a big anglophile, though I know the conflicted history of the British Empire.