Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Django's Buddha

Default Django's Buddha

If in your travels around the city you see this Buddha...

Name:  Covert-Gannon Buddha from Matthew Loflin Davis.jpg
Views: 551
Size:  64.9 KB

...you've found another of Matthew Loflin Davis' trademarks.

I would love to document where you stumble upon them.

The one above was a thank-you to my girlfriend for some forgettable act of kindness...but for some reason we saved and framed it. She placed it on a pillow for the picture...but it usually hangs in our entry foyer.

I'm absolutely certain I'll be finding these for years around this house, because nearly every time he paused I'd catch him doodling or drawing another. It was also his way of telling me when I needed to wash my car...I'd look in the rearview mirror to find one nagging me through the dirt.

I'll start...second floor of the abandoned house on the east side of Field Street between Kercheval and Vernor. [[couldn't let you get off that easy, Sumas!)

Big love...

The buddha house is still there. Matt was a little astounded, he got a little "happy", a little drunk. Vacant building, Two stories up. We had no clue.

The next morning he was shaking his head, saying , what was I thinking.

I know what that symbol meant. He painted it on our garage and paved alley. Not stories I want to share with his family.

Larger than life. He was just a real person to us.
    Last edited by sumas; April-21-15 at 03:30 PM.

Ps Gannon: he carved that Buddha on a strange wood cart in our house. So many people carved on it, so need to search. Will take a pic