Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by jw101 View Post
    ...is it that hard to put 2 and 2 together? Because being legit robbed makes perfect sense! -____-
    considering how little sense the original post made i would give people a little break.

...is it that hard to put 2 and 2 together? Because being legit robbed makes perfect sense! -____-
    It's a hefty claim whether you mean it in a literal sense, or in a getting ripped off sense. Expand on your point. How were they going to "rob" people? Were they going to force them to go to the restaurant? Were they not going to tell people the prices until after they ate?

Exactly how does one get "robbed" at a restaurant? And where is your proof of city council's objections to it based on what you say?

Basically, I'm saying that I think you're full of shit, and will continue to think so until you better articulate your point and back it up with facts.

The other day, I had a conversation with a Bedrock employee. Apparently, the company HAD plans to build a restaurant on top of One Woodward [[5/3 Bank Building), but the city wouldn't let them. Why? THEY WERE GOING TO ROB PEOPLE! Bedrock and Gilbert has great plans, but, let's jump into reality- seriously? THIS IS DETROIT! A city built on the working class, and today is one of the poorest, most dangerous cities in the country.

He's playing hometown hero by buying up everything and filling the buildings up, that's good. What's NOT good is luring the most expensive independent retailers he can find, like Punch Bowl [[talk about some serious $$$), or John V [[$5K for a coat? REALLY?). Then, to top it all off, they charge downtown residents THROUGH the nose, and FOR WHAT? The city is still half empty, bad crime, and is ranked 92nd for residents' happiness.

I always used to tell myself that I'd spend the rest of my life living in Detroit- now, I'm planning to move to Seattle, where the rents [[slightly higher than downtown Detroit, about $1,400 for a 1 bedroom) are actually worth it.
    I wish you could see what I saw when I first moved in Downtown Detroit in 1990. What Bedrock , Gilbert and others are doing is nothing short of miraculous. Ofcourse costs will inch up to other city costs and standards, it goes with the territory. In exchange we are developing into a very cool city core. Its a good deal in my terms.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3