Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gpwrangler View Post
    Why are people so crabby in mug shots?
    Well, it's not like a yearbook photo. For some it is, I suppose.

Me grumpy in a mug shot? Not a chance! [[Damn, I was beautiful back then, was I not?????)

Why do I wish to slap this non thinker more firmly than I wanted to slap the phantom thief?

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936;476265u
    Me grumpy in a mug shot? Not a chance! [[Damn, I was beautiful back then, was I not?????)
    Good photo, Ray. What did they get you for?

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Good photo, Ray. What did they get you for?
    Well, there was at least one supervisor who might have replied, "Impersonating a Police Officer", but what did he know, anyway????

Default Kroger attack false

Turns out this was false reporting. Freep has article today "victim" Kelly Parsons 45 y.o. woman is being prosecuted in St Clair Shores for false report charge and arraigned Tuesday $10000 bail for felony.

HaHa, she lied about the attack! Nothing like blame a black man or two for you either losing or hocking your jewelry. Good for the SCS PD for tracking this down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Well, there was at least one supervisor who might have replied, "Impersonating a Police Officer", but what did he know, anyway????
    Hey handsome. My husband and I both enjoy your posts. Detroit has such history. Still love my city but sometimes have to do a WOW! This didn't happen.

Little street thugs asked me for sex? I am 61, dress demure and hardly interested in them. To me, very strange. Frankly don't know if I am flattered or insulted. Think I'll stick with insulted. Yuck!

Move back, we still need a few champions.
    Last edited by sumas; April-15-15 at 05:50 PM.

When one needs a convenient lie just blame a Black guy from Detroit.....

smmfh.....see all of the initial responses?

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post

Move back, we still need a few champions.
    I would, if it wasn't for November, December, January, February, March, and the first half of April.

I'm betting you wouldn't no matter what the weather was Ray.

Actually the 7th has been awesome reducing crime. Good neighbors make a huge contribution too. Then we have homeland security, the State police and private security. Almost feel swarmed.

Thinking about moving ourselves to a warmer clime. Winter seem harsher the older one gets. That is maybe a year or two away. No clue where we might land, maybe New Mexico.

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    I'm betting you wouldn't no matter what the weather was Ray.
    That's probably a good bet!

Thinking about moving ourselves to a warmer clime. Winter seem harsher the older one gets. That is maybe a year or two away. No clue where we might land, maybe New Mexico.
    It's a good place for AL Holmes' alums.

Quote Originally Posted by jiminnm View Post
    Sounds like an insult, would that be the tribe? Lived in NM briefly, liked it.

Unlike most on the forum, I live in Detroit. I love it. Love my house, my neighborhood! My neighbors. My stores.

Alum of WSU, MSU and U of M. I am not an arm chair critic. Take an active role in my city, my neighborhood.

My husband has medical needs, a warmer clime is in the works. Won't be on Detroit yes if we move. My new community will be my effort.

My husband has medical needs, a warmer clime is in the works. Won't be on Detroit yes if we move. My new community will be my effort.
    Oh, come on! Sure you will! I moved far away 30 years ago, but I visit DY daily. It's the best way of finding out what's REALLY going on back in the old home town! You can take the man out of Detroit, but you can't take the Detroit out of the man. Or woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Which part? Or the whole comment?
    Every single comment says the exact same thing regardless of topic. WTF

Oh, come on! Sure you will! I moved far away 30 years ago, but I visit DY daily. It's the best way of finding out what's REALLY going on back in the old home town! You can take the man out of Detroit, but you can't take the Detroit out of the man. Or woman.
    Yeah ... you are most likely right. I am Detroit [[eastside) my husband [[westside). Maybe we should buy a jaccuzzi for the basement. Pretend we are in warmer climes for the nasty winter months. Have great neighbors to shop for us. Just hibernate. Do-able.

Not sure I'd send them to Kroger though.
    Last edited by sumas; April-17-15 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jiminnm View Post
    Now there is a name I haven't heard in a while.

Met a lot of A.L. Holmes Alumni at Burroughs.

Yeah ... you are most likely right. I am Detroit [[eastside) my husband [[westside).
    That's funny. My wife, Marge, was an east sider [[Denby); I'm a dedicated west sider [[Mackenzie). Somehow, the twains met.

69 replies to this thread about an attack that turned out to be a fabrication and yet I have yet to see a thread on here about the Inkster police beating the shit out of Floyd Dent.
    Am I the only one who thinks that seems really messed up?

Last edited by Zacha341; April-18-15 at 03:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Good job, Zacha341! I'd have done it myself, but I feel like that's a pretty weighty topic for a jackass like me to be OP on. I'm better at driving the final nails into threads that need to be laid to rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post
    Now there is a name I haven't heard in a while.

Met a lot of A.L. Holmes Alumni at Burroughs.
    ALH was close to my grandparents' house. My parents did not think much of Burroughs, so I went to Pulaski for 7th and 8th grades [[which was close to our house).

That's funny. My wife, Marge, was an east sider [[Denby); I'm a dedicated west sider [[Mackenzie). Somehow, the twains met.
    Moi.. Finney Jr and Sr High back in the day Finney and Denby were rivals. Finney always tried to steal the anchor at Denby, never succeeded, came close but no cigar.

My husband Cass Tech, grew up on Junction.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast