Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    Moi.. Finney Jr and Sr High back in the day Finney and Denby were rivals. Finney always tried to steal the anchor at Denby, never succeeded, came close but no cigar.

My husband Cass Tech, grew up on Junction.
    Do you remember the assistant principal at Finney, Mr. Richard Taylor?

That attack in Kroger's Parking Lot was indeed a hoax! It's that woman mentality to blame black males. For in the past she must have a confrontation with black folks. That put her in the state of mental fear.

She does not like black people.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    That's funny. My wife, Marge, was an east sider [[Denby); I'm a dedicated west sider [[Mackenzie). Somehow, the twains met.
    Just the opposite here, Ray. I was an east sider, near Osborn, but did go to Cass. My wife went to Mackenzie. We met about 10 years later.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Do you remember the assistant principal at Finney, Mr. Richard Taylor?
    I graduated in 1971, was that the Darshki asst who wanted to be friends with everyone or the little Italian guy who wanted to bust heads. Mostly I remember Ms Kelly the relic from when it was an elementary school.

I had enough credits to graduate in 10th grade, a great relationship with my councelor who knew I didn't want to be there. So mostly I wasn't.

Did have police trying to arrest me once in the parking lot for trying to steal a car. It was my car.

I was the year book editor. Year books stashed in the garage somewhere.

I only shop Kroger for Knorrs brand anything

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    That attack in Kroger's Parking Lot was indeed a hoax! It's that woman mentality to blame black males. For in the past she must have a confrontation with black folks. That put her in the state of mental fear.

She does not like black people.
    so you know this person?

Yeah ... you are most likely right. I am Detroit [[eastside) my husband [[westside). Maybe we should buy a jaccuzzi for the basement. Pretend we are in warmer climes for the nasty winter months. Have great neighbors to shop for us. Just hibernate. Do-able.

Not sure I'd send them to Kroger though.
    I don't typically go to the St. Clair Shores Kroger, but I have absolutely no problem shopping at Kroger as a chain because I know what to expect.

Now there are a few Krogers I avoid like plague, because they're just plain ratchet [[I.E. the Redford Kroger and the Kroger at Eastgate Shopping Center), but overall I always receive excellent service, fresh produce and fresh deli meat at Kroger, specifically the one on Mack & Vernier.

I've personally had too many negative experiences with the independent markets in Detroit that are all owned by a particular group of people. But I would gladly shop in the city if there were a Kroger or Meijer closer to my home [[or if the 7 Mile/Gratiot Kroger were still open).

Quote Originally Posted by jiminnm View Post
    Just the opposite here, Ray. I was an east sider, near Osborn, but did go to Cass. My wife went to Mackenzie. We met about 10 years later.
    I have no doubt that your wife is absolutely a class lady and highly intelligent!

I've personally had too many negative experiences with the independent markets in Detroit that are all owned by a particular group of people.[/QUOTE]

Huh?? What point are you really trying to make?

I'm sure my post is perfectly clear. Do you have a problem with the opinion I offered?

Quote Originally Posted by kanfar View Post
    I've personally had too many negative experiences with the independent markets in Detroit that are all owned by a particular group of people.
    Huh?? What point are you really trying to make?[/QUOTE]

The point is obvious. Racist crap

We shop every where around the city. Ethnic people abound. If we don't like the service most likely don't go back. Usually discuss issues with owners. Owners like money in the register. Most of my experiences are great. Do range to Hamtramck and occaisionaly Dearborn. We love a wide range of food. Find independant markets mostly fantastic.
    Last edited by sumas; April-20-15 at 01:57 PM.

Agree 100%. I was just surprised no one else had commented on it and it kept nagging at me.

The point is obvious. Racist crap

We shop every where around the city. Ethnic people abound. If we don't like the service most likely don't go back. Usually discuss issues with owners. Owners like money in the register. Most of my experiences are great. Do range to Hamtramck and occaisionaly Dearborn. We love a wide range of food. Find independant markets mostly fantastic.[/QUOTE]

The best chili dogs and pizza come from these little stores. Got one right around the corner on Mack. Not upscale enough for folks on the lake but suits me fine.

That is nice to hear/read. Those little places can be excellent. Don't get that way much more. Several liitle markets/restarants along Mack.

At an ethnic grocery in my neighborhood one of the cashiers would do a nose holding
    eye roll when a paying customer was unkempt and had unwashed clothes on. It was
    only one of the cashiers that did this. The rest kept their peace. Sorry if that happened
    to you if that was you there.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4