Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Buttons View Post
    I'm just not seeing this great decline people are talking about. There's a lot of really nice areas in northeast Warren. Northwest Warren has some nice areas. The Mound and Van Dyke corridors can be iffy in pockets.

Houses being underwater isn't something that happened only in inner ring suburbs. I work with a guy who lives in Clarkston who had a home built in a subdivision and is underwater. On top of that, half the subdivision wasn't built so he lives next to a lot of vacant lots.
    I do not think the Mound Corridor is the least bit shady.
    I live in extreme NE warren off of Mound...its not in severe decline ..but its not on an upswing. The houses are dated in an old slightly shabby way[[I love old homes..but not worn out ones) The dynamics of the n'hood is changing and new peeps just don't seem to care about house upkeep. On trash day I routinely see original details stripped from homes, and see the new cheap gaudy furnishings going in. No one is outside and I rarely speak to any of my neighbors. Property values are up which is great! My main issue with Warren is its a bedroom community, no downtown, nothing fun, just a place to sleep. We spend most of our time outside the city. I would LOVE to see some development happen, and an expansion of the city center area. I have no complaints about Fouts and would vote for him again. I like his stance on Blight and think he's done a great job overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Wintersmommy View Post
    I do not think the Mound Corridor is the least bit shady.
    I live in extreme NE warren off of Mound...its not in severe decline ..but its not on an upswing. The houses are dated in an old slightly shabby way[[I love old homes..but not worn out ones) The dynamics of the n'hood is changing and new peeps just don't seem to care about house upkeep. On trash day I routinely see original details stripped from homes, and see the new cheap gaudy furnishings going in. No one is outside and I rarely speak to any of my neighbors. Property values are up which is great! My main issue with Warren is its a bedroom community, no downtown, nothing fun, just a place to sleep. We spend most of our time outside the city. I would LOVE to see some development happen, and an expansion of the city center area. I have no complaints about Fouts and would vote for him again. I like his stance on Blight and think he's done a great job overall.
    I meant iffy as in blight/upkeep of homes and not in terms of crime. I go to the Warren rec center a lot with my daughter and some of her cousins and friends. Some of them live in different cities yet we find ourselves using the Warren rec center more often. I wouldn't say the area off Mound is the best of north Warren. Those areas over by Hoover and heading towards Schoenherr are pretty nice. I live off of 11 Mile between Hoover and Schoenherr and it's a pretty quiet and well kept neighborhood. I could have went to Royal Oak or Ferndale or one of the trendy areas but I honestly didn't think the neighborhoods away from the downtown were that much better. I decided to pay less and get a similar neighborhood and just drive to downtown Royal Oak since I'm right off the expressway. Since my daughter was born, I don't find myself going out much anyways.

I don't mind Fouts either. He's a polarizing figure and in some ways reminds me of Coleman Young. His drama and national boycott of Walmart at least got Walmart off their ass and do something with Tech Plaza. You just have to know how to adjust the drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Wintersmommy View Post
    No one is outside and I rarely speak to any of my neighbors. My main issue with Warren is its a bedroom community, no downtown, nothing fun, just a place to sleep.
    Nailed it!