Quote Originally Posted by antongast View Post
So, based on the discussion here and elsewhere, it seems like this proposal is probably not going to pass. I guess my question for the "no" voters is, what's your proposed alternative to investing money into our moonscaped roads? Are you all planning to buy monster trucks? I just don't understand the thinking that this isn't a problem that requires immediate action, or that low taxes are somehow more important than being able to drive down the fucking street at night without breaking an axle.
My plan is to do what I've always done - avoid potholes and avoid a few roads that are really bad. Keep tires inflated and replace when worn, not when I run out of "donut" spares to put on like so many in this area. A replacement steel rim for most cars with reasonable wheels and tires is $100 or less and far cheaper than an extra $500 on my taxes every year for this bullshit. If you MUST have a $2000 set of rims on your car, buy insurance for the damned things.

I've never broken any part of any car because of our roads in 40 years and I put above average miles per year on my car. If they want money to fix the roads I want to know exactly what the projects are, how much they cost and when they will be done. Don't show me crying people worrying about their 16 year old kids [[who frankly are more of a menace than any pothole by the way) and telling me we need to write a blank check or we'll all die.

Send patching and and repair crews to fix the worst spots [[they are already on the payroll) and come up with a real plan to address bad roads. I am NOT against paying money for good roads but scaring everyone with stupid commercials and lies is not the way to get it done.