Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    Everybody's a critic. Go out to the box office and ask for your money back! :P
    Trolling is an art often appreciated by other trolls and pot-stirrers

[[not to say there isn't a little troll in me too!)

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    Surprised your neighbors didn't riot. Should have put out an empty beer can too. Did attend a party once in GPS where an elderly matron told me my cocktail dress was at least two years out of date. I was vastly amused. Still have it 15 years later.
    The Pointes are now a global fashion mecca, where wearing a two-year old cocktail dress is cause for distress?

Is there some alternate bizzaroland GP I'm not aware of? We're talking about the fuddy-duddy place on the Eastside with lots of old folks, soccer moms and Eyetalians, right?

I've been mocking the Tribes of Grosse Pointe since my days at St Pauls on the lake going back to the early 1970's. There were a handful of us Kids from the Jeff/Chalmers neighborhood that carpooled together after our parents yanked us out of the DPS when things started to get a little dicey. These pearls aren't anywhere close to the stuff we used to come up with, those silly Grosse pointers were easy targets for our juvenile sarcasm .

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    The Pointes are now a global fashion mecca, where wearing a two-year old cocktail dress is cause for distress?

Is there some alternate bizzaroland GP I'm not aware of? We're talking about the fuddy-duddy place on the Eastside with lots of old folks, soccer moms and Eyetalians, right?
    I wasn't vaguely distressed and mentioned I was amused. Yes, I adore second hand shopping and no, the outfit was not second hand. Mostly wear jeans, gray hoodies and Doc martins, my fashion sense went out in the 70's. Hair in a pony tail.

To be nice to myself, I am told that when dolled up, I am still hot. That makes me laugh even more. My birthday was yesterday and one gift was cosmetics. Maybe I should take the hint. Forget house keeping, gardening etc. Loll around the house dripping in perfume, coiffed hair, stunning nails. That isn't Gp and so not me. Detroit defending the pointes, now that is funny.

Still don't like dogs dressed up though.
    Last edited by sumas; March-24-15 at 03:17 PM.

I wasn't vaguely distressed and mentioned I was amused. Yes, I adore second hand shopping and no, the outfit was not second hand. Mostly wear jeans, gray hoodies and Doc martins, my fashion sense went out in the 70's. Hair in a pony tail.

To be nice to myself, I am told that when dolled up, I am still hot. That makes me laugh even more. My birthday was yesterday and one gift was cosmetics. Maybe I should take the hint. Forget house keeping, gardening etc. Loll around the house dripping in perfume, coiffed hair, stunning nails. That isn't Gp and so not me. Detroit defending the pointes, now that is funny.

Still don't like dogs dressed up though.
    Nothing serious. Just making fun of stereotypes and behaviours - from the early half of the 20th century!

PS - I love madras and pink and Brooks Brothers deck shoes with no socks.

Quote Originally Posted by jonathanlivingstonseagull View Post
    Nothing serious. Just making fun of stereotypes and behaviours - from the early half of the 20th century!

PS - I love madras and pink and Brooks Brothers deck shoes with no socks.
    Ok, not that old. Madras, pink and green is too much fun, not to laugh. I actually do have deck shoes [[2 pair), no boat alas. Spent a fair bit of time in the pointes and really good people, mostly. I like people wherever I go. Sometimes I sound too intense, don't mean to. Life is meant to enjoy. Laugh and celebrate Spring.

Surprised your neighbors didn't riot. Should have put out an empty beer can too. Did attend a party once in GPS where an elderly matron told me my cocktail dress was at least two years out of date. I was vastly amused. Still have it 15 years later.
    They'll see the beer cans in the recycling. Nothing but Pabst for me. And wait til I park the Harley on the lawn

Quote Originally Posted by Gpwrangler View Post
    They'll see the beer cans in the recycling. Nothing but Pabst for me. And wait til I park the Harley on the lawn
    Hey, I am Detroit, what about that 10 cent recycling. We need that financing from burbs.

Harleys awesome. My husband likes The Indian. A long time ago, I dated a guy with a Harley, drove Lakeshore, which was being resurfaced. He hit a bump, I went up, then down, no bike, just road. There I sprawled. People were kind, no one hit me as I crawled to the curb. To add insult to injury, the Blvd sprinklers went on. That was his last date with me.

My son wants a Harley now. No more room in my garage to store another trophy vehicle. Hey this is Motor city. His brother offered to store it. Mo-power.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2