Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

You made me laugh. Totally remember the days with sharing sugar, coffee, milk, flour etc. Seemed so normal.

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    You made me laugh. Totally remember the days with sharing sugar, coffee, milk, flour etc. Seemed so normal.
    I know some people on here would argue with a fence post but I have a problem with a scumbag attacking a woman regardless of circumstance. It's something I won't stand by and watch. I guess I'm just old school.

$125 a year for just what this woman is going through isn't outrageous.

http://www.armedcitizensnetwork.org/

Default The other news story...

I thought my original link covered both stories, but here's the one where the woman came home to find three guys inside her home. She shot one [[who then complained that he was the victim, "she shot me!" to the cops) and I heard/read elsewhere that two more that were in the house escaped out a basement window...

And a question for all the "Women need support" folks posting... are you seriously saying a man coming home to this sort of threat doesn't have a right to shoot?

http://www.wxyz.com/news/region/detr...oits-east-side

That's the story mentioned as the 'other' event that I was referencing when I made the comments about home invasions. And yes, an attorney may step forward to his defense. There will need to be an investigation of course.

And with the increasing numbers of 'men' and women finding themselves on the receiving end of crime I have to say that criminals past emboldened. And so too are those pushing back against the tide of crime.

Women percentage-wise have the higher added component of a sexual assault in lieu of, or in addition to a robbery, car jacking and home invasion.

However, I wouldn't say that men should do nothing in the face of crime and violence.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic01 View Post
    I thought my original link covered both stories, but here's the one where the woman came home to find three guys inside her home. She shot one [[who then complained that he was the victim, "she shot me!" to the cops) and I heard/read elsewhere that two more that were in the house escaped out a basement window...
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-11-15 at 04:52 PM.

My neighborhood is more than reasonably safe but stuff happens everywhere. I like my dogs as my first line of defense. A few would be intruders have been chased screaming down the street.

Important to remember, if one is able vary routines, do so. Interesting that our newish police chief supports home defense. Lessions are taught when you can shoot legally. We were given instructions also on 10 places most likely to be robbed. Kind of forget several, obvious is an ATM, dollar stores [[strangely), outside banks ...the one that surprised me a bit was coney islands after hours. Makes sence though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gpwrangler View Post
    I know some people on here would argue with a fence post but I have a problem with a scumbag attacking a woman regardless of circumstance. It's something I won't stand by and watch. I guess I'm just old school.
    As my Dad [[veteran) would say, "You are an officer and a gentleman".

Quote Originally Posted by Gpwrangler View Post
    Here the issue is knowing all the facts. DPD has been really good about letting homeowners defend themselves. I want to hear DPD's side as to why they thought this case was different.

If this were a white homeowner in Dearborn Heights shooting a black woman banging on his door at 3am, many people would have different opinions. [[btw, I do agree with the jury in Mr. Wafer's case).

We just simply need more details, and know why the DPD decided to act differently.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2