Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Unarmed Blacks Killed By White Cops

Isn't it peculiar that these events are happening in the Great White Northern/Northwestern States?

Aurora, Colorado police confirmed that the man killed by police last Friday in an officer involved shooting was, in fact, unarmed, reports CBS4 Denver.

The victim is Naeschylus Vinzant, 37, who police say absconded parole on March 2 by removing his ankle bracelet. Vinzant was also wanted in connection with an alleged domestic violence incident, which included charges of kidnapping, robbery, and assault, according to police investigators.

http://newsone.com/3097058/naeschylu...lorado-police/

Awfully quiet on these posts though.....idk...

My big question is why the media [[which has always been just another department for larger agencies and always being selectively quiet about a concern that has been existing for a long time) has decided to put a magnifying glass on it, now? Is it to: A.) Incite us to riot. B.) Gauge us to see if we have any sense of "protest" left in us [[maybe gizmos and junk food have subdued us?). C.) Get us to despise the local Police Departments and demand for intervention from a newly instituted Government law enforcement agency or from a privatized concern [[ala' Robocop).

If I sound subversive, know your history: The police have always demonstrated a bullying gang mentality sinse their inception from Union placating, attacks on women's suffrage, attacking civil rights protestors [[dogs and water hoses, folks), the 1968 Democratic National Convention fracas in Chicago, or Philly police dropping bombs on houses.

In all fairness, I can cite personal experiences ranging 3-1 in ratio of bad-to-good when dealing with cops [[hence what Chappelle said about not hating cops, just not trusting them-after all, they are human beings, just as corruptible as anyone else). Now, obviously, most police are not bad, but it is a given standard of history and nature that any group or movement will be overrun by corruption and by the snarling power-hungry dogs who thrive on it [[hence, "going to the dogs"), so, a good cop will eventually be pigeon-holed to some arduous task or neutralized [[ala' Serpico) in some contrived melee. I just think it odd when one fills out a huge application with questionaire-that you are told is shared with a "third party"-at say, a Michaels or ACO [[or even the stupid electronic kiosks at Target that take an hour and a half to complete), the question about your loyalty to police [[or politicians) comes up in total true or false, as if that determines if you are a good and productive worker.

Sadly, you will face a lot of silence or opposition in these threads. Most active DY members are non-Wayne County residents with comfy or Boozhey lifestyles or they are sock puppets for some agency, or whatever. I got some flack countering hateful, blood-thirsty talk on a Ferguson thread. I also drew folks attention to aspects of Ferguson to a palatable John Oliver segment, but I wasn't linking folks at the time, so, to lead a horse to water, here it is:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUdHIatS36A. I find it odd, that with the issue of police militarization-with all that upgrading of hardware, where are the body cams?

Many things about the North Carolina shooting bother me on both ends [[like how the guy filming it in plain view succeeding in doing so; yeah, the dude knocked a taser to the ground and fled, but that doesn't warrant being shot multiple times in the back by a cop with a bad past who then, drops the taser clearly next to him-hence "sprinkle some crack on him", and so on....). The most beautific thing to come out of all of this is how the God-fearing family insist that people speak up in a loud but peaceful manner, forgiving our enemies but making them reckon with their oppressive behavior.

Oh well, its open season for killing African Americans!

Yet blacks slaughtering blacks by the hundreds every year get maybe a few seconds on the news. I don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by lpg View Post
    Yet blacks slaughtering blacks by the hundreds every year get maybe a few seconds on the news. I don't understand.
    People killing other people is on the news every morning. More videographers are following the cops though.

You don't understand that the police are supposed to "protect and serve"? They are supposed to be held to a higher standard than criminals.

The point I don't understand is why the few killings by police make national news, yet blacks killing blacks doesn't. The "protect and serve" and being held to a higher standard is true and they should be held accountable if wrong. But does it trivialize the statement that black lives matter if the killings in the black community goes on ?

No one takes video of all the other murders that happen each day. If they did, the perpetrators of those crimes would be publicly exposed. Police are held to a high standard, but regular citizens are held to no standard at all. And if you watch the news each morning, you can see the result but you need to read the small text at the bottom of the screen to see it.

No no video, no story. Hope this helps.

When cops become a gang! No one can't touch them!

When cops become the KKK, No one can't touch them!

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    When cops become a gang! No one can't touch them!

When cops become the KKK, No one can't touch them!
    And they aren't either, so what's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by jerrytimes View Post
    And they aren't either, so what's the point?
    Well, there's some kind of "good ol' boy" mentality when the cops get in tight with some 73-yo. volunteer just because he donates cars to the force and let's him come along armed with an itchy-finger to sting operations.

It helps if you study your history about who are the "leaders" [[or "winners"). They were Robber-barons from this tribe or that. They amass their own gang to enforce things [[the history of the Pinkertons-or "finks" as they were once known-is not all that flattering).

Oh by the way, I don't feel I should even have to address the myopically perceived issue of "black deaths in the hands of blacks not being reported". Regardless, for quite the longest time, the media has always made sure any incident involving crime involving blacks in the city gets splashed up and rehashed [[after one story is interwoven and leap-frogging over another, people lose track, and when they are hearing the same story repeated as an update as to what is going to trial, it's natural for folks to react as if this is a "new story" and start to fear that this is an ever-mounting crime situation larger than what it is-sadly large to begin with.). It was well known to many of us who had friends in the force that there were a great deal of suburban or white-involved crimes being largely under-reported in the media.

By the '90s, it was all too obvious, and many of the folks from my generation I knew in all the scenes I frequented gave up on the local news and the disproportionate lies they told. Then, something odd happened in the beginning of the last decade, the news actually started to show more items regarding incidents involving white in suburbs like Warren, Westland, Taylor, etc. This was also noticed by others, but I thought to myself then, "how long will this last?". Sure enough, the media slides back to it's old ways, and all I happen to catch nowadays are items about black-involved crimes in the city.

I really do not think we should even make this a matter of how valid is the point of the media being selective, edited, biased, and unfair in it's reporting. I speak as one who is a bit of a media-watchdog and does his best to gauge how stories are handled, where the nostril-shots are, what emphasis and weight is placed where, how does it start, what's the last word left to linger in everyone's mind, what's the camera doing there, if it goes back and forth is it being fairly weighted, etc. After all, I really do not want to bust out a laundry list of examples to prove this going all the way back to the U.S. involvement in the massive genocides in East Timor.

Hundreds? Try the thousands! Race baiting in the media is nothing new. More whites get killed by police annually, but that's not a story that will draw attention. In other words, the station makes no $$$ Sad what our 'media' has turned into.