Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I really hope the grand old homes in Brush Park are restored to their former glory. *paging Nicole Curtis*

Quote Originally Posted by emu steve View Post
    Hate to sound naïve, but what is an "executive hotel"?

Is it a fancy name for a 4 or 5 star hotel? If so, is this a good location for this type of hotel?
    Maybe it means they don't offer hourly rates.

This is great! Brush Park is definitely going to be an area to keep our eyes on in the near future. now if we can just get another m1 type of rail going horizontal on some street to connect the not-so-distant Eartern Market area, I think I would have a heart attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayp213 View Post
    This is great! Brush Park is definitely going to be an area to keep our eyes on in the near future. now if we can just get another m1 type of rail going horizontal on some street to connect the not-so-distant Eartern Market area, I think I would have a heart attack.
    horizontal? As opposed to the current set up which is going to run vertical? NOW I understand why the naysayers are calling M-1 a "train to nowhere"... 3.3 miles straight in to the air isn't going to do anyone a damn bit of good!

I know, I know... you mean East-West... couldn't resist

Quote Originally Posted by Jayp213 View Post
    If only Dan Gilbert had left some super-secret clues to our future streetcars in the wall decorations of his buildings... something subtle and mysterious, like how the Freemasons built their symbols into the layout of Washington DC... something like giant glowing neon lines across downtown...

[[Incidentally, it's almost exactly 3 miles from St. Aubin/Gratiot to Roosevelt Park/MCS via Campus Martius.)

It's only natural that M3 and M5 rail lines will follow M1.

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanDawg View Post
    last i heard it went from being an office building to apartments. they got approved for some sort of funding and i'm almost positive they were waiting to start construction until this spring// when the ground thaws
    It is incredible what is happening along Woodward... Take a map and circle Woodward/Stimson project, the project the subject of this thread, the new arena, the Ilitch Fox office building, etc. along with all of the development which has happened in recent years.

Developers are fortunate to have undeveloped land on a great street, Woodward, with so much possibilities for development.

Someone with graphic skills could do a map of M-1 and annotate it with future projects.
    Last edited by emu steve; February-20-15 at 05:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Junjie View Post
    If only Dan Gilbert had left some super-secret clues to our future streetcars in the wall decorations of his buildings... something subtle and mysterious, like how the Freemasons built their symbols into the layout of Washington DC... something like giant glowing neon lines across downtown...

[[Incidentally, it's almost exactly 3 miles from St. Aubin/Gratiot to Roosevelt Park/MCS via Campus Martius.)
    LMAO!!! That's brilliant!

Can someone explain why there is such a large gap between the new building and the YOBS building? If seem like the new one could be closer.

Quote Originally Posted by tkelly1986 View Post
    Can someone explain why there is such a large gap between the new building and the YOBS building? If seem like the new one could be closer.
    Probably just a land ownership issue.

Quote Originally Posted by tkelly1986 View Post
    Outdoor patio of the YOBS building.

http://goo.gl/maps/p1XPH

Quote Originally Posted by ParisianLesion View Post
    horizontal? As opposed to the current set up which is going to run vertical? NOW I understand why the naysayers are calling M-1 a "train to nowhere"... 3.3 miles straight in to the air isn't going to do anyone a damn bit of good!

I know, I know... you mean East-West... couldn't resist
    lol hey hey be nice. I had just got off working a 16 hour shift when I posted that lol. I probably should have said east-west haha

dont see many now... except the people on the corner of john r and Adelaide and maybe up near mack

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanDawg View Post
    Took my kid to the Michigan Science Center yesterday. It was my first visit to Detroit in over two years. I was absolutely shocked by what is happening in Midtown. Obviously I've been following it and was aware of all the activity, but man. Seeing is believing. Woodward was almost unrecognizable...in a good way.

you called it!! Junjie!!! read the last sentence! . i screen-shot this from the m1-rail website. the signs are in front of our faces lol. nonetheless, it is a little weird you would point that out and coincidentally, they mentioned the Gratiot and Michigan Ave study.
    Name:  FullSizeRender.jpg
Views: 886
Size:  40.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Junjie View Post

Last edited by Jayp213; February-28-15 at 09:17 AM.

Interesting. I grew up in a western 'burb and wonder how they could ignore Michigan Ave.?

It's a pretty nice rendering. At least it blends well with the neighborhood.
    Hope to see more residential developments.

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
    You're really holding out hope on a 6 year old stalled project?
    glad i held out hope! brush park village north has restarted
    http://fadeddetroit.blogspot.com/201...-north-20.html

Quote Originally Posted by hybridy View Post
    glad i held out hope! brush park village north has restarted
    http://fadeddetroit.blogspot.com/201...-north-20.html
    Isn't this part of it?

http://www.realestateone.com/homes/2...troit-MI-48201

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    Yes indeed

What is shown in the real estate listing are the units that have a nice street appeal. Can't under stand why the corner units weren't done in the same way. They are extremely hideous in my view.

Quote Originally Posted by royce View Post
    What is shown in the real estate listing are the units that have a nice street appeal. Can't under stand why the corner units weren't done in the same way. They are extremely hideous in my view.
    have to agree. im curious if the semi-detached will be completed in the current phase too...

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  32.4 KB
    Last edited by hybridy; November-19-15 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by royce View Post
    Are you talking about the corner unit that mimics the corner of the Ransom Gillis house?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2