Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Switching off and on during commercials to the original Out of Towners- another classic.!!!!!!

Picked up a copy of "Wall Street" for a dollar at a thrift store and I can see myself watching it again. It is the kind of highly detailed script with mucho dialogue that can use repeats.

I could watch a lot of the old Spaghetti Western because of the superb shots, music by Morricone and just plain good humor.

Also, Peter Greenaway's bizarre and intricate films are amazing from every point of view.

I enjoy Fellini's films immensely. Casanova, Amarcord, Satyricon, etc... all bear watching many times.

I watch a lot of 'foreign' films so I'll second Canuck's "Wings of Desire" and add its sequel "Far Away so Close" by Wim Wenders. A rare case where the sequel is equal to the original.

The same is true for Claude Berri's "Jean de Florette" and the sequel/part 2 "Manon of the Spring" two gorgeous films set in southern France with French legend Yves Montand and has a great revenge scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    Switching off and on during commercials to the original Out of Towners- another classic.!!!!!!
    was that with Bob Hope & Lucille Ball?

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Picked up a copy of "Wall Street" for a dollar at a thrift store and I can see myself watching it again. It is the kind of highly detailed script with mucho dialogue that can use repeats.
    So, so good!

I revisited two of my favorites this weekend. Hitchcock's Stage Fright with Marlene Dietrich and Suddenly Last Summer with Monty Clift, Elizabeth Taylor and Katharine Hepburn. So good!

Quote Originally Posted by jonathanlivingstonseagull View Post
    I revisited two of my favorites this weekend. Hitchcock's Stage Fright with Marlene Dietrich and Suddenly Last Summer with Monty Clift, Elizabeth Taylor and Katharine Hepburn. So good!

favorite hitch, favorite clift

Strangers on a Train & Psycho [[favorite hitch)
    The Producers [[original)
    Blood Simple
    One, Two, Three with James Cagney [[overlooked film - fast paced dialogue, funny and fun to watch)
    The Missouri Breaks
    Imitation of Life

Quote Originally Posted by beanietek View Post
    Strangers on a Train & Psycho [[favorite hitch)
    The Producers [[original)

Imitation of Life
    Excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    I watch a lot of 'foreign' films so I'll second Canuck's "Wings of Desire" and add its sequel "Far Away so Close" by Wim Wenders. A rare case where the sequel is equal to the original.

The same is true for Claude Berri's "Jean de Florette" and the sequel/part 2 "Manon of the Spring" two gorgeous films set in southern France with French legend Yves Montand and has a great revenge scenario.

I haven't seen the sequel to "Wings of Desire" Lowell, thanks for telling me. I'll try to find it.

Manon des Sources and Jean de Florette are gret films too.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3