Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 50 mile rd??

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Crime happens everywhere, even up to 50 Mile Rd. Deal with it. Folks want to leave Detroit so bad. Look what happen Macomb TWP. Sprawlville USA ripe for home invasions.
    Crime may happen everywhere, but the police most certainly don't arrive to the crime scene within 2-5 minutes everywhere [[nor do they patrol the streets as often as they should everywhere).

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Crime may happen everywhere, but the police most certainly don't arrive to the crime scene within 2-5 minutes everywhere [[nor do they patrol the streets as often as they should everywhere).
    You're right; it does take them a while to get out to 37 Mile and Fisher or 36 and Dequindre. And patrol? If they hit that once in a week that's probably good

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    You're right; it does take them a while to get out to 37 Mile and Fisher or 36 and Dequindre. And patrol? If they hit that once in a week that's probably good
    But I'm sure amongst the 10 people who live out there, there are far fewer potential criminals amongst them...

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Crime happens everywhere, even up to 50 Mile Rd. Deal with it. Folks want to leave Detroit so bad. Look what happen Macomb TWP. Sprawlville USA ripe for home invasions.
    Rite on the mark Danny,
    Crimes everywhere, look therir even lots of croime in northern michigan, meth labs popping up everywhere, robberies etc.., the media up there just keeps their trap shut, and just has little articles in the paper etc

No wonder why 20 Mile Rd. M-59 HWY/FWY is the new 8 Mile Rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    Well, I've met plenty of former Detroiters up around Rose City and Oscoda area. The way they dropped N-bombs and bad-mouthed Muslims, I suspect 50 Mile Road wouldn't have been northward enough for them. Though it was pretty clear from the way they talked that they weren't running from crime.
    This type of stereotyping is very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Really? It's like 6 miles with no traffic to the nearest police station.

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    This type of stereotyping is very helpful.
    I figure being honest about the racism you encounter helps everybody. Just like sunlight is a good disinfectant.

I figure being honest about the racism you encounter helps everybody. Just like sunlight is a good disinfectant.
    Unless, of course, those stereotypes go the other way. Because, as we all know, Detroit is without flaw.

Really? It's like 6 miles with no traffic to the nearest police station.
    I really with there was a sarc mark on here

Another made-up story by DNerd. He suposedly met "plenty" of "former Detroiters" near "Rose City and Oscoda" and they "dropped N-bombs and bad-mouthed Muslims". Funny how this kind of thing seems to happen frequently to him, but hardly ever to any one else.

I can't remember the last time I heard someone [[white) use the N-word and I'm in the boonies a lot. Same with bad mouthing muslims [[not the same as criticizing terrorists). Talking about real life here, not trolling the Freep comment section.

Quote Originally Posted by Det_ard View Post
    I can't remember the last time I heard someone [[white) use the N-word and I'm in the boonies a lot. Same with bad mouthing muslims [[not the same as criticizing terrorists). Talking about real life here, not trolling the Freep comment section.
    When I lived in Warren I knew one guy on the street that made comments about not liking black people moving into the neighborhood. I never heard him say the N-word.

In my new home I've only heard one neighbor that was racist, he's from Iraq and doesn't like "ninja's", which is his term for Muslim women that cover-up.

Most of the people I have lived near in Warren and Rochester Hills are decent people that have displayed no signs of racism.

Another made-up story by DNerd. He suposedly met "plenty" of "former Detroiters" near "Rose City and Oscoda" and they "dropped N-bombs and bad-mouthed Muslims". Funny how this kind of thing seems to happen frequently to him, but hardly ever to any one else.

Cool story, bro. Go ahead and talk about the things that haven't happened to you. I'll talk about the things that have happened to me, which are about a million times more relevant.

*shrug*

Unless, of course, those stereotypes go the other way. Because, as we all know, Detroit is without flaw.
    That's a fair, if totally irrelevant, point, noise.

While you're at it. Go ahead and try digging up any post by me declaring Detroit to be flawless.

I don't think you caaa-aaan.

That's right!

So what we're really talking about here is your butt-hurt little campaign against somebody else on a message board being fueled by stuff you're simply pulling out of your ass. Awww, too bad, little buddy.

Well, I've met plenty of former Detroiters up around Rose City and Oscoda area. The way they dropped N-bombs and bad-mouthed Muslims, I suspect 50 Mile Road wouldn't have been northward enough for them. Though it was pretty clear from the way they talked that they weren't running from crime.

I used to visit the Oscoda area quite often, and in the right circles some people do freely use the "N word". However, I will say that I also spend quite a bit of time in Detroit and hear racist speech used far more often here. Not only is it freely used in many places in Detroit, but it's often personally directed at individuals as opposed the racist jokes and comments I've heard Up North where there was never a minority present.

Honestly, I would not want to be the only black guy in a bar in many parts of Northern Michigan. That being said, I'd be just as worried about being the only white dude in a bar in most areas of Detroit.

Thre town of Balwdin and the Village of Idawald is almot 50 percent black and they talk up there like they do in Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    Thre town of Balwdin and the Village of Idawald is almot 50 percent black and they talk up there like they do in Detroit.
    Idlewild is fascinating. Back in the days of legal segregation, Detroit's more affluent blacks needed a place to go for summer recreation. Hence the growth of Idlewild. I've driven through lately, and its fortunes sure have gone downhill from those sunny yesteryears ...

Idlewild is fascinating. Back in the days of legal segregation, Detroit's more affluent blacks needed a place to go for summer recreation. Hence the growth of Idlewild. I've driven through lately, and its fortunes sure have gone downhill from those sunny yesteryears ...
    Fascinating, I've never heard of the town or that part of history. Thanks for sharing the knowledge.

Yep, my dad saw Diana Ross and many others back then, also another tibit is outside Baldwin was a German Prison Camp, and the guards were all African Americans because the Germans were afraid of them, Now its a shooting range

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    When I lived in Warren I knew one guy on the street that made comments about not liking black people moving into the neighborhood. I never heard him say the N-word.

In my new home I've only heard one neighbor that was racist, he's from Iraq and doesn't like "ninja's", which is his term for Muslim women that cover-up.

Most of the people I have lived near in Warren and Rochester Hills are decent people that have displayed no signs of racism.
    Of course, it's called invisible segregation.

I wonder when Barnes & Noble will begin to stock the blockbuster non-fiction book "Barbershops of the Lower Penisula" by DetroitNerd

Someone who hasn't met my uncles.

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/inde...s_shotgun.html
    Then again, maybe crime won't take hold up there...

Quote Originally Posted by Gpwrangler View Post
    http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/inde...s_shotgun.html
    Then again, maybe crime won't take hold up there...

"Two occupants in the vehicle -- a 53-year-old Detroit man and 31-year-old Detroit woman -- were taken into custody without any resistance and remain at the Lapeer County Jail pending formal charges."

I guess crime does happen everywhere.

That's a fair, if totally irrelevant, point, noise.

While you're at it. Go ahead and try digging up any post by me declaring Detroit to be flawless.

I don't think you caaa-aaan.

That's right!

So what we're really talking about here is your butt-hurt little campaign against somebody else on a message board being fueled by stuff you're simply pulling out of your ass. Awww, too bad, little buddy.
    This is funny. My "campaign" consisted of 2 posts [[now 3!) pointing out that you're an imbecile.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast