I will say I do think the folks actually working for the PLA [[including the contractors) meant well. Nothing against them personally. This bullcrap always comes from the very top [[I.E. the mayor, city council and even state government given the city was under receivership for the past 2.5 years).

Obviously, what they were trying to do is adjust the lighting grid so that we are no longer lighting areas that are now abandoned and save the city dollars by taking those lights in the abandoned areas out of commission.

But clearly, the plan was poorly executed [[with the scapegoat being that it's meeting these mysterious "national guidelines" we've never seen nor heard of). As SWMAP stated, they obviously didn't consider the needs of the residents as they were re-distributing these lights [[as far as deterring crime, kids walking to school, etc.) when densely-populated blocks and their entrances to the alley ways [[where some people's cars and garages are) are now darker than before.

Now the question is will they acknowledge how poor their execution was and take the necessary steps to correct their mistakes, or will they simply continue to pat themselves on the back claiming a job well done? Unfortunately, it's looking to be the latter.