Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Nobody answering questions here?

This seems to have been deliberately ignored:

http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthr...9-Vb-4-Default

Can't read these scrunched up, pale blue screens at all.

Meddle,

I don't know what you're talking about. Can you take a screenshot? What browser are you using? Are you on a computer, phone, or tablet?

Try changing this [[see red highlight):

Name:  DYES.jpg
Views: 1009
Size:  36.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    Meddle,

I don't know what you're talking about. Can you take a screenshot? What browser are you using? Are you on a computer, phone, or tablet?

Try changing this [[see red highlight):
    That's the point. The only two are both almost the same, light blue. There used to be a third option called 'VB4 Default' which was the base board with little or no styling and coloring; more of a basic black and white with a basic, readable font.

That's been removed in the last few days.

I was wondering myself what happened to that layout it was way better than the standard Dyes versions

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    That's the point. The only two are both almost the same, light blue. There used to be a third option called 'VB4 Default' which was the base board with little or no styling and coloring; more of a basic black and white with a basic, readable font.

That's been removed in the last few days.
    I was always using the DYes one, so there was no apparent change for me. I don't mind the current format.

THANK YOU! I sent a PM to "admin" a few days ago and never received a reply either. I can do without the fluff and ads.

No fluff w/Adblock.....

Ads help offset the cost of running the site. Donating $25 removes the ads for a year.

I don't know if I'm just blind, but there doesn't seem to be a thread search function anymore as well. That's a bit problematic when trying to update threads with new information unless there's just going be new threads every time new information comes out on a topic.

Ads help offset the cost of running the site. Donating $25 removes the ads for a year.
    Doesn't do anything about the poor layout, bad formatting, unreadable fonts and puke blue though.

The basic default layout mentioned in the linked thread solves all of those issues.

Quote Originally Posted by animatedmartian View Post
    I don't know if I'm just blind, but there doesn't seem to be a thread search function anymore as well. That's a bit problematic when trying to update threads with new information unless there's just going be new threads every time new information comes out on a topic.

Site specific google search.

Type into google:

hotdogs site:detroityes.com

Sorry for the delay the admin account is not regularly monitored.

Kindly use the Contact & Support link at the bottom of each page which places your request in our support ticket system. Our turnaround is always under 24 hours usually under twelve.

VB4 Default skin is no longer offered as a viewing option.
    Last edited by admin; January-31-15 at 07:32 PM.

Posted by animatedmartian
    Quote Originally Posted by gvidas View Post
    Site specific google search.

Type into google:

hotdogs site:detroityes.com
    There are two search links at the bottom of every page.
    1-Search DetroitYES uses Google and does what gvidas describes, searches the chosen site only. There are also options to Search SoulfulDetroit and Search AtDetroit.net, where the old forum is parked.
    2-Search Forums uses vBulletin's native search engine. Personally I don't think it is very good other than searching titles and I use the first option only.
    Last edited by admin; January-31-15 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    VB4 Default skin is no longer offered as a viewing option.
    But why?

Why make the board more difficult to read?

Yep, no ads with that option, and the blue works for me.

Is anybody running this site?

Why hasn't this poor format been fixed?

Still not fixed?

Mine is readable. See if you can go to the bottom left, above the contact us field. There is a little field in the top border right next to Contact Us. It says Quick Style Chooser. I chose Dyes Right, and it seems to work fine for me.

Me too. Using Firefox on an old Macbook.

A novice monk joins a monastery.

The abbot tells him he must live a life of prayer and silence. At the end of each year he will be allowed to speak one word.

A year passes and the abbot asks him what his word for the year is.

"The", says the novice.

Another year passes and the abbot asks him for his word.

"Food", says the novice.

The third year passes and the abbot asks him for his word.

"Sucks", says the novice.

"What??" says the abbot, "You've been here three years now and all you have done is bitch."

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    A novice monk joins a monastery.

The abbot tells him he must live a life of prayer and silence. At the end of each year he will be allowed to speak one word.

A year passes and the abbot asks him what his word for the year is.

"The", says the novice.

Another year passes and the abbot asks him for his word.

"Food", says the novice.

The third year passes and the abbot asks him for his word.

"Sucks", says the novice.

"What??" says the abbot, "You've been here three years now and all you have done is bitch."
    ↑ I ♥ that.

"Confucius say: man who fart in church, sit in own pew." - Unknown

But seriously though. When so few users have this problem, maybe it needs to be solved at the user's end?

This was sincerely intended as a helpful suggestion.

Where is the Search box in this mess?

This is one of the most poorly laid out boards I've ever seen.

At the bottom of both the Headlines page and Tour Detroit page under "DETROIT YES NAVIGATION" are two links:
    Search DetroitYES