Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by Mackinaw View Post
    I agree that this does detract from a masterpiece building, and that there is a better way to do it.

My comment is that this is out of keeping with the normal Bedrock conscientiousness-- I credit them with restoring to original, unsullied detail several buildings along Woodward, including the First National.
    You don't think that the giant "Honigman" sign sullies the First National?

The sign is smaller than I expected. They closed roads on several blocks to install it on Saturday. I was expecting something much larger for all that trouble.

WestCoast, I thought the Honigman sign predated Bedrock, and at any rate, it's not as bad as this Ally thing, at all. Further, to the extent it detracts, just check out the beautifully restored doorway/awning to the building.

I'm not saying we should lay off of Bedrock. They need the feedback to stem any negative trends. The Townhouse entryway, also at the Ally One Detroit Bldg, is really bad.

The sign is too small and in the wrong place, lol.

Actually, putting company names on the buildings seems to be pretty standard for Bedrock. The Quicken Loans sign on the Qube, GSTV, 1001 Woodward. Has the Fifth Third sign that was supposed to go on top of One Woodward gone anywhere?
    Townhouse looked kind of bad to me in the drawings, but seeing it in person I think it looks pretty sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg19 View Post
    Someone needs to get a shot of it at night lit up.
    Here it is lit up.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5